A reputed mobster shot dead in a McDonalds Drive-thru

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: A reputed mobster shot dead in McDonalds drove thru

Post by johnny_scootch »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:37 am I guess well get the story when this genius hitman is located through the video surveillance of a busy area in the middle of the day and he rats out his superiors

:lol:
The scenario isn't as stupid as it seems. The killer had his car waiting on Clay Ave which runs along the back of the McDonalds. It has a park on right side and the back of the McDonalds on the left. The McDonalds itself sits several feet below Clay Ave so the guy had to hop the fence and go down a bit of a hill to approach the car as it waited on the drive thru line. That block of Clay Ave isn't anywhere close to as busy as Webster Ave itself. I'm not saying the killer couldn't have gotten pick up on cameras in back of the McDonalds itself but the approach isn't as stupid as it seems on the surface.
Go into google maps and put in Clay Ave and Belmont St to see what I mean you can use the street view to put yourself right there.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:34 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:37 am I guess well get the story when this genius hitman is located through the video surveillance of a busy area in the middle of the day and he rats out his superiors

The scenario isn't as stupid as it seems. The killer had his car waiting on Clay Ave which runs along the back of the McDonalds. It has a park on right side and the back of the McDonalds on the left. The McDonalds itself sits several feet below Clay Ave so the guy had to hop the fence and go down a bit of a hill to approach the car as it waited on the drive thru line. That block of Clay Ave isn't anywhere close to as busy as Webster Ave itself. I'm not saying the killer couldn't have gotten pick up on cameras in back of the McDonalds itself but the approach isn't as stupid as it seems on the surface.
Go into google maps and put in Clay Ave and Belmont St to see what I mean you can use the street view to put yourself right there.
I dont care where the fuck it is, to run up on someone in a drive through with cars and people everywhere in the middle of the day is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life lmao Fuck google maps that shit is silly as hell for a hit.

You seriously sound odd trying to justify this stupid hit. This guy will be caught, and if he does not it is pure dumb luck.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:17 pm

I dont care where the fuck it is, to run up on someone in a drive through with cars and people everywhere in the middle of the day is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life lmao Fuck google maps that shit is silly as hell for a hit.

You seriously sound odd trying to justify this stupid hit. This guy will be caught, and if he does not it is pure dumb luck.
I wasn't trying to justify anything just trying to show whoever might want to know more the approach isn't as crazy as it seems on the surface. If you cared to look you'd see the way it went down there weren't cars and people everywhere.
Mob guys have done hits in packed restaurants and busy Manhattan streets full of people so this one imo doesn't rate as high on the stupidity list as some of the ones we've seen in the past. No need for hostility either its a peaceful discussion.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 pm Incidentally, the GBB braintrust is theorizing the Zottolas ripped off non-LCN drug dealers and this was retaliation.
Just baseless speculation.
The shooter was black so was the shooter for the son. Maybe that is why they are saying this? No one really nows apparently. Including LE because the shooter(s) were able to stay on the street and continue to stalk both father and son.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Rocco wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:09 am
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 pm Incidentally, the GBB braintrust is theorizing the Zottolas ripped off non-LCN drug dealers and this was retaliation.
The shooter was black so was the shooter for the son. Maybe that is why they are saying this? No one really nows apparently. Including LE because the shooter(s) were able to stay on the street and continue to stalk both father and son.
As I said, I suppose that scenario is possible. However, given Zattola's history, as well as how rare it is for this kind of conflict between the LCN and outside groups compared to internal mob violence, and recent examples of blacks being used to carry out hits, the more likely scenario is it's an LCN thing. If it turned out to be something like a drug beef with black dealers or whatever, that would be a surprise and against the odds.
All roads lead to New York.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 am
As I said, I suppose that scenario is possible. However, given Zattola's history, as well as how rare it is for this kind of conflict between the LCN and outside groups compared to internal mob violence, and recent examples of blacks being used to carry out hits, the more likely scenario is it's an LCN thing. If it turned out to be something like a drug beef with black dealers or whatever, that would be a surprise and against the odds.
I would be surprised as well. Blacks have always been used going back to Joe Colombo hit. What I meant is that's who they came up with outside drug theory. One article says their Video Joker Biz was being slowed by competition from Eastern European OC as well. All just theories with no hard facts. If I had to guess? Maybe his closeness to Vinny Basciano was a liability for him now that Mancuso is boss possibly. After all Vinny wanted to whack Mancuso at one point. That or the usual its about $$$ that maybe they didn't want to give up. Who knows. If Mancuso wanted to get revenge on Vinny hes got Vinny's sons on the street to fuck with if he wanted to. Who knows. But I don't think its drugs. I think its probably due to Money they didn't want to part with or their Video Poker Biz. There is a long history in LCN with people that run businesses that LCN uses . When the person protecting that business is killed or goes away for a longtime....other LCN crews come after it. And that is what I suspect is happening here. But then again Vinny has been gone a very long time. now. who knows
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

This whole scenario reminds me of that Sopranos scene where Christopher used a couple dumb blacks to do a hit which was real brazen and then when they came to collect the rest of the money, Christopher had two of his guys shoot the blacks in the head and then he took back the money. Maybe the shooter is already dead. :lol:
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Confederate wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:28 pm

This whole scenario reminds me of that Sopranos scene where Christopher used a couple dumb blacks to do a hit which was real brazen and then when they came to collect the rest of the money, Christopher had two of his guys shoot the blacks in the head and then he took back the money. Maybe the shooter is already dead. :lol:
Minor little point, but in the Sopranos the guys who were hired didn't actually do the murder. It was called off but Tony didn't want it ever getting out that they were going to do it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Rocco wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:49 am
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 am
I would be surprised as well. Blacks have always been used going back to Joe Colombo hit. What I meant is that's who they came up with outside drug theory. One article says their Video Joker Biz was being slowed by competition from Eastern European OC as well. All just theories with no hard facts. If I had to guess? Maybe his closeness to Vinny Basciano was a liability for him now that Mancuso is boss possibly. After all Vinny wanted to whack Mancuso at one point. That or the usual its about $$$ that maybe they didn't want to give up. Who knows. If Mancuso wanted to get revenge on Vinny hes got Vinny's sons on the street to fuck with if he wanted to. Who knows. But I don't think its drugs. I think its probably due to Money they didn't want to part with or their Video Poker Biz. There is a long history in LCN with people that run businesses that LCN uses . When the person protecting that business is killed or goes away for a longtime....other LCN crews come after it. And that is what I suspect is happening here. But then again Vinny has been gone a very long time. now. who knows
I'm sceptical about the whole Russians and Albanians moving into Zattola's old territory claim. Did the writer of that article actually have specific info about this or, more likely, did they simply take the overhyped notion of these newer groups moving against the LCN and make a vague connection to this situation? While some Albanians, including the Rudaj organization, were involved in video gambling, I can't recall any examples of Russian groups being involved.
All roads lead to New York.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Adam wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:35 pm
Confederate wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Minor little point, but in the Sopranos the guys who were hired didn't actually do the murder. It was called off but Tony didn't want it ever getting out that they were going to do it.
Yes, you're right. It still reminds me of it. Also, the point is that if it was a LCN sponsored hit, the shooter may already be dead because if not, he will most probably be apprehended.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

very hard to believe albanians hire blacks to carry out murders, the only time i've heard they hired outsiders to commit a murder was in albania and the shooter was neapolitan lol in other words eastern europeans, russians or whoever, have nothing to do with that
Vknicks
Associate

Post by Vknicks »

Seeing some friends this weekend who hangout in some of the same circles that this guys son did not making promises but i will see if i can get any new info or at least what ever the newest gossip is lol
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Posters on GBB were saying that the shooter in the son’s attempted hit was black based on the clothes he was wearing. Now with the elder Zattola's murder being black, it’s snowballed into they must be street gangsters so it must be a drug beef so the Zattolas must have ripped off a drug gang and that this was retaliation. Now people are stating it like it’s fact. It’s a theory, but nothing more. Poaters over there start thinking they’re FBI agents.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Teddy Persico wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm
Posters on GBB were saying that the shooter in the son’s attempted hit was black based on the clothes he was wearing. Now with the elder Zattola's murder being black, it’s snowballed into they must be street gangsters so it must be a drug beef so the Zattolas must have ripped off a drug gang and that this was retaliation. Now people are stating it like it’s fact. It’s a theory, but nothing more. Poaters over there start thinking they’re FBI agents.
lol they're not speculating on that board any more than the speculation going on here. Already one person said 'the braintrust over there has decided...' when it was just one person throwing out a theory. enough already. I know I'll get bashed for saying that but it's true.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Teddy Persico wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm
Posters on GBB were saying that the shooter in the son’s attempted hit was black based on the clothes he was wearing. Now with the elder Zattola's murder being black, it’s snowballed into they must be street gangsters so it must be a drug beef so the Zattolas must have ripped off a drug gang and that this was retaliation. Now people are stating it like it’s fact. It’s a theory, but nothing more. Posters over there start thinking they’re FBI agents.
Maybe you should remind them that a black guy shot Joe Colombo and was then killed immediately. The LCN has used those stupid ghetto people in the past on occasion to do some heavy work. Besides getting paid for it, it's a change of pace for them from always killing each other. It looks like it was a LCN hit and they want people to think it was some beef with ghetto people over drugs. Joey Gallo did the same thing over 45 years ago.