Was Dellacroce an infomer?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Was Dellacroce an infomer?

Post by felice »

We know for sure that the Fbi had a very high member informing about the Gambino family in the 80s, probably the same who talked about the commission meeting. Was this guy Dellacroce? He was even described as informer by a Time article
willychichi
Full Patched

Re: Was Dellacroce an infomer?

Post by willychichi »

That would explain his disappearance from the Black Hand Forum. Perhaps he is in Forum Witsec and posting under an assumed name. ;)
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Wasn't the Time article proven to be bullshit? I haven't seen anything indicating he was an informant.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

I don't buy it.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Is the Times article the one that actually said he was a informant?
I heard de.cicco as well was possibly a CO
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

scarpa gave up commish meeting
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It has been established that it was a a Gambino informant who gave up the Commission meeting. The informant most likely being DeCicco. As for Dellacroce being an informant it wouldn't surprise me in the least he also gave up info as well.

Here is a great breakdown on DeCicco being an informant that B. post a while back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This topic still interests me and I can't remember the last time I brought it up, so I'll bring it up again.

Gus Sclafani, whose mother-in-law was able to get secret information from her job at the federal court, claimed to have info that Frank DeCicco was an informant. He made this claim before Paul Castellano died, I believe, and then Gotti/DeCicco had him killed shortly after the family takeover for spreading this rumor.

Now, Sclafani must have known how dangerous this information was. Even before Castellano died, DeCicco was one of the top rising stars in the family and was among the most popular members even in the opposing factions of the family. Sclafani knew that spreading a rumor like this could have some severely negative consequences for himself, but apparently the other information he provided to people like Corrao, etc. was very much correct. He must have strongly believed this was true before he opened his mouth about it.

When this comes up, I'm pretty sure the jerkoffs start saying "DeCicco was a stand-up guy! No way!" and even other mobsters apparently felt that way, enough to kill Sclafani over the rumor.

But here are a couple of things to consider:

**** An existing informant tipped off LE about the Staten Island Commission meeting. Aside from those who attended the meeting, all of whom ended up charged in the Commission Case, DeCicco is the only person we positively know of who knew about the time and location of the meeting. The meeting was facilitated by the Gambino family, and DeCicco, who had the run of Staten Island, served as a chauffeur and point of contact for those who attended. It is highly unlikely any of the men at the actual meeting tipped off LE considering they all got sentenced to 100 years in prison as a result. We also don't know of anyone else aside from DeCicco in the Gambino family who knew that the meeting was happening, let alone the specifics of the time/date/location, all of which DeCicco had to know considering his support role at the meeting. Of course it is possible that other people knew, but my point is he is the only person that we positively know of who knew these details.

**** As I said before, Sclafani's other information was correct. He had an inside connection that gave him secret information known to the feds, and his other info prior to the DeCicco rumor was apparently legitimate and helped NY mobsters stay one step ahead of the government. Why would this be wrong? And why would he spread a rumor that could get him killed if it was based on flimsy facts?

**** We know DeCicco was a rulebreaker. He was one of the principal conspirators in the Paul Castellano hit and without him it's possible John Gotti may not have even had the balls to do it, not to mention the fact that it was DeCicco who set Castellano up at Sparks Steakhouse. DeCicco was the reason Gravano and possibly others went along with the plan as well. Someone who is willing to break the cardinal rule of killing a boss might also break other cardinal rules, don't you think? Like say, informing on the bosses of the five families when they have a Commission meeting? Gravano certainly fell into the same category and look what he ended up doing.

We'll never know the answer to this, but as we find out more and more people were CIs, it looks more and more like DeCicco was a rat who informed on the Commission meeting and who knows what else.Top
**** When the feds bugged Paul Castellano's home, they had an informant who told them exactly where Castellano talked business with his capos, so that's how they knew where to put the bug. Not that many people were invited into Paul Castellano's home, let alone for high-level meetings, but who was one of his regular trusted visitors and knew Castellano's routine at home? Frank DeCicco. He even appears in two of the few photos that have surfaced from inside of Castellano's house.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

In the words of the great Jack Burton “never can tell”.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

not in a million years
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Based on what super? Did ya know him?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Many of the top guys had friendly relationships with FBI. In a way, they believed it may curry them some favor or leniency for any potential future indictment/conviction. It wasn’t as uncommon as you would think. It’s called playing both sides of the fence Super. I concur with Pogo, it wouldn’t surprise me to hear any mob chieftain did that.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

This article was recently done by our own BH poster Ed:

http://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/ptmannarino.html
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 pm It has been established that it was a a Gambino informant who gave up the Commission meeting. The informant most likely being DeCicco. As for Dellacroce being an informant it wouldn't surprise me in the least he also gave up info as well.

Here is a great breakdown on DeCicco being an informant that B. post a while back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This topic still interests me and I can't remember the last time I brought it up, so I'll bring it up again.

Gus Sclafani, whose mother-in-law was able to get secret information from her job at the federal court, claimed to have info that Frank DeCicco was an informant. He made this claim before Paul Castellano died, I believe, and then Gotti/DeCicco had him killed shortly after the family takeover for spreading this rumor.

Now, Sclafani must have known how dangerous this information was. Even before Castellano died, DeCicco was one of the top rising stars in the family and was among the most popular members even in the opposing factions of the family. Sclafani knew that spreading a rumor like this could have some severely negative consequences for himself, but apparently the other information he provided to people like Corrao, etc. was very much correct. He must have strongly believed this was true before he opened his mouth about it.

When this comes up, I'm pretty sure the jerkoffs start saying "DeCicco was a stand-up guy! No way!" and even other mobsters apparently felt that way, enough to kill Sclafani over the rumor.

But here are a couple of things to consider:

**** An existing informant tipped off LE about the Staten Island Commission meeting. Aside from those who attended the meeting, all of whom ended up charged in the Commission Case, DeCicco is the only person we positively know of who knew about the time and location of the meeting. The meeting was facilitated by the Gambino family, and DeCicco, who had the run of Staten Island, served as a chauffeur and point of contact for those who attended. It is highly unlikely any of the men at the actual meeting tipped off LE considering they all got sentenced to 100 years in prison as a result. We also don't know of anyone else aside from DeCicco in the Gambino family who knew that the meeting was happening, let alone the specifics of the time/date/location, all of which DeCicco had to know considering his support role at the meeting. Of course it is possible that other people knew, but my point is he is the only person that we positively know of who knew these details.

**** As I said before, Sclafani's other information was correct. He had an inside connection that gave him secret information known to the feds, and his other info prior to the DeCicco rumor was apparently legitimate and helped NY mobsters stay one step ahead of the government. Why would this be wrong? And why would he spread a rumor that could get him killed if it was based on flimsy facts?

**** We know DeCicco was a rulebreaker. He was one of the principal conspirators in the Paul Castellano hit and without him it's possible John Gotti may not have even had the balls to do it, not to mention the fact that it was DeCicco who set Castellano up at Sparks Steakhouse. DeCicco was the reason Gravano and possibly others went along with the plan as well. Someone who is willing to break the cardinal rule of killing a boss might also break other cardinal rules, don't you think? Like say, informing on the bosses of the five families when they have a Commission meeting? Gravano certainly fell into the same category and look what he ended up doing.

We'll never know the answer to this, but as we find out more and more people were CIs, it looks more and more like DeCicco was a rat who informed on the Commission meeting and who knows what else.Top
**** When the feds bugged Paul Castellano's home, they had an informant who told them exactly where Castellano talked business with his capos, so that's how they knew where to put the bug. Not that many people were invited into Paul Castellano's home, let alone for high-level meetings, but who was one of his regular trusted visitors and knew Castellano's routine at home? Frank DeCicco. He even appears in two of the few photos that have surfaced from inside of Castellano's house.

What info did dellacroce give up?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

the maid told the feds where to put the bugs, the two agents in their book thank a mr G. if i remember..bilotti was there also not charged
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

was jimmy brown there also?