A reputed mobster shot dead in a McDonalds Drive-thru

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Re: A reputed mobster shot dead in McDonalds drove thru

Post by Hailbritain »

Sylvester zottola
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

That McDonalds , especially in that area of the Bronx, is going to have TONS of video cameras. This hit should be fully caught on surveillance cameras.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

That McDonalds , especially in that area of the Bronx, is going to have TONS of video cameras. This hit should be fully caught on surveillance cameras.

+1
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:25 pm @wiseguy

I had to check, there's literally one guy saying that, lol

@Sonny

I find it curious you came to the same drug gang conclusion.... Is it because the shooter appears black? The home invasion/burglary attack? I cant lie, it does seem like a possibility.....

I thought these were gambling guys, are they known drug dealers? ( This is the Bronx, after all, and they were around Basciano...)

I originally had two thoughts...
1. They profited off associating with Basciano, hes out the picture and the new guys in charge of the Bonnanos wanted a bigger slice of whatever this guy had going on....Maybe back taxes, I'm guessing here....

2. Even though this guy was around Basciano, I guess he wa as actually a Luchesse associate? I was wondering if they look at this associate, whose on record with them, make all this money with a rival family ( think the Bronx beef...) has these big ass homes..... maybe some guys wanted to bleed em out...

That was my take, any thoughts?
One poster started it and a couple others latched on to the idea.

Anyway, I'm usually the last to engage in speculation (there's way too much of that on the boards), and I suppose anything is possible, but I don't know where people get the idea this couldn't be LCN. They are certainly more selective with hits nowadays but it's not like it's unheard of. There's a whole list of guys killed or wounded over the past 20 years. And a lot more examples of inter-LCN violence than anything coming from an outside group. Some articles have said Russian and Armenian groups have moved into the territory once held by the Zottolas but that's rather vague. If this was a hit coming from an outside group, especially a drug gang, that would be surprising and against the odds.

Also, I haven't seen anything about the Zattolas being involved in drugs. All I've read is they once supplied video poker machines and are involved in construction.

Link below has news video -

https://abc7ny.com/nypd-reputed-mobster ... u/4414447/
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@wiseguy

pretty much how I see it too....

Video poker, and Consruction...Mob stuff
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:46 am

@Sonny

I find it curious you came to the same drug gang conclusion.... Is it because the shooter appears black? The home invasion/burglary attack? I cant lie, it does seem like a possibility.....

I thought these were gambling guys, are they known drug dealers? ( This is the Bronx, after all, and they were around Basciano...)

1. They profited off associating with Basciano, hes out the picture and the new guys in charge of the Bonnanos wanted a bigger slice of whatever this guy had going on....Maybe back taxes, I'm guessing here....

2. Even though this guy was around Basciano, I guess he wa as actually a Luchesse associate? I was wondering if they look at this associate, whose on record with them, make all this money with a rival family ( think the Bronx beef...) has these big ass homes..... maybe some guys wanted to bleed em out...

Anyway, I'm usually the last to engage in speculation (there's way too much of that on the boards), and I suppose anything is possible, but I don't know where people get the idea this couldn't be LCN. They are certainly more selective with hits nowadays but it's not like it's unheard of. There's a whole list of guys killed or wounded over the past 20 years. And a lot more examples of inter-LCN violence than anything coming from an outside group. Some articles have said Russian and Armenian groups have moved into the territory once held by the Zottolas but that's rather vague. If this was a hit coming from an outside group, especially a drug gang, that would be surprising and against the odds.

Also, I haven't seen anything about the Zattolas being involved in drugs. All I've read is they once supplied video poker machines and are involved in construction.

yup and the Bronx guys have been the active ones. Particularly the Bonnanos.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:46 am

@Sonny

I probably was loose with my wording but personally, I’d be amazed if this was LCN. Mancuso has his left foot in a halfway house after serving over a decade and Cammarano is facing a ton of charges on the street. I think they’d have to be certifiable to order a front page, leave ‘em in the street hit.
Likewise with the Luke’s if he’s one of theirs. Crea, Napoli and Madonna need this attention like the hole in Zottola’s head as well.

So if not them, the ferocity and numerous other attempts would leave drugs as the other likely situation.

So for me, I’d say probably not LCN related, but who the fuck knows. Just an opinion.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

He was supposedly an associate, so maybe the order didn't come from the top, it could be lower level guys just feuding, who knows.
Costigan
Straightened out

Post by Costigan »

From an article already posted: Sylvester Zottola has been shot and killed in the Claremont neighborhood of the Bronx. 71-year-old Zottola has long been suspected of being involved with the Bonanno crime family, and faced at least three separate attacks over the past 12 months.

If it took four attempts to get it done I'm thinking it ain't LCN.Just my two cents worth, but if his mob family wanted him dead I think they would have invited him somewhere for a meal, a sitdown, whatever, then he would never have been seen alive again, or been found weeks later in a car trunk somewhere. But it's the Bonnanos. so who knows?
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Moscone65 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:54 pm He was supposedly an associate, so maybe the order didn't come from the top, it could be lower level guys just feuding, who knows.
If he was on record then the order had to have been ok’d.
Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

In my opinion this has nothing to do with the Bonanno family, because this fella was linked to Basciano 12/13 years ago doesn't mean this has anything to do with them, his recent activity is most likely the reason behind this not something from years ago.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

John W wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm In my opinion this has nothing to do with the Bonanno family, because this fella was linked to Basciano 12/13 years ago doesn't mean this has anything to do with them, his recent activity is most likely the reason behind this not something from years ago.
Agree. But half the news articles are carrying him as a Lucchese associate. So.....not much means much at this stage.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 pm
John W wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm In my opinion this has nothing to do with the Bonanno family, because this fella was linked to Basciano 12/13 years ago doesn't mean this has anything to do with them, his recent activity is most likely the reason behind this not something from years ago.
Agree. But half the news articles are carrying him as a Lucchese associate. So.....not much means much at this stage.
I have not seen one article calling him a Lucchese associate but even if he was I still doubt they would want anything to do with a shooting with the big trial coming up.

One things for sure, the guys learned from their mistakes when trying to hit the son a few months back.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

John W wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:28 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 pm
I have not seen one article calling him a Lucchese associate
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... story.html