Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by scagghiuni »

dixiemafia wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:25 am The latest story seemed to suggest the HA's were in a dispute with Giordano when he was clipped. Could the HA's have killed him?
i don't think so probably the mafia faction against the rizzuto's the hells are allied with the rizzuto's
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The dispute happened in the early 2000's i dont think it had anything to do with him getting clipped.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

Moscone65 wrote:The dispute happened in the early 2000's i dont think it had anything to do with him getting clipped.
The Violis were clipped 30 years before the Rizzutos yet people, especially those in the mob, have long memories and there were signs of revenge.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

scagghiuni wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:15 am
dixiemafia wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:25 am The latest story seemed to suggest the HA's were in a dispute with Giordano when he was clipped. Could the HA's have killed him?
i don't think so probably the mafia faction against the rizzuto's the hells are allied with the rizzuto's
That's what I was thinking
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Lupara wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:24 am
Moscone65 wrote:The dispute happened in the early 2000's i dont think it had anything to do with him getting clipped.
The Violis were clipped 30 years before the Rizzutos yet people, especially those in the mob, have long memories and there were signs of revenge.
That's true, however were talking about the HA here, not Italians vs Italians.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The Arcadi crew has always had problems with HA in the past, but the more recent problems seemed to be from other Italians. Del Balso stuff, ect
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:17 pm The Arcadi crew has always had problems with HA in the past, but the more recent problems seemed to be from other Italians. Del Balso stuff, ect
That is what has me thrown off. Am I mistaken in that the last story or two posted that talked about it hinted that the HA's could have been possible for clipping Giordano? I never even thought about it until reading that story and hence my question.

Here is the link to the story: https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... underworld

And the quote:
While discussing a problem with an aggressive drug dealer, Sollecito tells Woolley that “in 2003 or 2004” he and Vito Rizzuto arranged a meeting between a man named Lorenzo and Michel (Animal) Lajoie-Smith, a longtime Hells Angel.

At the time, the Montreal Mafia apparently began trafficking in drugs in Laval, which for years had been controlled by the Hells Angels — until they were hit by a major police operation in 2001.

“Lorenzo” presumably was a reference to Lorenzo Giordano, a Mafia leader who was killed in Laval in 2016. Sollecito recounts how Lajoie-Smith expected Giordano to pay him a tax on territory the biker gang used to control.

“That was a big problem between Animal and Lorenzo — a big one,” Sollecito recalls.

“I called (Vito) for me to sit down and listen to what was going on. They fixed the problem. Animal was pissed at me,” Sollecito says.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The issue seemed to have been resolved back then, especially since Vito was out, and he was a good negotiator. I mean anything is possible, I just don't see anything that would hint that the HA were still in conflict with Giordano as of the time he was killed. But again, who knows any more.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Le fondateur de Guess Jeans aurait emprunté à la mafia

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2018/11 ... a-la-mafia

The founder of Guess Jeans allegedly borrowed from the mafia
The RCMP allegedly heard him parley with Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito

BY HUGO JONCAS
Thursday, November 8, 2018 01:00

The adopted Montrealer Georges Marciano, founder of Guess Jeans, would have turned to two leaders of the mafia to borrow $ 325,000, learned our Bureau of Investigation.

This is what is revealed by the police filings of Operation Magot against organized crime, which can now be made public.

It is difficult to know if the ex-collector of works of art, beautiful cars and jewels has paid off all his debts to Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito, leaders of the Italian underworld.

In August 2015, however, the two men were impatient, according to a conversation that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) intercepted in the lobby of the Hotel Montreal, the luxury hotel of Georges Marciano, where the businessman has hung from many works of great masters like Andy Warhol and Joan Miró, in Old Montreal.

"Stefano [Sollecito] wants to be paid and George [Marciano] says he has deposited a check in Leonardo [Rizzuto] 's account of about $ 325,000, in an account in the name of a company," he says. affidavit of a police officer produced to obtain wiretap warrants.

Incorrect numbers

Sollecito responds that these "numbers are incorrect". Then Rizzuto says "he meets people at the office in Loris," referring to the lawyer Loris Cavaliere, arrested at the same time as the two men as part of Operation Magot, in November 2015.

The documents do not say whether they have settled their financial dispute, but a judge addresses this loan in its 2016 decision on the release of the two Mafiosi.

He mentions that the investigator on file "acknowledges that the transaction between Leonardo Rizzuto and the businessman Marciano can not be qualified as a criminal transaction and that it appears legal", without giving details.

At that time, the former tycoon of faded jeans was coming out of a long conflict with American creditors. In 2013, former employees managed to seize his Montreal assets for US $ 86 million in debt after he was found guilty of defamation and "serious mental suffering".

The founder of Guess Jeans did not want to explain his loan to Rizzuto and Sollecito.

"Mr. Marciano has no comments to make," said one of his lawyers contacted by our Investigation Bureau, Quentin Leclercq.

His former employee, Donato Trafficante, who was also present at this meeting with Rizzuto and Sollecito, according to the police document, assures that he keeps no memory of it.

"I never heard of money he borrowed from them," he says. Mr. Marciano has nothing to do with them. "

Georges Marciano and Donato Trafficante have never been charged in connection with Operation Magot, which resulted in the conviction of King Gregory Woolley to eight years in prison for cocaine trafficking.

WHO IS GEORGES MARCIANO?
► 1947
Birth in Algeria. He is growing up in France.

► 1981
He left Marseille to settle in Los Angeles, where he founded Guess Jeans with his brothers.

► 1993
He sells them his shares for US $ 240 million.

► 2007
He sued US $ 400 million and filed criminal complaints against former employees who he accuses of stealing. He loses.

► 2007 to 2009
He buys more than $ 80 million worth of buildings in Quebec, especially in Old Montreal.

► 2009
His employees are getting defamation and "severe moral suffering" judgments against him, totaling more than US $ 260 million. They will then be reduced to US $ 86 million. Marciano transfers most of his fortune to Montreal.

► 2012 to 2015
He resells most of his Montreal buildings at a loss.

► 2013
A judgment of the Superior Court of Quebec confirms the seizure of its assets to guarantee the payment of its American creditors.

- more than $ 80 million in historic buildings in Old Montreal;
- a US $ 25 million diamond;
- US $ 35 million in works of art by great masters, such as Warhol, Miró and Botero;
- US $ 9 million in jewelry, watches and cars, including ten Ferrari and two Rolls-Royce.

► August 2015
Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito are worried about at least $ 325,000 that they lent to Georges Marciano, according to a document from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police filed in court.

► November 2015
The two men are arrested as part of Operation Magot targeting organized crime.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:12 pm How will this book be different than his other book about the Montreal mob war that basically seems to cover the same period? It seems like this will be more or less an update.
Until I get the recently published book in the mail, I won't know in which ways it differs from Cellule 8002 vs mafia, which was published in April 2016 and even covers Lorenzo Giordano's March 1, 2016 murder on March 1 of that years (but was published before Rocco Sollecito's murder). However, I'll try to answer your question by guessing.

The new book's title seems to denote, rather than merely connote, that the contents are about Rizzuto's downfall. The book ostensibly covers events up till his death in December 2013; in addition, Renaud and his collaborator on the book, retired RCMP Officer Lorie McDougall, apparently speculate--or maybe just Renaud does--who may be able to replace Rizzuto. (McDougall's LinkedIn profile will be found at https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorie-mcdougall-06a15865/.)

I made a mistake by not ordering Renaud's 2016 book till last year. I learned my lesson. When the book about Jos Di Maulo's daughter came out in January of this year, I ordered right away. Any of these books that cover past events and relationships between one or more individuals, whether criminals or not, go a long way in clearing up the theories that I, as well as other posters on organized-crime forums, posit on these boards without having all the available intelligence, information, and actual facts. Till these books and newer articles get published, we merely have prima facie "proof" that later gets rebutted by these books and articles. Good examples of older information being rectified--even contradicted--are the newer articles coming out now, as a result of the recent lifting of a publication ban, about the Project Magot investigation in 2015.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

March 1, 2016 murder *(but was published before Rocco Sollecito's murder).
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

If you’ve been following the thread at the link below

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3952

you’ll see I posted there a bit earlier about receiving Daniel Renaud’s newest book today.

Do posters want me to start a new thread here in the main forum so as to discuss the book? If any moderators are reading, I’d especially like their guidance. Thanks.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:Do posters want me to start a new thread here in the main forum so as to discuss the book?
For what it's worth, you have my permission. [emoji2]

willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Lupara wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:53 am
antimafia wrote:Do posters want me to start a new thread here in the main forum so as to discuss the book?
For what it's worth, you have my permission. [emoji2]
Absolutely AM it deserves it's own thread.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Ce que Vito Rizzuto aurait dit s'il avait témoigné

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/1c4e6f1 ... C___0.html