1980 Pittsburgh Chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

1980 Pittsburgh Chart

Post by JCB1977 »

Hi All,

I am in the process of working with Chris Christie on a 1980 Pittsburgh Chart. I have a lot of what we need but would appreciate any input from FOH, FOF, Stroccos, Ed, B, Pogo, Antillar, Wiseguy, Ivan and any others who are interested in the topic. I know the smaller families aren’t that popular but your help would be appreciated. The actual chart will be posted under the Mafia Charts thread. We want to incorporate all made guys and as many associates as we can get including corrupt union officials, cops and politicians. In 1980, Pittsburgh had the following factions:

Pittsburgh
Altoona/Johnstown
Youngstown/Warren
Steubenville/East Liverpool
West Virginia (Wheeling & Weirton-Hancock County)
Erie, PA into parts of Western NY near Fredonia and Westfield

**1980 was a tenuous time in Pittsburgh as they were in the middle of the “Naples-Carrabbia” war (battle over total control of the lucrative Youngstown/Warren rackets).

Let me know if any of you would like to assist. Thanks everybody.

JCB
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Re: 1980 Pittsburgh Chart

Post by FriendofHenry »

I have my Dad's original Vindicator Parade from August 10, 1980 with "The Man They call America's #1 Mobster on the cover.
The article was written by Jack Anderson and it shows all the current Family charts including Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
I also have a copy of Redaer Digest from that era with similar information including Pittsburgh stuff about Jo Jo.
If you would like these, PM me and I'll send then to either CC or JCB. Just say the word.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 am I have my Dad's original Vindicator Parade from August 10, 1980 with "The Man They call America's #1 Mobster on the cover.
The article was written by Jack Anderson and it shows all the current Family charts including Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
I also have a copy of Redaer Digest from that era with similar information including Pittsburgh stuff about Jo Jo.
If you would like these, PM me and I'll send then to either CC or JCB. Just say the word.
Send them my way. Although they are listed in those publications it is a researchers job to confirm the sources. I will be using several publications, court documents, the Pennsylvania crime commission reports on organize crime and any news articles where the FBI is cited. Like I said, I am pretty well-versed in this era and I have a ton of information and photos but I want to make this as accurate as possible.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:47 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 am I have my Dad's original Vindicator Parade from August 10, 1980 with "The Man They call America's #1 Mobster on the cover.
Send them my way. Although they are listed in those publications it is a researchers job to confirm the sources. I will be using several publications, court documents, the Pennsylvania crime commission reports on organize crime and any news articles where the FBI is cited. Like I said, I am pretty well-versed in this era and I have a ton of information and photos but I want to make this as accurate as possible.
Will do. but Jack Anderson was a highly regarded journalist. It will be interesting to see what your research reveals.
Hopefully you'll consider some real life experiences with the Pittsburgh hierarchy that may not coincide with your findings.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

From the government not sure on accuracy
Altoona, Pennsylvania,
Alfred Corbo Joseph Ruggiero John Verilla Victor Schiappa Carl Venturato John Caramadre Vincent Caraciollo Dennis Colello

Youngstown/ Warren, Ohio
Vincent “Jimmy” Prato Joey Naples Lenine Strollo Ernest Biondillo Bernard Altshuller Frank Lentine Paul “Pinto” Holovatick Peter Cascarelli
Peeps and spider switched to work with Naples
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:16 am From the government not sure on accuracy
Altoona, Pennsylvania,
Alfred Corbo Joseph Ruggiero John Verilla Victor Schiappa Carl Venturato John Caramadre Vincent Caraciollo Dennis Colello

Youngstown/ Warren, Ohio
Vincent “Jimmy” Prato Joey Naples Lenine Strollo Ernest Biondillo Bernard Altshuller Frank Lentine Paul “Pinto” Holovatick Peter Cascarelli
I don't know if this makes a difference, but only Jimmy, Joey and Lenny were made guys.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:49 am
Stroccos wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:16 am From the government not sure on accuracy
Altoona, Pennsylvania,

Youngstown/ Warren, Ohio
I don't know if this makes a difference, but only Jimmy, Joey and Lenny were made guys.
Yes correct
I don’t think joey or Lenny were made in 1980 though
I think Peter cascarelli flipped at some point
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

I can probably get DOB and DOD if you give me city where they lived maybe an age known at sometime whatever you can give

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Easy one to Start

Pat Ferruccio

April 8th, 1917
March 31st, 2006

Know which Game to Play
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

FriendofFamily wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:49 pm I can probably get DOB and DOD if you give me city where they lived maybe an age known at sometime whatever you can give

I believe Joey and his brothers were all born in Youngstown. I'm not sure about Lenny.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Lenny and Joey were made in 1987 IIRC.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:49 am
Altoona, Pennsylvania,

Youngstown/ Warren, Ohio
1980. Only Jimmy Two guns and Big Dom were made. JOEY and Lenny were made in 1987. They were well respected associates until 87

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I have much of the info. All the DOB and DOD. I’m gonna need to start looking for photos of many associates. I’ll make a list this week of some associates who I need photos for. Thx fellas.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Made and associates are an important differentiation but as per this chart, the only difference will be made gets some distinction from nonmade. If Polly the Pollack Polisnki was around Michael Genovese everyday he won't be placed at the bottom because he's not Ital.

Some want to relate this group to CL but I find them to be achiral versions of one another, whatever the case, there's Cleveland and Pittsburgh Mafia membership and there's the Cleveland and Pittsburgh organizations which included 3 or 5 times as many non-members who made up integral parts of these organizations despite never being formally members of the mafia. These Outfits were local underworld institutions by the 1970's with made guys at the center. That's how I approached Cleveland.