General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by HairyKnuckles »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:41 am I've read Al D'Arco's book, finished it yesterday. It was okay, the thing that bothers me is that he too tells how the books were opened in '74 and he was passed because Frank Manzo had some issues. What about that? Could all these rats be wrong?
Manzo wasn't a made guy in 1974 so how could he have any objections to D'Arco getting made? Associates doesn't have that pull. How can an associate object to a thing like that if he himself is not made? The books opened in 1976.
There you have it, never printed before.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:28 am
AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:41 am I've read Al D'Arco's book, finished it yesterday. It was okay, the thing that bothers me is that he too tells how the books were opened in '74 and he was passed because Frank Manzo had some issues. What about that? Could all these rats be wrong?
Manzo wasn't a made guy in 1974 so how could he have any objections to D'Arco getting made? Associates doesn't have that pull. How can an associate object to a thing like that if he himself is not made? The books opened in 1976.
Yes HK I get that but known rats all made the same mistake, Fish, D'Arco, Casso etc. Is it a mistake or..?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:14 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:56 am Their tenure has more to do with the low priority LCN receives today from LE than any smarts or talents on the part of Cefalu and Bellomo. Only a fraction of FBI agents and local LE (not to mention money) are devoted to the 5 families today compared to the 80s-2000s. Back then Bellomo and Cefalu went down just like everyone else.

Pogo
25 full time FBI agents dedicated to fighting all Five Mafia families. It's simply abysmal.
Those 25 guys have an army of informants doing a lot of their work.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

That's a good point.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Thanks for clearing that up Hairy! I always assumed Manzo was made before the books were closed if he objected to D'arco being made. I wonder if D'arco just made the story up to justify them not making him.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Confederate wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:17 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:56 am Their tenure has more to do with the low priority LCN receives today from LE than any smarts or talents on the part of Cefalu and Bellomo. Only a fraction of FBI agents and local LE (not to mention money) are devoted to the 5 families today compared to the 80s-2000s. Back then Bellomo and Cefalu went down just like everyone else.

Pogo
25 full time FBI agents dedicated to fighting all Five Mafia families. It's simply abysmal.
The latest info (from 2013) was there were 25-35 agents between the two squads, i.e. the C-5 squad for Genovese, Colombo, and Bonannos and the C-16 squad for the Gambinos and Luccheses. In 2014, 5 agents were reported to be investigating the Luccheses specifically. So it probably fluctuates depending on assignments. But definitely a fraction of what it once was.
All roads lead to New York.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Yes HK I get that but known rats all made the same mistake, Fish, D'Arco, Casso etc. Is it a mistake or..?

A nistake yes.

1976.png
Raven wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:21 pm
Thanks for clearing that up Hairy! I always assumed Manzo was made before the books were closed if he objected to D'arco being made. I wonder if D'arco just made the story up to justify them not making him.
You´re welcome. I don´t think he made the story up but was dead wrong on the year. Capeci who wrote it, should have done some better research.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There you have it, never printed before.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo
Not nearly as many as they used to have.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:28 am

Pogo
How do you know? Based on what evidence?
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

So the fact that they are not very important to LCN nowadays, does the 5 families have a chance to become powerful again? Growing in the shadows I mean.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

aleksandrored wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:20 am So the fact that they are not very important to LCN nowadays, does the 5 families have a chance to become powerful again? Growing in the shadows I mean.
Matter of opinion. Do you think they can?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

DPG wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 am
aleksandrored wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:20 am So the fact that they are not very important to LCN nowadays, does the 5 families have a chance to become powerful again? Growing in the shadows I mean.
It's complicated, the fact that they are not giving importance to LCN gives them a chance to reorganize, but different from the past, there are no more Italian-Americans than before, and neighborhoods like lower east side equal to the decade of 20s and 30s do not exist , which makes it difficult to recruit members.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

aleksandrored wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:18 am
DPG wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 am
It's complicated, the fact that they are not giving importance to LCN gives them a chance to reorganize, but different from the past, there are no more Italian-Americans than before, and neighborhoods like lower east side equal to the decade of 20s and 30s do not exist , which makes it difficult to recruit members.
I'm sure with the advancements in tech 25-35 agents can do a lot more then people think.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

:P
Confederate wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:28 am

Pogo
How do you know? Based on what evidence?
Distinct reduction of cases. If those informers are sitting on their ass and not out there making cases, then what’s the use of keeping them on the feds payroll?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Um Mr. Gotti, Sir: F.B.I Informants provide information to the F.B.I. about criminal activity in exchange for financial gain OR the F.B.I reducing their sentence OR the F.B.I overlooking their own criminal activity.
In other words, not all Informants are on a payroll.

Wiseguy would have the data on the amount of cases now versus the past. However, since the Mob is SMALLER today than in the past, the actual number of cases might be less simply because the number of mob guys are less. The PERCENTAGE of Informants may be the same or even greater. Everything is RELATIVE.