Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 pmThe Buffalo mob isn’t dead, despite some media reports.
Any evidence to support that?

This flies in direct contrast to Law enforcement, common consensus and basic logic from anyone who's monitored Buffalo activity in the last two decades.

Saying something doesn't make it true.

And until he decides to back up his statement with some corroboration, I wont be completely reversing my perspective on an unsubstantiated statement.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:47 pm
NickleCity wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 pmThe Buffalo mob isn’t dead, despite some media reports.

This flies in direct contrast to Law enforcement, common consensus and basic logic from anyone who's monitored Buffalo activity in the last two decades.

And until he decides to back up his statement with some corroboration, I wont be completely reversing my perspective on an unsubstantiated statement.
In his article he names Paul Manning as one of his sources. Manning is quoted as saying something like: quoted as saying “Buffalo will always have a say North of the border.”

According to another article by Edwards, Manning had infiltrated the candian crime families for several years in an undercover operation called project scopa that went south around 2006. This is conjecture on my part, but Manning must have had a reason to say what he did. Likely that reason is Buffalo was strong enough at that point (2006) to be able to have a say “up north.” He was definitely in a position to know at that time. And evidently Buffalo was strong enough that he continues to think they are strong enough to have a say on the Mob War going on now and so strong he can’t imagine they will not continue to have have something to say “up north” well into the future.

Here is the link to the Edwards article on Manning: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... force.html
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

NickleCity wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:15 pm

In his article he names Paul Manning as one of his sources. Manning is quoted as saying something like: quoted as saying “Buffalo will always have a say North of the border.”

According to another article by Edwards, Manning had infiltrated the candian crime families for several years in an undercover operation called project scopa that went south around 2006. This is conjecture on my part, but Manning must have had a reason to say what he did. Likely that reason is Buffalo was strong enough at that point (2006) to be able to have a say “up north.” He was definitely in a position to know at that time. And evidently Buffalo was strong enough that he continues to think they are strong enough to have a say on the Mob War going on now and so strong he can’t imagine they will not continue to have have something to say “up north” well into the future.

Here is the link to the Edwards article on Manning: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... force.html
Aside from questioning Mannings involvement with the mafia and evidence to that, IF he did, what possible insight could a non-Italian, non-made, new, shortlived associate of some faction of OC know about the workings of an Italian crime family in another city in another country?

Im guessing the information he was privvy to in this capacity about the workings of the Buffalo family wouldve been limited, at best.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:32 pm
NickleCity wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Aside from questioning Mannings involvement with the mafia and evidence to that, IF he did, what possible insight could a non-Italian, non-made, new, shortlived associate of some faction of OC know about the workings of an Italian crime family in another city in another country?

Im guessing the information he was privvy to in this capacity about the workings of the Buffalo family wouldve been limited, at best.
I wonder if antimafia can speak to your questioning of Paul Manning’s infiltration of the mob in Hamilton. I just remembered seeing him quote and share a twitter exchange between Dubro and Manning and DM he had with Manning regarding Musitano hit. Maybe he can give you some insight to Manning’s believability in this matter.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:25 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:41 pm
All except the Buffalo BS.
Sonny why do you call bullshit?

They are quoting an undercover officer who worked Hamilton organized crime and Peter Edwards is a respectable journalist.
If it was bullshit it would mean both of them are blatantly lying in this article.

To me it's just further proof that whatever the state of the Buffalo family may be one thing it isn't is dead.
Im not saying they're lying.

First we had Lavarone was an associate of those that hit the Musitanos. Now we have information he's apparently associated WITH the Musitano's.

To say that there is misinformation, a lack of understanding or clarity or even outright ignorance, is clearly, an understatement. So pointing fingers at 'Buffalo', in my opinion, at this stage of the game, with this understanding of the facts, is a mistake.
He can be linked to the Musitanos and still being involved in the hit on Angelo and subsequently targeted in revenge. The Luppinos and Musitanos are also associated with each other.

Montagna, Di Maulo, Desjardins and even De Vito were also associates of Rizzuto. People attend their enemies' weddings.

Not to forget this Lavarone was an employee of a Luppino-linked company.

Basically most people in the Mafia, are in one form or another associates.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Super interesting stuff.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Whose bringing in the ghost shooters? And by island via Montreal, they mean, what? Sicily?

We might have to go back in time a bit...... so this would mean Buffalo did or didnt give the ok on Papalia?

( That's a question that might derail the thread, feel free to not answer it , I'm just thinking while typing...)
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, is that Barbari, or Barbaro? Barbaro is a huge clan...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I hate to bring it up, but this brings me back to the Violis now.......and the Luppinos....

I nominate all the ace chart makers to make some sense of all this, lol!
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 am Whose bringing in the ghost shooters? And by island via Montreal, they mean, what? Sicily?

We might have to go back in time a bit...... so this would mean Buffalo did or didnt give the ok on Papalia?

( That's a question that might derail the thread, feel free to not answer it , I'm just thinking while typing...)
I’ve read posters who have indicated Buffalo gave OK for Pops hot...Thought it sounded crazy... but now with what Edwards is saying who knows.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm
Im not saying they're lying.

You kinda are. You said it was bullshit did you not? Unless there is some other meaning of the word?

You're being cautious but if you think you or anyone else on this forum is in a better position to understand whats going on up there than Peter Edwards or the former UC officer who infiltrated their orbit you're mistaken.

We know for a 100% fact that there are active Buffalo members from that last case up there and now we have this. I'm not saying they are a huge powerful group all I'm saying is they aren't dead. It seems like you're denying that fact.

Wiseguy not here backing you up either, curious.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

No, I kinda ain’t.

I’m saying I think their statements are bullshit, not whether they’re lying. Lying would mean they know it’s bullshit and are deliberately being misleading.
They could simply be unaware, have false information or be assuming.

The dispute is whether there’s still a functional organization in Buffalo as opposed to several remaining members still partially active. If there is no organization then Buffalo isn’t exercising any control or providing authorization, like claimed.

I’m saying there’s zero evidence that an organization exists which renders control and acquiescence moot.

Happy to change my mind should evidence to the contrary surface.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:47 am No, I kinda ain’t.

I’m saying I think their statements are bullshit, not whether they’re lying. Lying would mean they know it’s bullshit and are deliberately being misleading.
They could simply be unaware, have false information or be assuming.

The dispute is whether there’s still a functional organization in Buffalo as opposed to several remaining members still partially active. If there is no organization then Buffalo isn’t exercising any control or providing authorization, like claimed.

I’m saying there’s zero evidence that an organization exists which renders control and acquiescence moot.

My Guess is the Bonanno's are probably the ones with their hands in this given their relationship with the Rizzuto's and the Rizzuto's influence in Hamilton.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The only place the Buffalo family exists is on the Internet.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:47 am
Sonny I understand your position and I respect the fact you're keeping an open mind. We will see how things end up hopefully more evidence comes out and clears things up for us.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:02 am The only place the Buffalo family exists is on the Internet.
Pogo
Say wiseguys name once and his girlfriend appears!