A reputed mobster shot dead in a McDonalds Drive-thru

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Arrest in Zotolla Hit at the McDonald's Drive-thru

Post by Moscone65 »

NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:51 pm I dunno - I believe you can shit on any of the 5 families if you want to. I look at Alite- Gravano - Franseze- all walking around without a care in the world. it's a different world today from the 50's thru the late 80's with the mob. Guys like the Chin who wanted revenge for unauthorized hits are old school types and the younger punks in the life are more concerned about where they are going to get their next oxycotin fix.
True, but this isn't just an honor thing. If Zottola was still on record and kicking up, then those people would now lost a stream of their income. It almost always comes down to the money, and these guys don't screw around when it comes to money.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:51 pm I dunno - I believe you can shit on any of the 5 families if you want to. I look at Alite- Gravano - Franseze- all walking around without a care in the world. it's a different world today from the 50's thru the late 80's with the mob. Guys like the Chin who wanted revenge for unauthorized hits are old school types and the younger punks in the life are more concerned about where they are going to get their next oxycotin fix.
Well why risk your current situation by killing some old informants ? But when it comes to their pocket and their own rackets , i think they are going to defend it no matter what.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

sdeitche wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:53 pm So its obvious the cooperating witness came on board a while ago and that the feds had Sheldon under video and audio surveillance. Which begs the question did they know about the hit and did they warn Zottola?
This Sheldon guy is going to flip imo
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Strax wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 pm
Well why risk your current situation by killing some old informants ? But when it comes to their pocket and their own rackets , i think they are going to defend it no matter what.

Exactly. Plus we gotta remember the mid 200's situation where a bunch of Albanians were gonna get clipped, but the FBI arrested them before the hits went down. That wasn't all that long ago, if anything I'd say the family's are doing better now than they were then.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:02 pm
Strax wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Exactly. Plus we gotta remember the mid 2000's situation where a bunch of Albanians were gonna get clipped, but the FBI arrested them before the hits went down. That wasn't all that long ago, if anything I'd say the family's are doing better now than they were then.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

So we have the black hit man arrested and law enforcement theorizing he was hired by Albanians in a move to take over video poker routes.

Surprising, if indeed there is no LCN connection, though more plausible (comparatively speaking) than the drug angle, given Zatolla's history.

If the Albanian angle does end up being correct, that would still be surprising because the Rudaj thing was very much the exception to the rule. Generally speaking, the Albanians co-exist or, in some cases, work for the LCN.
NYNighthawk wrote:I dunno - I believe you can shit on any of the 5 families if you want to. I look at Alite- Gravano - Franseze- all walking around without a care in the world. it's a different world today from the 50's thru the late 80's with the mob. Guys like the Chin who wanted revenge for unauthorized hits are old school types and the younger punks in the life are more concerned about where they are going to get their next oxycotin fix.
Can't agree with that. While the NY families aren't the power or have the dominance they once did, the rarity of conflict with other groups alone shows they can't just be pushed around. As Capeci said, like other groups before them, the Albanians are not serious competition for the LCN. There's nowhere enough of them.
All roads lead to New York.
Vknicks
Associate

Post by Vknicks »

Newspapers using sensationalism like always playing up the loan sharking past bc Mafia sells news papers and gets clicks while another drug dealer in the bronx who cares
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

There are more Albanians than will ever be known about ! There's guys on the street (ALBANIANS) That make Rudaj look like a Saint !! And, they definitely don't work for LCN
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Vknicks wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm Newspapers using sensationalism like always playing up the loan sharking past bc Mafia sells news papers and gets clicks while another drug dealer in the bronx who cares

Agree.

I think Zottola’s whole LCN connection is a in most people’s minds. His LCN references are as an associate of Basciano twenty years ago.

People and the media saw an LCN thread and jumped on it. If it’s the Albanians then it’s likely Zottola had zero current affiliation with either the Luke’s or the B’s to do this.

If he’s a current LCN, L or B associate, then you therefore must believe then that neither the Luke’s or the B’s have the power to respond to the Albanians to defend Zottola over the past months of attacks or it’s the likely scenario B: he’s not on record, or an associate, and operated independently of LCN.

If the Albanian angle is true then the ‘LCN angle’ is looking more and more unlikely.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm If the Albanian angle is true then the ‘LCN angle’ is looking more and more unlikely.
Then fucking gloat about being right. You've earned it!!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Ivan wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:42 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm If the Albanian angle is true then the ‘LCN angle’ is looking more and more unlikely.
It’s still EARLY.
Who knows, tomorrow the Albanian theory could be up to shit and ‘sources’ may be chirping another angle.

With one of Boyz to Men already singing, at least we’ll find out in time.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:52 pm
It’s still EARLY.
Who knows, tomorrow the Albanian theory could be up to shit and ‘sources’ may be chirping another angle.

I was kidding
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Ivan wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:52 pm
It’s still EARLY.

I was kidding
I know ;)
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

So they found 45,000...probably paid him 50 for the hit

Interesting it wasnt the mob and he had no protection...was he not kicking up?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm
Vknicks wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm Newspapers using sensationalism like always playing up the loan sharking past bc Mafia sells news papers and gets clicks while another drug dealer in the bronx who cares
He would have at the very least been paying tribute to the luchesses or bonnanos if he was still having some action on the street such as gambling. If another LCN family or gang such as the Albanians attempted to shake him down it would have triggered a sit down or someone getting clipped but its 2018 I don't know how much muscle they still have

Agree.

I think Zottola’s whole LCN connection is a in most people’s minds. His LCN references are as an associate of Basciano twenty years ago.

People and the media saw an LCN thread and jumped on it. If it’s the Albanians then it’s likely Zottola had zero current affiliation with either the Luke’s or the B’s to do this.

If he’s a current LCN, L or B associate, then you therefore must believe then that neither the Luke’s or the B’s have the power to respond to the Albanians to defend Zottola over the past months of attacks or it’s the likely scenario B: he’s not on record, or an associate, and operated independently of LCN.

If the Albanian angle is true then the ‘LCN angle’ is looking more and more unlikely.