A reputed mobster shot dead in a McDonalds Drive-thru

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: A reputed mobster shot dead in McDonalds drove thru

Post by chin_gigante »

Is this the first successful public hit in NYC since Meldish?
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Brazen hit at this day in age reminds me of Montreal. I’m intrigued.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wow.

Considering the heat on the zolottas this is huge.

No way this is LCN based. The B’s or ANY family would be breaking twenty years of ‘quiet’ to do this in light of what’s happened with the zolottas and recent press (and be certifiable).

You have to think drugs, street gangs (blacks) and/or cartels would be the only ones crazy enough to draw this heat willingly (front page)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@wiseguy

I had to check, there's literally one guy saying that, lol

@Sonny

I find it curious you came to the same drug gang conclusion.... Is it because the shooter appears black? The home invasion/burglary attack? I cant lie, it does seem like a possibility.....

I thought these were gambling guys, are they known drug dealers? ( This is the Bronx, after all, and they were around Basciano...)

I originally had two thoughts...
1. They profited off associating with Basciano, hes out the picture and the new guys in charge of the Bonnanos wanted a bigger slice of whatever this guy had going on....Maybe back taxes, I'm guessing here....

2. Even though this guy was around Basciano, I guess he wa as actually a Luchesse associate? I was wondering if they look at this associate, whose on record with them, make all this money with a rival family ( think the Bronx beef...) has these big ass homes..... maybe some guys wanted to bleed em out...

That was my take, any thoughts?
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

A few thoughts:

Obviously, someone was tracking this guy's moves. The fact he lived in East Bronx Throgs Neck but was shot on Webster Ave. makes me think someone knew he'd be in the Belmont area at the right place at the right time. That, to me, suggests LCN. Of course, there's always the possibility that he was tailed all the way from Throgs Neck. But I have to imagine this was orchestrated by someone who knew he'd be in that neighborhood.

Also, the NYPD/FBI must have not been following this guy too much. Or else, an agent would have been an eyewitness to the shooting, or it would have been called off by the shooters when it was clear he had a tail.

All of this is speculation, but I wouldn't dismiss the idea that this was some rogue crew of drug dealers.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I thought the same originally..... Throggs Neck....mob stronghold...I figured someone fingered this guy to the shooters....

I dont know the Bronx, a NY guy would have to weigh in...... would a black guy be familiar-comfortable enough with Throggs Neck to set up on this guy, and not be noticed?

Also, really good point on the FEDs, they should a warned him, but then again, they kinda did..so......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This reminded me a little of that guy, what was his name? Tomasulo?
His dad had all the poker machines, and Vitale wacked the guy. And the son who was a made man, raised a stink, and got killed.

If they would do that to a made guy, an associate wouldn't really stand a chance with no rabbi, right?
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:54 am I thought the same originally..... Throggs Neck....mob stronghold...I figured someone fingered this guy to the shooters....

I dont know the Bronx, a NY guy would have to weigh in...... would a black guy be familiar-comfortable enough with Throggs Neck to set up on this guy, and not be noticed?

Also, really good point on the FEDs, they should a warned him, but then again, they kinda did..so......
I'm not sure I understand your question. I've lived in Throgs Neck and nearby areas. No one should be/is "familiar" or "comfortable" with setting someone up for murder -- whether they are black, white, or purple. Especially something like this, where the guy has been in the news and at some point has definitely had police drive by or watch his home. There aren't a whole lot of places to lie in wait around here. Houses are close together, driveways are open and small, and it's rare a home DOESNT have a camera. If you're asking if black people can drive through or walk around throgs neck, then the answer is yes. This is 2018. There are plenty of people other than whites/italians in Throgs Neck, especially along the businesses lining Tremont Ave.

My question is how someone would have known he's along Webster Avenue at that time. It would be awfully tough to keep up with a car all the way from Throgs Neck to West Bronx without being noticed. You'd either have to get lucky, or work awfully damn hard to keep up at every light, on-ramp, double-parked car or delivery truck that's slowing down traffic, etc.

If I had to venture a guess, this guy met with someone in that area, which has known LCN activity nearby in Belmont / Arthur Ave. t if he met with someone near Webster Ave, there could then be a tail dispatched from that general area to the McDonald's. Of course, there's always the possibility he was set to meet at that McDonald's with someone at that time, too, which could mean it was just a random drug crew. But would he schedule to meet with someone like that given the recent attempts? I'm just saying, if it was someone outside LCN, who only knew where he lived, I don't think they'd tail him all the way to Webster Ave before getting the shots off. But I also could see why you wouldn't do this near his home with all the recent activity, so maybe I'm totally wrong. This is all speculation and I don't claim to be in the know. It just seems like it was set up after some type of meeting in that area. This guy didn't randomly venture from his house to a McDonald's on Webster Ave. for a cup of coffee. There'd be about 2,000 places to stop in between the two areas. He was in that area for a reason prior. I'd imagine he was meeting or just met with someone he trusted.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

lol, I'm convinced you guys just like to argue....

I just asked the same thing you said, Is it hard to set up on someone, in that nabe, and not be noticed.... I did mention I'm not familiar with the Bronx, why I asked.... I was thinking Throggs Neck was something like Todt Hill..... My mistake...

You are right on the ethnic thing, I guess these guys on the board are getting to me, lol, like I gotta beat em to the punch... Last time this thread came up, you had people swearing the Commision was ready to send a crew to hit this lone black guy, lol

Now you lost me on the comment no one should be comfortable with murder... I get you, but are we CV talking gang as terse or civilians? My cousin shot out one of his lieutenants eyes JUST FUCKIN AROUND, lol...( Not really funny, but still..)

This looks like a HIGH-END nabe.... it's why I asked if a black gangbanger would stand out just sitting in a car, not some regular guy walking down the street.... It seemed to me like someone would furnish the hitters with the proper info.... It was a rebuke to the drug deal theory, but whatever.....

This is if you subscribe to the drug deal theory. Looks like a mob hit to me....
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I see a lotta people already jumpin to the conclusion that this shooting was non-lcn related. Wait it out for a while til more info comes out. Cant wait to hear Jerry Capeci’s say on this. And btw, just cuz the gunman in the zottola jr hit was black, that doesnt mean that the shooting was automatically not from lcn. Terry caldwell is black and whacked mike meldish on behalf of the Luccheses back in 2013. And the mob has been known to hire non-italian street gangs to commit extreme violence. So these shootings could very well likely be commin from one of the familes.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:07 am lol, I'm convinced you guys just like to argue....

I just asked the same thing you said, Is it hard to set up on someone, in that nabe, and not be noticed.... I did mention I'm not familiar with the Bronx, why I asked.... I was thinking Throggs Neck was something like Todt Hill..... My mistake...

You are right on the ethnic thing, I guess these guys on the board are getting to me, lol, like I gotta beat em to the punch... Last time this thread came up, you had people swearing the Commision was ready to send a crew to hit this lone black guy, lol

Now you lost me on the comment no one should be comfortable with murder... I get you, but are we CV talking gang as terse or civilians? My cousin shot out one of his lieutenants eyes JUST FUCKIN AROUND, lol...( Not really funny, but still..)

This looks like a HIGH-END nabe.... it's why I asked if a black gangbanger would stand out just sitting in a car, not some regular guy walking down the street.... It seemed to me like someone would furnish the hitters with the proper info.... It was a rebuke to the drug deal theory, but whatever.....

This is if you subscribe to the drug deal theory. Looks like a mob hit to me....

I guess my answer would be a black guy taking up a parking spot just sitting in a car near a connected guy's house would set off the alarms the same way a white guy would. Not sure if that helps. Not here to argue. In fact, I'm not sure if I'm even answering your questions correctly, but feel free to ask. Throgs Neck is much different than Todt Hill. Lots of space in between houses there. Small forest-like areas are often found. Throgs Neck is much more densely populated and working class. Some houses touch together, the most spacious might have room for a car in between. A few trees on the sidewalk, but nothing like todt hill.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

No my man, you are cool. We are basically on the same page... saying the same things along the same thoughts... I kinda asked the question in a mangled form of English, lol
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 pm Wow.

Considering the heat on the zolottas this is huge.

No way this is LCN based. The B’s or ANY family would be breaking twenty years of ‘quiet’ to do this in light of what’s happened with the zolottas and recent press (and be certifiable).

You have to think drugs, street gangs (blacks) and/or cartels would be the only ones crazy enough to draw this heat willingly (front page)
Not sure how you come up with that, looks very much LCN, 20 years of quiet? People thought the likes of Crea was super lowkey and non violent, yet it came out he tried to kill a few people and was actually quite reckless.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Ahh, okay I got you. I had to get it from an NY guy.
Those houses had me thinking it was a SUPER rich neighborhood, like suburban. Which led me to question if an obvious, noticable car was there for extended periods of time, ( like long enough to record this guys daily patterns..) why didnt the guys set off ( Figuratively speaking) alarm bells.

I was thinking about the recent Musitano hit, how he was under surveillance from the hit team for months....And these guys were targeted basically all year long.... the home invasion seems weird, like they were looking for something as specific? I'm reaching here....

Westchester, that's the Bronx burbs right?
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Also, the NYPD/FBI must have not been following this guy too much. Or else, an agent would have been an eyewitness to the shooting, or it would have been called off by the shooters when it was clear he had a tail.
+1 = someone dropped the ball between the NYPD/FBi and some heads might roll on this. He should have been tailed by law enforcement with everything that has happened with this family recently. Also the video cameras around the McDonald's will pick up everything. I'm going with the mob hit theory and that it was farmed out to a black semi-gang.
Now does anyone have the details of the wake and what Church will be used for the funeral? And that Jr. could be popped at the services?