DeCavalcante Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Re: DeCavalcante Bust

Post by brianwellbrock »

Stagno looks fucking good to be as old as he is. His son probably has diabetes and will have a leg chopped off unless he has a heart attack first and it kills him right their.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The DeCavalcantes have been "under" the Gambinos going back to at least Sam DeCavalcante's time, so that aspect is definitely not new.

Check out some of my other topics on the DeCavalcantes. On one of them, I mention how John Gotti had a meeting with John Riggi at a funeral and told him that they were under him. The arrangement had existed beforehand, so I assume this was just Gotti making it clear that a similar arrangement would continue. It doesn't mean that they are members of the Gambino family, but that they must go to them for approval.

Very interesting stuff. I believe Barzini's info was correct then about Nigro being consigliere and Stango a captain.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

B. wrote:Very interesting stuff. I believe Barzini's info was correct then about Nigro being consigliere and Stango a captain.
Barzini had Nigro as the underboss, close enough I guess.
BarziniAllAlong wrote:Boss - Charlie Ears Majuri
Underboss - Frank Nigro
Consigliere - John LaBarbera

Capo - Joey Merlo III
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chucky wrote:
B. wrote:Very interesting stuff. I believe Barzini's info was correct then about Nigro being consigliere and Stango a captain.
Barzini had Nigro as the underboss, close enough I guess.
BarziniAllAlong wrote:Boss - Charlie Ears Majuri
Underboss - Frank Nigro
Consigliere - John LaBarbera

Capo - Joey Merlo III
Ah, so the Bambino Boss Barzini wasn't 100% right. Sorry to have attrributed that to him. A part of me gets a sick thrill when the forum wannabes get it right once in a while.... it gives them that one story they can always fall back on.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Wasn't that doofus claiming claiming they had 8 or 9 capos, but kept ducking people asking for names even when he claimed to know? Pretty sure Don Barzini is none other than Leiber, Queen of the Jews.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

I believe Decavalcantes are under the Gambinos in the same way Nicky Scarfos Philly Fam was under the Genovese.
Stango and Nigro will die in the can biggest worry is if the son flips.
Pogo The Clown wrote:Any ideas who this "Horse" (Acting Boss) or "Milk" (Street Boss). According to the Stagno tape "Milk" is an older guy whose uncle was the UnderBoss or Consiglieri. It is hard too tell since a lot of the things Stagno states in that conversation are wrong.
Pogo
Charlie Majuris father was underboss and consigliere.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

johnny_scootch wrote:I believe Decavalcantes are under the Gambinos in the same way Nicky Scarfos Philly Fam was under the Genovese.
Stango and Nigro will die in the can biggest worry is if the son flips.
Pogo The Clown wrote:Any ideas who this "Horse" (Acting Boss) or "Milk" (Street Boss). According to the Stagno tape "Milk" is an older guy whose uncle was the UnderBoss or Consiglieri. It is hard too tell since a lot of the things Stagno states in that conversation are wrong.
Pogo
Charlie Majuris father was underboss and consigliere.
I always figured that Charles would make a play for the top spot. After the 1999 indictment that fact that Charles arch rival Vinny Ocean turned rat only help his rise to the top spot. Who is the Capo or crew leader they wanted to kill??
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Doobeez wrote:Thanks, Chucky....Schratweiser says this was Riggi's old crew?

Surprised Schratweiser covered the DeCavalcantes. Where did he say this about the Stagno Crew?

johnny_scootch wrote:Charlie Majuris father was underboss and consigliere.

He is a strong possibility. The uncle/father mistake could be just another one of Stagno's historical mistakes.

Rocco wrote:Who is the Capo or crew leader they wanted to kill??

It was a Soldier who was only IDed as "The Pet/The Mutt". From the tapes it sounds like he was a recently made guy.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo....any reason you keep spelling it STAGno instead of STANgo?

everything I've seen has it like the latter.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

I don't know if I'm more shocked at the kids size or that he still talks or dresses that way at 33.

Stamp "stupid dumb fuck" on his forehead and send him to Fergusen for life and call it a day.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

After reading the indictment here are a few things I take from it:

- The names like "Milk", "Horse", "Pet", etc. aren't so much nicknames as much as code words for certain people. With that in mind, it's hard to know who they are talking about. Majuri is a definite possibility as you guys said, though Stango has been around long enough to have known Frank Majuri personally (he was still alive in the 1990's) and would probably know his relation to Charles. What also makes the "uncle" thing confusing is that a lot of these guys are related, especially the ones from Ribera, so it could be a relation we don't know about.

- Stango seems to be saying at one point that the DeCav family was one of the first families in the US.That could just be him rambling on to the associate, though, and there is no reason to think he's a great historian here. It does jive with what Al D'Arco said in his book, which has been contested by some of the experts here.

- When he says they're under the Gambinos "now", it also doesn't sound like he means it's anything new, only that it's different from the way the family began. As I said before, we know they deferred to the Gambinos since at least the early 1960's if not longer. It could even go back to the 1920's like it did in Philadelphia.

- Some of these transcripts sound like fucking Sopranos episodes. Hiring bikers to take care of hits? Sending each other angry text messages? There is even a mention of a Facebook message. That thing about how the administration is "like Switzerland" where Stango gets confused is also hilarious... could be a conversation between Paulie and someone.

-
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

I went back and read this again last night. This Charlie Stango is like the Greg DePalma of the Decavs. He gives up the entire administration to a fuckin associate for Christ's sake. WTF is wrong with this guy. His son calls him on the wrong phone line by yet Charlie joins in on the rant and then calls the nkid back on the safe line(so they thought..no such thing as a safe line) and blames his retard kid for talking on that line and getting him go in..lol. Your right its like a sopranos episode. Lol and his kid is 33yrs old but looks like a 15yr kid who just got into gangsta rap. Driving around in a caddy with no job while your girl and son are living in some little shit box that costs just as much as your fuckin car. He tells his dad that associates of the rival crew are sending him messages on Facebook making fun of him...lol. This charlie stango has got to have the IQ of a rock to even have his wigger son involved in anything illegal. I mean you don't even want this kid selling fireworks to teenagers... That's how dumb this kid is. He's like 15yrs going on 34 for Christ's sake. Lol. And Charlie is talking biz on the phone with everyone? Wtf is wrong with these idiots? I see Charlie went down in the 99 indictment for attempted labor extortion. Not sure how much time he got? Which crew was he in bad then? He's defaintly not the brains of the Decavs..lol.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

There's one line in the indictment by the blimp "I'm sorry, Daddy."

I'm 35 and haven't called my dad 'daddy' since I was about four. This kid is playing at gangster and he is WAY outta his league. And his piece of shit old man should know that kid xant make it in the life, without his old mans protection he wouldn't last two minutes. Shame on him.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:There's one line in the indictment by the blimp "I'm sorry, Daddy."

I'm 35 and haven't called my dad 'daddy' since I was about four. This kid is playing at gangster and he is WAY outta his league. And his piece of shit old man should know that kid xant make it in the life, without his old mans protection he wouldn't last two minutes. Shame on him.
Sonny exactly what I was thinking the entire time I read this. The old man is a piece of shit looking out for himself. What father would bring their kid into that shitty life ? And the icing on the cake is like you said... The kid is 33yr old wigger playing pretend gangster still mentally a 15yr old due to lack of parenting most likely. If this kid doesn't cooperate I would be surprised...but they really don't need him to cooperate do they? Pretty clean indictment. Feds did a good job and the Stango crew made it pretty easy due to lack of general intelligence on Stangos part. Rule # 1: don't talk on the phone . Rule #2: don't talk on the phone jerkoffs.... Probably the easiest case the feds have had in a long time
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

March 13, 2015 - 8:35pm
New Jersey mobster arrested in Henderson just couldn’t stay low-key

By JEFF GERMAN
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

It didn’t take long for Charles “Beeps” Stango to get into trouble after he was released from prison to spend his golden years in Henderson.

The New Jersey crime figure was arrested at his home Thursday in an alleged scheme to kill a rival mob figure back in the Garden State.

The 71-year-old life-long wise guy moved to Southern Nevada roughly a year ago, and was on supervised release from a long federal prison term stemming from a 2003 racketeering conviction that also involved a plot to kill a rival mobster across the Hudson, in New York, authorities said Friday.

Federal prison records show he was released in November 2012. County property records indicate Stango doesn’t own the modest $180,000 two-story house north of Interstate 215 near Green Valley Parkway, but it’s believed that he settled there about a year ago.

Neighbors say Stango and his wife seemed friendly enough, but they didn’t know them well. Several said the couple drive notably nice cars.

A woman at the Stango residence who appeared to be in her mid-30s offered only a terse “no comment” while also talking on her cell phone.

While still under federal supervision in December, the five-time convicted felon and DeCavalcante crime family “capo, ” began conspiring to kill the rival in New Jersey, Assistant U.S. Attorney Nicholas Dickinson said in court here on Thursday.

Dickinson said Stango’s string of felony convictions includes a 1981 homicide in New Jersey.

Stango — whose underworld nicknames include “Charlie the Hat” and “The Mad Hatter” — told an undercover law enforcement officer that he had “planted the f—ing flag” for organized crime in Las Vegas, according to a federal complaint unsealed in New Jersey.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy Koppe on Thursday ordered Stango held in federal custody and transported back to New Jersey to face felony charges in the murder conspiracy and other schemes to distribute cocaine and run a prostitution business.

Nine other people, including Stango’s son, Anthony “Whitey” Stango, 33, were arrested on varying charges in New Jersey stemming from the three-year DeCavalcante investigation conducted by the FBI in Newark.

There’s noting in the public record that indicates the schemes involved crimes in Nevada.

In announcing the arrests, Newark FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard Frankel said the investigation dealt a “severe blow” to one of the country’s most notorious crime families.

That notoriety extends to television — the HBO series “The Sopranos” was reportedly based on the DeCavalcante family.

Federal authorities said they have secret cellphone recordings of the elder Stango in the Las Vegas area planning the mob hit with other crime family members back in New Jersey.

The mobster also talked openly about the murder scheme in face-to-face meetings here and in New Jersey with the undercover agent who had infiltrated the DeCavalcante crime family, the complaint said.

As the various schemes unfolded, FBI agents monitored discussions between the elder Stango and associates known by the underworld nicknames of “Knuckles” and “Johnny Balls.”

Prosecutors allege Stango obtained permission to kill the rival from Frank “Shipe” Nigro, 72, the crime family’s reputed “consigliore,” who was among those arrested in New Jersey.

The plan was to pay two motorcycle gang members $25,000 each for the hit.

According to the complaint, Stango oversaw a street crew that distributes drugs and contraband cigarettes in New Jersey for the DeCavalcante organization, a wing of New York’s Gambino Mafia family.

In 2002, Stango and 19 other suspected members and associates of the Decavalcante family were indicted in New York on a series of racketeering charges that included a scheme to murder a cooperating government witness, according to court documents.

Stango pleaded guilty in March 2003 to a felony charge involving the racketeering acts of conspiring to commit murder, construction industry extortion and securities fraud, the documents show.

U.S. District Judge Michael Mukasey later sentenced him to 13 years in prison plus three years of supervised release. His time behind bars was eventually shortened, though his career in crime continued.

Federal agents in February secretly recorded Stango and his son discussing a plan to set up a high-end prostitution business in Toms River, N.J., to cater to businessmen and professionals.

“You need to protect yourself with what you’re going to do now,” the elder Stango said. “You have to be smart, very smart. You can’t just do something that everybody else is doing, OK?”

Stango told his son to establish a legal club as a front and to keep drink prices low to attract more customers and make a bigger profit on volume, the complaint said.

He also instructed his son to meet all legal requirements for the club and conduct business as low-key as possible to stay out of law enforcement’s sights.

“Be like you see at the beach,” Stango said. “Be a grain of sand on the whole f—ing beach. This way they look, they see the beach. They don’t see Anthony.”

What he didn’t know was that the authorities were already looking.

Reporter Ricardo Torres contributed to this report. Contact Jeff German at jgerman@reviewjournal.com or 702-380-8135. Follow @JGermanRJ on Twitter.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-v ... ay-low-key
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.