Netflix series Bad Blood

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Bruno187
Straightened out

Netflix series Bad Blood

Post by Bruno187 »

I was wondering if anybody had caught the series yet.
I had relatively high hopes as there is not many documentaries on Rizzuto and the Canadians.
Watched a few episodes and was very underwhelmed. I think they "try" to stick to historical events, but have taken some dramatic licenses.

Anybody else have feedback?
John W
Straightened out

Re: Netflix series Bad Blood

Post by John W »

Bruno187 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am I was wondering if anybody had caught the series yet.
I had relatively high hopes as there is not many documentaries on Rizzuto and the Canadians.
Watched a few episodes and was very underwhelmed. I think they "try" to stick to historical events, but have taken some dramatic licenses.

I watched them all on Saturday, I thought it was okay but not close to the real life narrative, the creators fitted real life events in how they saw fit which doesn't portray how things really happened.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Like I said before, they didn't have to change much of the story. The story as it is, is extremely suitable for television. Canadians aren't the best show makers so it seems.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

I'm three episodes in....it's kind of cheesy and they changed too much of the story but it's still enjoyable for what it is. Anyone know if Vito was really attacked in prison?
Breadman
Straightened out

Post by Breadman »

it's good, but based on fiction , historical data is way off from reality. Declan seems to be a combination of different individuals
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Bruno187 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am I was wondering if anybody had caught the series yet.

I watched all of season 1 on FlixTor. I was able
to watch episodes 1,2,3 of season 2, before
FlixTor went 'pay only'. So far I have enjoyed
it for entertainment purposes. After season 1, all
historical facts seem to disappear. Declan seems
to be a Dejardins type character IMO. He becomes
a 1 man crime family. (actually he is just a drug
importer/dealer).
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

I dig it, pretty entertaining. I didn’t go into it thinking it was gonna be 100% factual but it is a good watch
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

I saw one episode so far it’s ok , is that Declan guy supposed to be a made guy ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:54 pm I saw one episode so far it’s ok , is that Declan guy supposed to be a made guy ?
Show was pretty weak overall but pretty much a must watch for guys like us. Not sure who Declan is supposed to be but I thought the guy playing him was the definition of “over acting”. I do think LaPaglia however did a pretty damn good job with what he had.
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

Thought it was awful to be honest.
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Season 2 just wrapped up on Canadian tv...it's even nuttier than the first season. Loosely based on the Musitano brothers. But to be honest, it's better than most shows on Canadian tv.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Uncle Pete wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:52 pm
Stroccos wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:54 pm I saw one episode so far it’s ok , is that Declan guy supposed to be a made guy ?
Show was pretty weak overall but pretty much a must watch for guys like us. Not sure who Declan is supposed to be but I thought the guy playing him was the definition of “over acting”. I do think LaPaglia however did a pretty damn good job with what he had.
Yeah, Kim Coates (who plays Declan) seemed to be miscast in the show. He's actually a good actor and fit a lot better as Tig in Sons of Anarchy.
All roads lead to New York.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Peaky Blinders is tits!
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

declan.. joe watts look alike
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Absolute fucking trash, I can't think of one good thing to say about this show.