Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Post by johnny_scootch »

If the shooter held the gun sideways and with one hand like he usually does maybe he would have had better aim.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

dont start with that shit, lol

you clearly can read my post...its just talk and speculation. I even clearly said I got no real clue.

If yall wanna discuss the excellent punctuation in the story in the press, fine lol. If you dont wanna discuss, or got some more info fine, share it...

All we know is a ( probably black guy) tried to hit a wealthy associate of the Luchese family, who was in the past associated with Basciano. And he got hit at his home.

His father was targeted previously, and shot back, so just a warning clearly wasnt going to do.

Now do you think the PROBABLY black guy was familiar with this upper middle class community? To me its seems like he would have been furnished with this information from someone who knew this guy. Where he lives, what he drives, what he looks like.

I mean, what, you think it's a non- mob beef?

Yall turn everything into an argument or some goofy ass race rant.

Just give your thoughts or theories or whatever....
It's cool and interesting discourse, like wtf?

Good God, half the thread is a logical attempt at explaining why no one is sending a hit team to kill a meaningless shooter, and why this associate isnt Joe Colombo.

I'm over here trying to stop this from becoming the Luchesse gangland thread, which was crazy to read...
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 am Where does this whole “Lucchese/Bonanno” rivalry come into play? Is there any actual evidence of that?
Theres no evidence of that. All we can do is speculate for why the hit happened. Maybe it was the lucheses or maybe it wasn’t. Maybe zottola made fun of frank cali’s fuckin hair and that caused the shooting. Anything and anyone could of organized the murder so everything is just speculation. My guess is that the zottola shooting had somethin to do with his dad.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

This guy that got shot once made the joke that Ginny Sack had a 90 lb mole removed from her ass. The implication being that Ginny was so fat that she could afford to carry a 90 lb mole.
Maybe it got around and he paid for that comment...just sayin...
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 am Where does this whole “Lucchese/Bonanno” rivalry come into play? Is there any actual evidence of that?
Not sure if this is indicative of a rivalry but this GL News from last February came to mind,

"In the indictment, Paulie Roast Beef, the younger Crea and associate Vincent Bruno were charged with attempted murder for allegedly plotting to whack mob associate Carl Ulzheimer for blocking the elder Crea from entering a family social club in the Bronx while other Bonannos were inside arguing with the Lucheses about some unknown issue of grave Mafia importance."
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

This whole incident was a violation of mob protocol which could have only occurred if it came from a commission meeting. An associate like this victim was on record with Basciano. You hit the victim - you hit Basciano. Pass me the popcorn - this is going to get interesting.
Hellboy 17
Associate

Post by Hellboy 17 »

Does the commission even exist anymore. Hello fellas, love this thread.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

They should kill the shooter. Because the cops will and he will talk.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

moneyman wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:06 am
Not sure if this is indicative of a rivalry but this GL News from last February came to mind,

"In the indictment, Paulie Roast Beef, the younger Crea and associate Vincent Bruno were charged with attempted murder for allegedly plotting to whack mob associate Carl Ulzheimer for blocking the elder Crea from entering a family social club in the Bronx while other Bonannos were inside arguing with the Lucheses about some unknown issue of grave Mafia importance."
Besides that, is any other reason everyone is saying it's a bonanno vs luke issue?

Id say bonanno in Bronx might even be in better shape now that Mancuso is coming out.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

NYNighthawk wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm This whole incident was a violation of mob protocol which could have only occurred if it came from a commission meeting. An associate like this victim was on record with Basciano. You hit the victim - you hit Basciano. Pass me the popcorn - this is going to get interesting.
I don't recall there being any evidence that Vincent Basciano Sr. has any standing in the family nowadays. He cannot feasibly relay any orders whatsoever from his high-security cell. In fact, the moment he was locked up, Bonanno acting underboss Michael 'Mikey Nose' Mancuso seized the family from Basciano and rejected Basciano's proposed "triumvirate" with Dominick Cicale and Anthony 'Fat Tony' Rabito. Basciano's options, if he's even received the news that Zottola has been shot, are limited. He cannot order retaliation from prison because any phone calls, letters, or visitations will likely be monitored and it's unlikely any of his former crew members or associates are going to step up to lead the fight themselves.

In my humble opinion...
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

NYNighthawk wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm This whole incident was a violation of mob protocol which could have only occurred if it came from a commission meeting. An associate like this victim was on record with Basciano. You hit the victim - you hit Basciano. Pass me the popcorn - this is going to get interesting.
How do you know if was a violation of Mafia protocol? We don’t even know the motive behind the attempted hit.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Teddy Persico wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:48 am
How do you know if was a violation of Mafia protocol? We don’t even know the motive behind the attempted hit.
lmao...grab the popcorn! Full out mob war...Basciano will not stand for this!

:lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Hellboy 17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:55 pm Does the commission even exist anymore. Hello fellas, love this thread.
The last known Commission meeting was in 2000. Any meetings after that we won't know about unless someone in a position to know flips.

In his 10 year anniversary edition of Five Families in 2016 Selwnn Raab said, as a means of discouraging surveillance, family bosses or emissaries were confering on a one to one basis rather than big meetings like in the past. However, he also said the Commission was kept alive to cope with various problems, including threats from other organized crime groups, like Russians or Albanians.
All roads lead to New York.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

It could just be a personal beef nothing more nothing less...
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:44 pm
I don't recall there being any evidence that Vincent Basciano Sr. has any standing in the family nowadays. He cannot feasibly relay any orders whatsoever from his high-security cell. In fact, the moment he was locked up, Bonanno acting underboss Michael 'Mikey Nose' Mancuso seized the family from Basciano and rejected Basciano's proposed "triumvirate" with Dominick Cicale and Anthony 'Fat Tony' Rabito. Basciano's options, if he's even received the news that Zottola has been shot, are limited. He cannot order retaliation from prison because any phone calls, letters, or visitations will likely be monitored and it's unlikely any of his former crew members or associates are going to step up to lead the fight themselves.

In my humble opinion...
One of his sons might get word to the streets. But overall I agree with you that he
is persona non grate by now.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'