Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Moscone65 »

In Chicago there are/were alot of Barese.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 am Yeah, just, I dont think American LCN would hold you back, if you were Calabrese, would they? She said, NOW they can raise to a position of power? They couldnt before? I figured she meant guys from Italy.....

I guess it depends on the boss, or capo...

Quick question, Operation Colombo, did it even touch the Schirripa clan? Are they still in NY?
If I remember correctly, there were some arrests in Italy that coincided with Operation Columbus but I'm not sure what their affiliation was.
Also, I'm still not sure on what she was saying with the Siderno group, and the Gioiosa group as far as NY. It's not real clear to me , what was your take?
What comments are you talking about?
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I don't think it has mattered if you were Sicilian for a long while now. It more depended on the boss, the crew you fell in with, and how good you were. If you worked with a bunch of old school sicilians, and we're an average earner, they might not take the time to try and put you on record. If your crew was mixed in general, and/or you were extremely noteworthy, they would probably propose you for membership. Also likely depended on how many candidates they wanted to make, who the other candidates were, ect. Nowadays, as well out all know, they don't really give a shit what part of Italy your from, preferably somewhere in the south perhaps, but even if you weren't I don't think they care. Greg Scarpas family was from Venice. The only exceptions would be the calabrians in North America, they only "make" family members, and people who intermarry into their family, which are often times members of families that are traditionally ndrangheta. So all made guys in the Calabrese clans in Canada ect are likely still Calabrese.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:07 am ^^^^
You're welcome.

I don't have anywhere near enough knowledge to know which members of the Genoveses, Gambinos, and Bonannos would be tightest with 'ndrangheta members in NYC. Sergi would have read the Italian-language documents regarding Operation New Bridge--she even references them in her and Lavorgna's book--so perhaps the names of American LCN members are in those documents? I'll take a look over at Scribd.com just because now I'm curious. If I don't find anything, I'll e-mail her.
Wiseguy and others:

The document I unsuccessfully tried to find on the Net, in particular on Scribd.com, is titled "Operation New Bridge, No. 3273/12 R.G.N.R. DDA." Anna Sergi told me that she can't share the file with me--I didn't ask, but the reason probably has to do either with its hard-copy format, size, and so on--but she told me she'd try to find online a shorter version of the document if she has time. She also suggested I narrow my Internet search by focusing on the "No. 3273/12 R.G.N.R." part of the document name.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

L'industrie du cannabis dans la ligne de mire d’un proche de la mafia

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/11 ... bis-canada
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Jesus Holy God!! Is this the SAME GUY!!

Did ALL OF CANADA talk to this guy? lol
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:21 pm Jesus Holy God!! Is this the SAME GUY!!

Did ALL OF CANADA talk to this guy? lol
Yes, the various Canadian criminals spoke with Vincenzo Morena. For reasons still unknown to me, reporters are not publishing Morena’s name, even though they discovered it via Capeci. Morena has been identified in court proceedings and newspaper articles as CW-1, with not a single mention of his name.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
In Canada at least.