General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by slimshady_007 »

NothingNew44 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 pm What’s everybody’s take on “about the mafia” website. Reliable?
Good site. It good at keepin up with lcn related news.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am
NothingNew44 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 pm What’s everybody’s take on “about the mafia” website. Reliable?
Good site. It good at keepin up with lcn related news.
All it does is compile Mafia news from other websites like the Daily News and Gang Land. So it’s good in that sense, but I wouldn’t put any stock into anything which they cite their own ‘sources.’ I believe they reported on a Patriarca making ceremony a couple years ago based on their own sources that’s never been confirmed.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Thanks
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

What’s everyone’s take on this? Specifically Buffalo status and especially the Commission.

https://aboutthemafia.com/domenico-viol ... falo-mafia
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NothingNew44 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:46 pm What’s everyone’s take on this? Specifically Buffalo status and especially the Commission.

https://aboutthemafia.com/domenico-viol ... falo-mafia
30 pages of discussion about this in the thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&start=110
All roads lead to New York.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

didnt think this deserved its own so...

Any chances Sammy was informing before he actually flipped?

I mean this guy got away with murder after murder and crime after crime for decades?

How in the world did he make it past all of that?

On top of it he loses his best friend/mentor in 86?

Im just saying has it ever crossed anyones minds or has anyone ever read about Sammy maybe informing? I never have
I get it....first rule of fight club.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm Did David Chase say that he was not killed? Or at least that he didn't intend for him to be killed?

Pogo
I always imagined Christopher would flip, Tony would get life in prison, then the show would end with Tony deciding whether or not to flip but never reveal his decision. Would have been a better cliffhanger to end the series with than the blackout, but last time I watched the show all the way through I liked the blackout ending.

If Tony got killed, life in prison, or flipped and put away a bunch of the main players, I would have liked them to do another season "early 90s Philly" style where Furio comes back and becomes boss, Beansie comes up from Florida, gets made, and becomes underboss, Artie gets made and immediately promoted to captain, Sal Vitro and Vito's brother get made, Little Paulie and Benny become captains, Furio recruits some Italians (the hitmen they used on the earlier seasons would be great), etc. You'd have Paulie Walnuts in prison trying to call shots and take over the family but none of his faction can do anything right. Just a season of pure comedy.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

DPG wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:26 am didnt think this deserved its own so...

I mean this guy got away with murder after murder and crime after crime for decades?

Im just saying has it ever crossed anyones minds or has anyone ever read about Sammy maybe informing? I never have
I don't think so. If he was, it probably would have come out by now.
All roads lead to New York.
richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

Interestingly enough, Capeci writes an interesting bit in one of books around the time Gotti and Gravano are holed up at the MCC before Gravano flips. After hearing the tapes, Gravano is steaming with Gotti saying how could you say these things, etc. Gotti responds by saying its all just talk, that "I always defended you when it came to anything- especially the time when Joe Butch Corrao labeled you a rat." Gravano's reaction to this is clearly outraged, saying how ridiculous that claim was and that the first thing he does when they get out is killing Corrao.

It begs a few questions, likely it is a scenario where Gotti is lying, to show Gravano he took his side when his name was defamed and in this instance being called the worst possible thing. Maybe Gravano is lying, telling authorities Gotti said this and Capeci is just relaying what Gravano told. Capeci isnt perfect but I find it hard to believe he'd make the story up out of thin air and include it in his book which has been proven to be pretty credible. Regardless, it was the first i had seen an instance where Gravano was labeled a rat before flipping, so I thought i would bring it up with regards to your question.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

richard_belding wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:08 am

Interestingly enough, Capeci writes an interesting bit in one of books around the time Gotti and Gravano are holed up at the MCC before Gravano flips. After hearing the tapes, Gravano is steaming with Gotti saying how could you say these things, etc. Gotti responds by saying its all just talk, that "I always defended you when it came to anything- especially the time when Joe Butch Corrao labeled you a rat." Gravano's reaction to this is clearly outraged, saying how ridiculous that claim was and that the first thing he does when they get out is killing Corrao.

It begs a few questions, likely it is a scenario where Gotti is lying, to show Gravano he took his side when his name was defamed and in this instance being called the worst possible thing. Maybe Gravano is lying, telling authorities Gotti said this and Capeci is just relaying what Gravano told. Capeci isnt perfect but I find it hard to believe he'd make the story up out of thin air and include it in his book which has been proven to be pretty credible. Regardless, it was the first i had seen an instance where Gravano was labeled a rat before flipping, so I thought i would bring it up with regards to your question.
Thanks for the info as ive never read a single book on Gotti, other than put is included in Five Families. The way he operated, killing people connected to him thru legit businesses with no back lash just screams informant to me. Not an on the books with a code name/number informant but someone who could have been playing both sides for a long time. Like i said its just my opinion but as wiseguy just said im sure it wouldve come out by now.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

gotti said joe butch called sammy a rat,?
richard_belding
Straightened out

bronx wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:04 pm gotti said joe butch called sammy a rat,?
Ill try n post the bit later when iv got it
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

B. wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:50 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm Did David Chase say that he was not killed? Or at least that he didn't intend for him to be killed?

Pogo
I always imagined Christopher would flip, Tony would get life in prison, then the show would end with Tony deciding whether or not to flip but never reveal his decision. Would have been a better cliffhanger to end the series with than the blackout, but last time I watched the show all the way through I liked the blackout ending.

If Tony got killed, life in prison, or flipped and put away a bunch of the main players, I would have liked them to do another season "early 90s Philly" style where Furio comes back and becomes boss, Beansie comes up from Florida, gets made, and becomes underboss, Artie gets made and immediately promoted to captain, Sal Vitro and Vito's brother get made, Little Paulie and Benny become captains, Furio recruits some Italians (the hitmen they used on the earlier seasons would be great), etc. You'd have Paulie Walnuts in prison trying to call shots and take over the family but none of his faction can do anything right. Just a season of pure comedy.
Sal 'one arm' Vitro would be wearing the cast on his armm and take over the lawn cutters union
in North Jersey.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

A silly question ... but as you research the Mafia?, I'm not talking about the sites but rather the method, first look for newspapers, articles, FBI Files, books? or by names or the criminal family? is that sometimes I'm kind of lost where to start.
richard_belding
Straightened out

bronx wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:04 pm gotti said joe butch called sammy a rat,?
C63DF716-09F4-45B5-A0FB-BD18826C5786.jpeg
FA98F9BB-05A5-4ADF-AF27-B864AAAEE67B.jpeg

William Peist being the cop in question
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.