Who runs the DeCavalcantes?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Who runs the DeCavalcantes?

Post by JeremyTheJew »

B. wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:56 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 pm i had no idea about frankie loc being DeCavs. I remember something about cutolo.... I hope more info is said
DiBernardo, not LoCascio. He was well-known as an up-and-coming DeCavalcante associate in Brooklyn by the 1970s.

yaaa di b.... Frankie loc..... there all the same. :mrgreen:

so was he on record e DeCAvs??
di n is another capo without a crew right?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:18 pm so in Red Hook???
I guess I can see that. there's not much crew presence in Red Hook.
I think DeMeo was from there.
DeMeo was from Canarsie. his family may have had roots in red hook or south brooklyn but by the time guys his age were born, they were leaving for more 'suburban' areas of brooklyn like canarsie and bath beach
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:36 pm
DeMeo was from Canarsie. his family may have had roots in red hook or south brooklyn but by the time guys his age were born, they were leaving for more 'suburban' areas of brooklyn like canarsie and bath beach
I think he was thinking of Salvatore DeMeo, the genovese guy. Roy DeMeo's fam acctually lived in Bed Stay around 1940.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:23 pm
I think he was thinking of Salvatore DeMeo, the genovese guy. Roy DeMeo's fam acctually lived in Bed Stay around 1940.
no I THOUGHT it was Roy from Murder Machine. but i read it before i moved to NYC so i may be wrong.
where in bed stuy? that's very odd bc bed stuy (where I actually lived most the time in Brooklyn) was/is mostly black and has allways been rough Brooklyn ghettos. most of the Brooklyn rappers you hear of are from bed stuy.

bed stuy borders next to Brownsville, maybe around there???
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:10 pm
AlexfromSouth wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:23 pm
no I THOUGHT it was Roy from Murder Machine. but i read it before i moved to NYC so i may be wrong.
where in bed stuy? that's very odd bc bed stuy (where I actually lived most the time in Brooklyn) was/is mostly black and has allways been rough Brooklyn ghettos. most of the Brooklyn rappers you hear of are from bed stuy.

bed stuy borders next to Brownsville, maybe around there???
i remember reading vic orena's family was originally from bed stuy as well. the bed stuy / brownsville border is called ocean hill and had a good number of italians there at one point. apparently ron trucchio and the corrozos were originally from there as well, until they moved to further points east (ozone park and canarsie) during the "white flight" era

bed stuy has always been a middle class, single family home owner-based neighborhood that fell into rough times between white flight and then the crack years. but there are tons of working, regular middle and upper middle class black families there who own homes. it just has a bad reputation that is still lingering like many other black neighborhoods that got hit during the crack years. everything is changing / gentrifying now though
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i use to live at Bedford and Lexington
nostrand and Greene.

both the middle of bed stuy. bed stuy is I think the biggest neighborhood in Brooklyn.
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

Roy Demeo was from the flatlands area which is adjacent to canarise. A family friend grew up with him and also went to James Madison high school with him.
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

Sorry I should add that he was from flatlands ave closer to the marine park area not the canarise side of flatlands for those who know the area
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Yes he was from Flatlands, ave N or something
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

DonnieB wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:24 am Sorry I should add that he was from flatlands ave closer to the marine park area not the canarise side of flatlands for those who know the area
ahh.. yeah someone like me just considers that whole area canarsie i guess

nick corrozzos crew was based in that same area, right?
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

Nicky had a place on ave L in the east 90's.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Could just be a coincidence, but I learned that Joseph Merlo Sr. went by the nickname "Joe Milk". He is long deceased, but might be an indication that the street boss referred to as "Milk" is one of the Merlos. Also worth pointing out that the Merlos and Majuris are related somehow and Merlo Jr. reported direct to Charlie Majuri when he was on the ruling panel, so the mention of "Milk's" relative being an early "underboss of consiglieres" could leave open some possibilities if "Milk" is indeed a Merlo.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Majuri is running things if I had to guess here in Jersey.

A few of the guys from the 2015 bust are out, the Mario kid is out and working at a car dealership in Toms River already.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 pm Could just be a coincidence, but I learned that Joseph Merlo Sr. went by the nickname "Joe Milk". He is long deceased, but might be an indication that the street boss referred to as "Milk" is one of the Merlos. Also worth pointing out that the Merlos and Majuris are related somehow and Merlo Jr. reported direct to Charlie Majuri when he was on the ruling panel, so the mention of "Milk's" relative being an early "underboss of consiglieres" could leave open some possibilities if "Milk" is indeed a Merlo.
Great info. Your assessment makes sense since Majuri's have been there since the beginning
AND the Merlo's are related and long standing members.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 pm Could just be a coincidence, but I learned that Joseph Merlo Sr. went by the nickname "Joe Milk". He is long deceased, but might be an indication that the street boss referred to as "Milk" is one of the Merlos. Also worth pointing out that the Merlos and Majuris are related somehow and Merlo Jr. reported direct to Charlie Majuri when he was on the ruling panel, so the mention of "Milk's" relative being an early "underboss of consiglieres" could leave open some possibilities if "Milk" is indeed a Merlo.
Great find B. I always wondered what he meant by underboss of consiglieres?