Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I was under the impression that its not the Contronis but rather the Ndrans in Toronto. Commisio?? As well as the Sidernos.

kinda suprised to see Controni faction.... did u mean Violi??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:57 am I was under the impression that its not the Contronis but rather the Ndrans in Toronto. Commisio?? As well as the Sidernos.

No, I think the Cotroni Faction is made up of former Desjardin/Frank Cotroni crew like Tony Volpato and sons of Vic or Frank (Francesco & Nicodemo if I remember correctly). There must be others but I do not necessarily know them. It's possible that I'm wrong but I think it's these guys.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Can I get the cliff notes on this? Who is leading the Rizzuto family and who is still killing their members..?
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Rocco wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:41 pm Can I get the cliff notes on this? Who is leading the Rizzuto family and who is still killing their members..?
Good luck with that :lol:
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Rocco wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:41 pm Can I get the cliff notes on this? Who is leading the Rizzuto family and who is still killing their members..?
Leonardo Rizzuto and Solecitto r believed to be rizzuto tops i believe
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

motorfab wrote:
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:57 am I was under the impression that its not the Contronis but rather the Ndrans in Toronto. Commisio?? As well as the Sidernos.

No, I think the Cotroni Faction is made up of former Desjardin/Frank Cotroni crew like Tony Volpato and sons of Vic or Frank (Francesco & Nicodemo if I remember correctly). There must be others but I do not necessarily know them. It's possible that I'm wrong but I think it's these guys.
Former Bonanno crew members who were close to Vic and then Frank Cotroni and Joe Di Maulo. The Cotroni guys were the original Bonannos before the Rizzutos usurped the crew. Desjardins was just one of the guys who was lucky to be Joe Di Maulo's brother-in-law.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Alessandro Sucapane, leader in a Montreal Mafia clan, granted day parole

https://montrealgazette.com/news/alessa ... ay-parole/
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not to fan the flames, but if it's true that Domenico Violi is the Magaddino family underboss and that he is the highest ranking Canadian member ever to be part of a US-based Cosa Nostra family, it raises some questions about Montreal.

“This one guy … he goes, ‘Domenic, you know you made history.’ I said, ‘I made history?’ He goes, ‘Yeah, nobody ever in Canada got this position,’” Violi said in the recordings.

Now, does he mean this only with regards to the Buffalo-Ontario family, i.e. the only Canadian member of that family to be part of the admin? Or does he mean nobody in Canada, period, has held an administrative position? The articles all say "highest Canadian member of a US-based family" but this excerpt of the conversation doesn't specify US-based family and simply says "in Canada", which makes me question why the articles made that distinction.

Despite media hype, there are no reliable sources and no evidence that Montreal at any point became a recognized Cosa Nostra mafia family of their own, whether they "broke off" from the Bonannos or not. Despite seeming to have a defacto pecking order that I won't argue against, there is no evidence that the Montreal group ever became its own Cosa Nostra mafia family. If they did, as I have said before, it would require another Cosa Nostra group's recognition, otherwise they would technically be no different from the Gallos in New York when they rebelled against Profaci, meaning that their ranks would only be relevant inside of their own group, which is to say not relevant at all. But again, we don't have any evidence pointing even to that.

I will be curious to see if more comes from what Violi said, as it could have implications about the Montreal group and put some theories to rest and knowing Montreal create a bunch of new ones.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

If the Montreal family didn't branch off and form their own thing, then why didn't Sal Montagna have full respect and control when he came over from New York, after all he was the boss for a bit back in NYC. It's clear that he tried to take over, so that means that by that point Montreal was its own thing, no longer Bonnano's. Ya I know it was Desjardins that later had him whack but he was still in conflict with Rizzuto members at certain points.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 pm Alessandro Sucapane, leader in a Montreal Mafia clan, granted day parole

Tweet by Stefano Violi in response to Paul Cherry's having linked to his own article about Sucapane. On Twitter, Steve R. Violi has presented himself for years as the son of the murdered Rocco Violi who was killed in Montreal in 1980. This Stefano is usually more discreet than this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

B. wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:55 pm Now, does he mean this only with regards to the Buffalo-Ontario family, i.e. the only Canadian member of that family to be part of the admin? Or does he mean nobody in Canada, period, has held an administrative position? The articles all say "highest Canadian member of a US-based family" but this excerpt of the conversation doesn't specify US-based family and simply says "in Canada", which makes me question why the articles made that distinction.
violi said he's the underboss of buffalo family, so higher than bonanno boss in montreal who was a capodecina/captain
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

antimafia wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 am
antimafia wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 pm Alessandro Sucapane, leader in a Montreal Mafia clan, granted day parole

Tweet by Stefano Violi in response to Paul Cherry's having linked to his own article about Sucapane. On Twitter, Steve R. Violi has presented himself for years as the son of the murdered Rocco Violi who was killed in Montreal in 1980. This Stefano is usually more discreet than this.
Can someone translate what his tweet says to English please?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

John W wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Violi is somewhat fluent in Italian, but here his command of the language failed him.

You don't say "Buona continuità" in Italian--it's not an expression of anything. You also don't really say "Sempre un rispetto per name of a person, pronoun for a person." What I think he was aiming for was to express his hope that Sucapane keeps forging ahead and to stay the course, especially because Sucapane claims to be retired from the mob.

So the translation could be as follows: Stay the course, my friend. I'll always have respect for you. God bless you.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

antimafia wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Violi is somewhat fluent in Italian, but here his command of the language failed him.

You don't say "Buona continuità" in Italian--it's not an expression of anything. You also don't really say "Sempre un rispetto per name of a person, pronoun for a person." What I think he was aiming for was to express his hope that Sucapane keeps forging ahead and to stay the course, especially because Sucapane claims to be retired from the mob.

So the translation could be as follows: Stay the course, my friend. I'll always have respect for you. God bless you.
Thanks
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:

Is there anybody who truly believes he will retire? Del Balso and Arcadi are supposedly retired too. [emoji2]