Another Pittsburgh Video Poker Bust-Porky is Singing

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Another Pittsburgh Video Poker Bust-Porky is Singing

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Re: Another Pittsburgh Video Poker Bust-Porky is Singing

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Good story. thanks. One question:
why would it take 30+ years to bring
charges? The cops had to know the machines
were there. Hell, the cops probably played one
of the machines at a local bar. Fishy...
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 am
Good question. The White Oak neighborhood of Pittsburgh is pretty affluent. Capo Antonio "Tony" Ripepi lived there for 50 years, his vending machine company wasn't too far from where he lived. My best guess would be that the operation was protected by cops/judges/councilmen. John Bazzano Jr ran that area from the 1980's to the early 2000's. Sounds like Porky has an axe to grind with his former employer.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I believe that Henry had an interest in a vending machine business in that neck of the woods.
I also believe that one of our members worked for Henry in that business.
Do you know what was the name of that business? I'll try and reach out for whom I spoke with before about this.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:37 am I believe that Henry had an interest in a vending machine business in that neck of the woods.
Do you know what was the name of that business? I'll try and reach out for whom I spoke with before about this.
It was something like J & Z Vending (Jo Jo and Zottola). Ripepi owned Keystone Music Co. It was the largest vending company (legitimate) in all of Pennsylvania. He was a multi millionaire with his vending business alone...not including any gambling rackets he owned.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Another Pittsburgh Video Poker Bust-Porky is Singing

Post by phatmatress777 »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:
Those illegal machines are all over western pa...from dives and honky tonks...to college campuses. Its almost accepted. You win tickets out of the machines and the establishment pays a percentage of your winnings.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Another Pittsburgh Video Poker Bust-Porky is Singing

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

phatmatress777 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:10 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:
Those illegal machines are all over western pa...from dives and honky tonks...to college campuses. Its almost accepted. You win tickets out of the machines and the establishment pays a percentage of your winnings.

IMO, they should be legal. That aside, it is fucked up how the cops
pick and choose who and when they are going to clamp down on the
people who place the machines. It sounds like JC was correct when he said
Porky ratted out the family in this case because he was disgruntled.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:31 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:37 am I believe that Henry had an interest in a vending machine business in that neck of the woods.
It was something like J & Z Vending (Jo Jo and Zottola). Ripepi owned Keystone Music Co. It was the largest vending company (legitimate) in all of Pennsylvania. He was a multi millionaire with his vending business alone...not including any gambling rackets he owned.
That's the one. Jo Jo Tobasco and Zebo. i believe the guy I spoke with was Jo Jo's son. He spoke very highly of Henry :)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Pghcraig10
Prospect

Post by Pghcraig10 »

I just mentioned to my uncle that Porky was ratting. My uncle and cousins were very good friends Jo Jo and the guys down in the Hayes section of Pittsburgh very well. They still hang out at Spookies down there.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Another Pittsburgh Video Poker Bust-Porky is Singing

Post by phatmatress777 »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:10 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:

IMO, they should be legal. That aside, it is fucked up how the cops
pick and choose who and when they are going to clamp down on the
people who place the machines. It sounds like JC was correct when he said
Porky ratted out the family in this case because he was disgruntled.
I agree nothing illegal about them imo

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Pghcraig10
Prospect

Post by Pghcraig10 »

Many of the bars and clubs depend on those machines to keep the lights on. I know of a private club that about 2 years ago got busted 2 times in 18 months, had the machines removed and never brought them back and now they are on life support and this was one of the biggest clubs in western pa
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pghcraig10 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:57 pm Many of the bars and clubs depend on those machines to keep the lights on. I know of a private club that about 2 years ago got busted 2 times in 18 months, had the machines removed and never brought them back and now they are on life support and this was one of the biggest clubs in western pa
The same has been happening in Lawrence County and Beaver County. Fucking ridiculous.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Pghcraig10
Prospect

Post by Pghcraig10 »

The only places that seem not to get busted are golf courses and places that dont sell beer or drinks. A lot has to do with disgruntled employees calling the state police after they get fired. There is a convenience store near me that also serves breakfast and lunch and has 3 booths in the place and always occupied by cops eating lunch. Everytime I stop in or drive by there is 15 cars in parking lot and 4 people in the store. The basement is filled with machines. Most local cops dont care about these machines its the state police that have to respond to calls and or complaints about them
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pghcraig10 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:47 pm I just mentioned to my uncle that Porky was ratting. My uncle and cousins were very good friends Jo Jo and the guys down in the Hayes section of Pittsburgh very well. They still hang out at Spookies down there.
Ironic how Kirk Mollica (Primo’s son) and Rodney Iannelli (Bobby I’s kid we’re part of “Operation Pork Chop.” I recently heard Bobby I’s health is going down hill. He’s in his mid 80’s, lived a damn good life with a ton of cash. His money has money ;)

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Pghcraig10
Prospect

Post by Pghcraig10 »

I am not positive but I think I had a few beers with Kirk a few different times. I recognized him when I saw his photo in the Trib when the whole Porky thing was in the paper. Never knew it was him or who he was until I saw then