Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Clark
Straightened out

Re: The 'Ndrangheta in Ontario

Post by Clark »

Some readers are probably wondering why this information is coming out so late in the game, but it was as a result of a publication ban. They are very common in Canada and are usually put in place to protect victims, witnesses, or sensitive information. The media still can get the documents/hear the facts in court, but can't publish them. Once the charges are resolved, it is fine to report on.

Without jumping into the whole Buffalo debate, I am really suprised that the younger Violi brother wasn't already made into the Buffalo family. I was always willing to bet that given his grandfather's connections and old-school views, both brothers would have been made in the 1980s as a form of protection after the massacare of their father/uncles. I know Luppino died in 1988, but his sons likely still could have arranged it well into the early 90s.

If what is being reported about Joe Violi is true, it makes you wonder if the opportunity to be made into the Bonanno family would have been coming from New York or Montreal? I can't imagine that the Rizzuto's would be excited about a Violi being made, but after the Montagna murder you have to wonder about Montreal's status with the Bonanno family was when all this was occuring. We know the relationship has deteriorated following Sciascia's murder, so I guess it is always possible that there was a shift of interests at some point given the Violi's close relationship to the family at the time of his arrest.

One well-connected Canadian member turns informant, we get a trial, and then a book...is that too much to ask for? History says yes...
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: The 'Ndrangheta in Ontario

Post by Lupara »

Confederate wrote:
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 pm Looks like it's crow for dinner.
The National Post is run by CEO Paul Godfrey of Post Media who is an Anti-White Jew. In 2006 a big article was written by the National Post about Iran forcing minorities to wear badges. The article was called " IRAN EYES BADGES FOR JEWS". The article circulated and other World Leaders questioned it being a completely false story. The Canadian Prime Minister had to intervene because of the outrage at the "fake news" story. About a month later the Publisher at National Post submitted a written apology about the Article being FALSE and said that the National Post had not exercised caution or checked enough sources. They are no different than the National Enquirer as far as reporting "Stories".

So, you can eat your own crow for dinner and believe them and I'll believe the F.B.I. :mrgreen:
What does this racial bullshit has to do with the validity of Humphrey's article? Please keep these kind of discussions out of these threads.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

gohnjotti wrote:Canada's largest newspaper, the Globe and Mail, is corroborating the National Post article and goes into even more detail into what Violi told the undercover Bonanno soldier, who is obviously Vincenzo Morena. Regardless of Paul Godfrey's political views, I don't see any agenda behind this article or the Globe and Mail's. It definitely appears that the Buffalo mob is active. Here's what we know so far:

1. The family made a resurgence in 2014 as boss Leonard Falzone was ailing (National Post).
2. The family has 30 members (Globe and Mail).
3. Joseph Todaro Jr. is the family's boss, with Domenico Violi the underboss (Both articles corroborate this).

And I think the biggest news here that everybody has overlooked (if true) is that the Commission is apparently still a thing, directly quoted by Violi. Which comes to my next points:
4. Michael Mancuso, as well as members of the Genovese and Colombo families, were alerted to the promotion of Domenico Violi as underboss (National Post).
5. John Zancocchio alerted the Buffalo mob to the induction of Vincenzo Morena, showing that there's regular communication between the two families (National Post).
6. Giuseppe 'Joey' Violi was wrestling between the decision to become a Buffalo member or Bonanno member, showing that the Bonanno family's presence in Canada goes beyond Vincenzo Morena, whom I previously reasoned was inducted because he was a longtime New York-based wiseguy (Both articles corroborate this).

I think it's a stretch to say that both the National Post & the Globe and Mail are coordinating lies about the Violis. They both seem to be taking their information directly from court proceedings and documents and they definitely corroborate each other.
This.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Lupara wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:39 am
Confederate wrote:
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 pm Looks like it's crow for dinner.
The National Post is run by CEO Paul Godfrey of Post Media who is an Anti-White Jew. In 2006 a big article was written by the National Post about Iran forcing minorities to wear badges. The article was called " IRAN EYES BADGES FOR JEWS". The article circulated and other World Leaders questioned it being a completely false story. The Canadian Prime Minister had to intervene because of the outrage at the "fake news" story. About a month later the Publisher at National Post submitted a written apology about the Article being FALSE and said that the National Post had not exercised caution or checked enough sources. They are no different than the National Enquirer as far as reporting "Stories".

So, you can eat your own crow for dinner and believe them and I'll believe the F.B.I. :mrgreen:
What does this racial bullshit has to do with the validity of Humphrey's article? Please keep these kind of discussions out of these threads.
You don't get it. It shows that the National Post is prone to spreading "Stories" they buy from sources that are not verified like the National Enquirer does in America of which you probably don't know since you live in Europe. 90% of the Media in America is controlled by Jews who are subversive and spread fake news. The National Post is no different in spreading the false belief that the Buffalo Mafia (which is White people) is a functioning criminal Mafia Group with a hierarchy. The Feds have said the Family has been defunct for a long time. I would believe the Feds over this bullshit story. That's what it has to do with it. If you don't agree, then believe what you want but I'll express my opinion about certain news outlets anytime I please and give my reasons for it. I don't need your permission or approval.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:03 pm This is not passing the smell test. Here we have the head of the FBI Buffalo office saying there is no family, no leader, no structure, no real OC activity and only a few remaining members most of whom are involved in legit businesses. They also said that Joe Todaro Jr. Is retired. Moreover the Feds haven't recognized a family in Buffalo for over a decade.

Now we are supposed to believe that the Buffalo family is back in action with Joe Todaro Jr. naming an UnderBoss, several Capos and reaching out to the "Commission". The whole thing reads like some GBB fantasy. Like I mentioned up top it also telling that none of the articles when this bust happened made any mention of this. Neither does the indictment as I recall. You would think the indictment of an UnderBoss would have been mentioned.

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:40 pm Direct from the head of the Buffalo FBI office.
The local FBI once had a large squad of agents working full time on mob cases, but the agency no longer considers the Mafia a presence in this region, according to Adam S. Cohen, special agent in charge of the Buffalo FBI office.

“Some of the individuals who were leaders of the Mafia are still around,” Cohen said. “But their organized crime activities don’t exist anymore. Some of them have legitimate businesses that we know of.”

Though several local men succeeded Magaddino as leaders following his death, no one leads what is left of the mob in this region, Cohen said. Several retired state and local law enforcement officials who specialized in Mafia investigations agreed.
Today, both Cohen and Coppola estimate that there are no more than a handful of surviving mob members in the area, with no viable organization to unite them, and no leader.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/03/19/fbi- ... perations/
This is accurate, not the National Post. However, everyone is free to express their opinion and believe whatever makes them happy.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@Confederate

The issue isn't the author of the article, it's the sources of the INFORMATION. The information comes from cops, wiretaps, and documentation from court proceedings.

However you might feel about the website, the INFORMATION comes from credible sources, and a credible (if a little biased..) author.

You guys tried to do the same thing in the Double Affiliation thread. You attacked the author of the book, ignoring the fact that the info came from LE and the courts and the same info is in ALL the books. Like the info in Octopus, is the SAME info in Pizza Connection, the same shit is in Last Days of the Sicilians and so on...

Similar situation here, All these publications got their info from the same place, so how does the author
or website make the information irrelevant?

And to top it off, ANOTHER nonsensical, has nothing to do with the topic rant. And you guys called me rambling and unfocused, incredible, lol....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Shit baffles me.... Like yall really wanna talk about Benny the Blade for 15 pages? This isnt an interesting topic?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:25 am @Confederate

The issue isnt the author of the article, it's the sources of the INFORMATION. The information comes from cops, wiretaps, and documentation from court proceedings.

However you might feel about the website, the INFORMATION comes from credible sources, and a credible ( if a little biased..) author.

You guys tried to do the same thing in the Double Affiliation thread. You attacked the author of the book, ignoring the fact that the info came from LE and the courts and the same info is in ALL the books. Like the info in Octopus, is the SAME info in Pizza Connection, the same shit is in Last Days of the Sicilians and so on...

Similar situation here, All these publications got thier info from the same place, so how does the author
or website make the information irrelevant?

And to top it off, ANOTHER nonsensical, has nothing to do with the topic rant. And you guys called me rambling and unfocused, incredible, lol....
I NEVER attacked any author in the Double Affiliation Thread. I praised "Pizza Connection" and "Last Days of The Sicilians". I TOLD you about those books. You have me mixed up with someone else. LOL
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

You are right, that was the other guys, but I recognized the tactic, I had a brief stint on a debate team in high school, lol...

my man, all I'm saying is we were discussing an arrest of Hamilton based mobsters, somehow this led you to Anti White Jews and Iran. It LOOKS kinda CRAZY, to read....
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

A few things...

First, regarding the overall current state of the Buffalo LCN, I agree with Pogo. Not to mention the FBI as well, who is going to know more about what's going on there than anyone. Moreover, the last 20 years of relative inactivity can't just be ignored.

Second, considering what U.S. authorities have said, I would have to see more to believe Falzone was boss or that Todaro Jr. is the current one. Even in a nominal role, though that's the most it could be. Or that there's a 30 member family with a functioning hierarchy on the southern side of the border. As Pogo said, a lot of this just doesn't pass the smell test.

Finally, some may recall the report back in June by OC scholar Anna Sergi for Jane's Intelligence Review. While the majority of it dealt with the New York families, as well as increasing activity by the Ndrangheta in New York in recent years, it opens with this:

On 9 November 2017, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) reported charges in the Greater Toronto Area against nine individuals, including trafficking in carfentanil, cocaine, contraband tobacco, fentanyl, heroin, methamphetamine, and weapons across southwestern Ontario and New York. Project OTremens had started in 2013 and resulted in raids across eastern Canada led by the RCMP and the Greater Toronto Area Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit, with assistance from other Canadian police forces. Some of those arrested were connected to a Buffalo-based family, the Todaro syndicate, which had once belonged to La Cosa Nostra(LCN).

2-42b5645a19.jpg

At least up until now, the underlined portion above was hard to understand. However, in light of these recent articles, it may be starting to make more sense. Any way you slice it, while there are remaining ties to the LCN in the U.S., that bust was primarily a Canadian one. And it reflected organization and activity there far more than anything in Buffalo today.

And I'll gladly go on record predicting that the future will confirm this. It will be more reminiscent of Buffalo over the last 20 years than this recent case and reported wiretaps. I'm willing to bet that all this talk about recent Buffalo will be like what we've seen on the forums about Detroit over the past decade - lots of smoke, little substance. Those two families lasted longer than many others but it's 2018, folks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Violi underboss of buffalo mob

Post by Hailbritain »

NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 am Shit baffles me.... Like yall really wanna talk about Benny the Blade for 15 pages? This isnt an interesting topic?
It is probably just because their is so much to process seeing this this new information flies in the face of such common and fervently held assumptions.
Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Violi underboss of buffalo mob

Post by Chucky »

For what it's worth, another Canadian paper has an article out about this: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... d-a-mafia/
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

I thought there was no more buffalo mob
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Sooo, are we gonna go with the idea that there is in fact a Buffalo mafia family in 2018? And Todaro is the boss?