Genovese Leadership 1997-Present

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Leadership 1997-Present

Post by Snakes »

Hierarchy could be interpreted as administration or simply a capo. What the author intended, however, is up for speculation.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Exactly!!!!! Friggin reporters gotta make it sound major
I been taught to listen to what's not said
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Is there more public information on the Arillotta induction ceremony? I remember reading about it back when it came out, about him stripping down , wearing a bathrobe, and it being conducted in an empty apartment with Nigro and DeLuca, but this small excerpt makes me wonder if he went through the traditional ceremony, i.e. finger prick, burning paper, etc.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:41 pm Is there more public information on the Arillotta induction ceremony? I remember reading about it back when it came out, about him stripping down , wearing a bathrobe, and it being conducted in an empty apartment with Nigro and DeLuca, but this small excerpt makes me wonder if he went through the traditional ceremony, i.e. finger prick, burning paper, etc.
From there, Arillotta described a scene familiar to mob-movie fans. He said he was led into a room where reputed Genovese mobsters Arthur Nigro and Pasquale “Scop” DeLuca were seated at a table with a gun on it.

After being told by Nigro — a reputed former acting boss of the crime family — that “they were part of the secret society called La Cosa Nostra,” Arillotta eagerly agreed to become a member.

“And he asked me if — if he asked me to commit murder, would I commit murder for him? I said yes,” Arillotta said.

Nigro then pricked Arillotta’s trigger finger with a pin and smeared the blood on a piece of blank paper that he set ablaze in Arillotta’s cupped hands.

“And then he had me repeat after him that I’m never to divulge this meeting ever took place, never to divulge any secrets or cooperate with any law enforcement,” he said.

“If I do, I’m going to burn like this piece of paper.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... ation/amp/
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thanks for the info, so it was typical other than stripping down and having few attendees.