Who runs the DeCavalcantes?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Who runs the DeCavalcantes?

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I wonder what made the N.Y. guys go to DeCavs? faster promotion maybe
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:37 pm I wonder what made the N.Y. guys go to DeCavs? faster promotion maybe
It's not like these guys get to pick and choose which family they want to be in :lol:
It all has to do with circumstance. It could be as simple as some wannabe kid from Brooklyn starts hanging around some loanshark through some guy he knows, ends up working for the loanshark who happens to be under a DeCavalcante soldier.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

yeah but in BK... u almost can choose.

What part of Brooklyn (or even queens) are the DeCavs out of
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

They were a few guys around red hook court street area but that was a long time ago. Joe scalfani had a club in bay ridge
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Jerry Balzano who was arrested for the road rage incident recently caught on video with the DeCavs was also originally from Brooklyn and then moved to Toms River where he was busted about 15 years ago for a weed operation in Toms River......Another guy who grew up in Brooklyn who is with DeCavs. I wanna day he’s lived in Toms River though for the past 20 years at least when he was not in the clink.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Day = say*
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

DonnieB wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:03 pm They were a few guys around red hook court street area but that was a long time ago. Joe scalfani had a club in bay ridge
Are you takling about ear Sclafani? Where was he from in Brooklyn?
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:25 pm Jerry Balzano who was arrested for the road rage incident recently caught on video with the DeCavs was also originally from Brooklyn and then moved to Toms River where he was busted about 15 years ago for a weed operation in Toms River......Another guy who grew up in Brooklyn who is with DeCavs. I wanna day he’s lived in Toms River though for the past 20 years at least when he was not in the clink.
I played basketball against St. Joe's Toms River in high shool.
We won. :D
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

so in Red Hook???
I guess I can see that. there's not much crew presence in Red Hook.
I think DeMeo was from there.
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:54 pm
DonnieB wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:03 pm They were a few guys around red hook court street area but that was a long time ago. Joe scalfani had a club in bay ridge
Are you takling about ear Sclafani? Where was he from in Brooklyn?
I am not sure where he is from but he had a club in bay ridge.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

So do you think that real is still in effect? Who made the beef about them having so many NY guys ,gambino’s? In early 00’s?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Can't remember if JD posted anything that specifically clears up the alleged rule against making members in NYC but maybe someone can dig through his old thread(s) if they can get search to work. The DeCavalcante family had NYC-based members as far back as we can trace the family, possibly back to its earliest days and it's even possible the family originated in NY in some form, so it's not as if they randomly started underhandedly recruiting members from NY in the 70s-90s. Those they did recruit would have been on record as associates with them, not simply leftovers/rejects from NY -- that's not how the system works. There was some info or speculation out there I've seen about a couple of DeCav NY members falling into this "Five Family reject" category and I don't see how that's possible given they had to have been formally released, unless they were still associates of NY families recruited without their knowledge but that's another issue entirely. There still would have been a number of NY-based associates on record with the DeCavs after the rule, too, so it's hard to imagine NY telling them they can't propose associates otherwise in good standing. I've never heard of someone being rejected for membership based on location if they're on record and fit the other requirements but maybe there is more info on exactly what happened with this rule.

Would be interesting to know the exact circumstances of Robert DiBernardo and Bill Cutolo being released from the DeCavalcantes and made with the Gambinos and Colombos, respectively. They were both major up-and-comers who rose quickly in their new families, so more info on their DeCav release would be great considering these are two well-known figures in mafia history.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Was Vinny Ocean one of the biggest money makers for them during the 90’s? A lot of those guys in that huge Indictment/ bust in early 2000’s are getting out . That should fill a few spots
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i had no idea about frankie loc being DeCavs. I remember something about cutolo.... I hope more info is said
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 pm i had no idea about frankie loc being DeCavs. I remember something about cutolo.... I hope more info is said
DiBernardo, not LoCascio. He was well-known as an up-and-coming DeCavalcante associate in Brooklyn by the 1970s.