Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by antimafia »

Le fils de la «taupe de la GRC» dans l’eau chaude

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/ ... eau-chaude

Google Translate link
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

A timely article, given there was a recent discussion in another thread about Tony Mucci, as well as other probably/possibly made Bonannos, i.e., Arcadi, Frank Cotroni Jr., to whom Domenico Violi referred Vincenzo Morena.

Mafia montréalaise: un mariage sous surveillance à Laval

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... -laval.php
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

antimafia wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:31 pm A timely article, given there was a recent discussion in another thread about Tony Mucci, as well as other probably/possibly made Bonannos, i.e., Arcadi, Frank Cotroni Jr., to whom Domenico Violi referred Vincenzo Morena.

anti, do you know if the Sal Cazzetta, Hells Angels leader, mentioned in the article
is related to / or the same person as Sam Cazzetta that was leader of the Rock Machine
during the biker wars in the 2000's? Thanks, SP
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:55 pm
antimafia wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:31 pm A timely article, given there was a recent discussion in another thread about Tony Mucci, as well as other probably/possibly made Bonannos, i.e., Arcadi, Frank Cotroni Jr., to whom Domenico Violi referred Vincenzo Morena.

anti, do you know if the Sal Cazzetta, Hells Angels leader, mentioned in the article
is related to / or the same person as Sam Cazzetta that was leader of the Rock Machine
during the biker wars in the 2000's? Thanks, SP
Yes, they are one and the same.

A few weeks ago, there were some articles in late November and early December about the wedding of the influential Hells Angel Martin Robert and Annie Arbic, who is the daughter of Quebec narcotrafficker Sharon Simon (at one time the girlfriend of Sergio Piccirilli; I don't know whether they are still together). Three Journal de Montréal reporters co-authored an article that included a list of select wedding guests (I already know that posters outside of Canada can't read the article found at https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/ ... -dun-hells). Cazzetta and Salvatore Brunetti were among those listed. Following is an excerpt from the very bottom of the list:

Mafia italienne (clan Rizzuto)

- Miguel Torres
- Giuseppe Focarazzo
- Antonio Pietrantonio
- Antonio Lavaronne, de Hamilton

One of the authors of the article confirmed for me by a Twitter DM that "Lavaronne" should have been Iavarone. So this Antonio Lavaronne is probably Tony Iavarone, whose brother Al was murdered this past September in Ontario. I indirectly asked the reporter about Antonio Pietrantonio, who had sided with Sal Montagna in the quest to supplant the Rizzutos; the journalist didn't answer my question.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I read it okay..
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Thanks for letting me know. In the future I'll try to add a Google Translate link to JDM articles so that everyone, regardless of where they live, can at the very least read the translated articles.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:^^^^
Thanks for letting me know. In the future I'll try to add a Google Translate link to JDM articles so that everyone, regardless of where they live, can at the very least read the translated articles.
Appreciated.

Seems like Antonio Pietrantonio somehow managed to be in good graces again. How that makes sense I don't know. It seemed to me that he was involved in the murder of Agostino Cuntrera, but I suppose that if that were the case he would be dead by now. Perhaps he only sided with Montagna after the killings, still that would be seen as betrayal. Difficult what to make of this. Montagna was clearly an enemy to the Rizzutos.

Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Here is a dossier prepared by Daniel Renaud on the status of the Montreal Mafia, five years after Vito Rizzuto's death.

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/eefcf5c ... ent=Screen
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This is confirmed in Renauds latest book, that in Montreal, the Hells Angel's are the strongest crimin as l group...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Oh, lol just saw he authored this...
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

And so what happens is that the spotlights are turned on the Hell's now. It it to the Mafia's benefit when the media states that they are weak and a shadow of their fromer selves as the Mob likes to operate in that very same shadow. LE's focus will be parallel to the strenght of an organized crime group. In the near future there will probably be a crackdown on the Hell's again and then the Mob will fill the same vacuum as the Hell's now have done visa versa. It's a never-ending circle. And I think bikers are easier to target than the mob because of the fact that the mob is far better entrenched in the business world and political system not to mention the international connections, especially with narcotics. 95% for the Hell's and 5% (out of courtesy [emoji38]) for the Mob sounds like utter bullshit and is a highly unprofessional statement coming from someone from LE. No wonder this person wants to stay anonymous.

Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Mafia mind and Bikers mind are too far different types of philosophies.

Birds always managed to come back to their original nest whatever the strenght of the winds.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised that all sorts of hells start getting arrested in the next few years. Theyre a bit too flashy as well, as evident with that wedding a few weeks ago. They are a solid OC group, probably the closest thing to the mob in Canada, but they just ain't at that level yet in terms of sophistication. Close but no cigar. The one advantage they have is that they have a larger recruitment pool than the mob, and aren't non Italians aren't limited in climbing the ladder.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Okay, not to be petty....But are we grouping the Sollecito group, the old Violi- Calabrian group, and the Cuntrera group as the Bonnanos?

Or would the old Violi group be associated with the Hamilton Violis?

Basically I'm asking, where or who, are the Bonnano group?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:Okay, not to be petty....But are we grouping the Sollecito group, the old Violi- Calabrian group, and the Cuntrera group as the Bonnanos?

Or would the old Violi group be associated with the Hamilton Violis?

Basically I'm asking, where or who, are the Bonnano group?
No one here can give you a definitive answer. Most of the old known Bonanno members are dead. From those who are left the Arcuris are possible members and old Cotroni associates such as Mucci, Vanelli and Volpato. The induction ceremony of Vincenzo Moreno was just a glimpse of remaining Bonanno activity in Canada, but decent evidence nonetheless. But it's a stretch to say that there is still a functional crew in Montreal. However, Domenic Violi's statements suggest that the Montreal Mafia is reorganizing. With Rizzuto gone and his organization in shatters ties with New York may have been renewed.