Mob Talk Sitdown 24 1

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Mob Talk Sitdown 24 1

Post by Angelo Santino »

Interview with former undercover agent McGowan who talks about Phila. and Boston teaming up and his infiltration of those orgs. Luisi et al.

Strocc' and TJ, you may enjoy this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwVAlynyEAk

---

Who are 1 and 4 in this photo behind Mazzone and Merlino
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: Mob Talk Sitdown 24 1

Post by phatmatress777 »

Pretty good mob talk.....funny Ron previte is the number one or two top rats.....wonder who else he considers to be on that level ...I do have to admit tho previte was a real character...I actually respected that he was always straight up abt turning informant ...money and freedom....no bullshit....sounds like we may finally get a movie abt philly

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

phatmatress777 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:54 pm Pretty good mob talk.....funny Ron previte is the number one or two top rats.....wonder who else he considers to be on that level ...I do have to admit tho previte was a real character...I actually respected that he was always straight up abt turning informant ...money and freedom....no bullshit....sounds like we may finally get a movie abt philly

Agreed. Philly's had some interesting informants. But Caramandi stands out to me as the most genuine, the least embellishing. I'd so love to get that guy on here.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

So when it shows the video of Previte and the agent with Natale and his men, that was him undercover as an associate? Fucking guy looks like a cop lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:11 pm Who are 1 and 4 in this photo behind Mazzone and Merlino
Think 4 is Frank Gambino
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm So when it shows the video of Previte and the agent with Natale and his men, that was him undercover as an associate? Fucking guy looks like a cop lol
Swing and a miss. The guy talking to Previte is Sal Avena, behind him is Aldrich, Stanfa is to the right and Fillipelli is in the back.

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:29 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm So when it shows the video of Previte and the agent with Natale and his men, that was him undercover as an associate? Fucking guy looks like a cop lol
Swing and a miss. The guy talking to Previte is Sal Avena, behind him is Aldrich, Stanfa is to the right and Fillipelli is in the back.

Well there was a resemblance, just the mustache is shorter, still has that cop look about him in that video
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Agreed. Avena looks both like an agent as well as -based on single photos- like you said, mustaches.

And to be fare, Avena made a statement to Stanfa in the early years of his tenure that the FBI interpreted as him asking if he can get his button but it wasn't proven. He's the son of John Avena, Phila boss from 1931-1936.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Mob Talk Sitdown 24 1

Post by phatmatress777 »

Chris Christie wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:54 pm Pretty good mob talk.....funny Ron previte is the number one or two top rats.....wonder who else he considers to be on that level ...I do have to admit tho previte was a real character...I actually respected that he was always straight up abt turning informant ...money and freedom....no bullshit....sounds like we may finally get a movie abt philly

Agreed. Philly's had some interesting informants. But Caramandi stands out to me as the most genuine, the least embellishing. I'd so love to get that guy on here.
Yes...the crow seems to be the most likeable as he doesn't drum himself up to more than just a soilder. He also didn't renounce his decision either. He hated that he turned and he still loved his status and bosses he turned against.

Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

going to get that book Ghost, looks like a good read.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Mukremin wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:26 am going to get that book Ghost, looks like a good read.
Yeah it’s a decent read
cosanostra101
Straightened out

Post by cosanostra101 »

It's so so. The book's cover says he was an Undercover Agent for 30 years but after reading it you see that's not true and he only did about 1/2 that. You do feel bad for him when the FBI tried to arrest him for stealing the heroin which actually was stolen by, wait for it..... another FBI Agent. That's fucked up! So anything is possible in the FBI. Also keep in mind when reading it that the Boston mob was pretty much decimated by the time Previte introduced MacGowan. They had split into two factions and neither one of them recognized one another and NY didn't recognize both.. I guess Previte convince Merlino that Boston was wide open. Luisi was kind of proof of that. A philly made guy operating in Boston territory? Isn't Luisi a born again preacher now after ratting? In that video, once again we hear amazing talent of Edwin Jacobs. MacGowan says it was a boxing match but it was more like he tore a new on on MacGowan on the stand and the Feds couldn't make the case on Joey. He's the best defense attorney around.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Eddie Jacobs = best attorney to ever walk the face of Earth.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:12 am Eddie Jacobs = best attorney to ever walk the face of Earth.
Yeah he is damn good, wasnt he Leonetti's attorney when they beat the charges the first time around?
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

If it wasn't Leonetti it may have been Chucky