John DiFronzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo

Post by slimshady_007 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:58 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:05 pm I went out on a limb starting this thread but it was "confirmed" by a few different sources in an Outfit Facebook group (god help us), but I have no reason to believe that more than one person is making up someone's death.

I am assuming there will be an obit or article sometime soon.
Dude, no limb, I think I can speak with confidence that the board in general has trust in your judgement.

Anyone think his brother will replace him?

Any thoughts on succession?
Doesn’t ny choose the next boss? Like how they do with the philly mob and the DeCavalcantes
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

No, Chicago is basically on an island by themselves.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:40 pm
Doesn’t ny choose the next boss? Like how they do with the philly mob and the DeCavalcantes
Not with Chicago. New York (the Genovese and Gambinos) had influence over some families in the Northeast. The West Side approved Scarfo as boss. Stanfa later took over with Gambino backing. Chin also approved one of the New England bosses in the late 1980s/early 1990s. Buffalo also at one point. And of course the Gambinos still have influence over the DeCavalcantes.
All roads lead to New York.
Jeff
Straightened out

Post by Jeff »

BillyBrizzi wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:50 pm If it is true, that he's dead, then the man has accomplished a quite impressive feat.

He had a relatively long tenure as boss, has amassed a massive fortune (allegedly) and most importantly he died a free man.. Quite unique for a mob boss of one of the great families..
All true. But you can also add that he accomplished this in the 21st century making it even more rare.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if any info will come out as to why he was not indicted in the Family Secrets investigation/trial. Or long rumored Family Secrets II investigation.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Not enough corroborating evidence.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I believe DiFronzo hasn't been boss for about at least 3 years. He could have held the official boss title however. It came out about 4 years ago that he was suffering from dementia. He was either top boss in name only or completely out of the picture and retired.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 pm Not enough corroborating evidence.
OR, it is at least possible that he was one of the two high level Informants described by the Feds within the Chicago Outfit. IF NOT, then he was the luckiest Boss in the history of the American Mafia besides Tony Accardo who died 26 years ago during a different time. That is also possible because if he really did quit back in 2003 or whenever Marcello got out of jail, Then it is possible that all he had to worry about was not getting indicted for something he did in the past which is what happened to Joey Lombardo.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Jeff
Straightened out

Post by Jeff »

Yeah, I mean ultimately I know that's the reason. My understanding is all they really had was Nick Calabrese's testimony. I know it is highly unlikely, but I would love to hear some opinions regarding No Nose and Family Secrets from those involved in the investigation. I'd also like to hear what happened to the Family Secrets II investigation. For years people speculated that he was the top target of that investigation. Of course there were also rumors of him being an informant.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:21 pm
OR, it is at least possible that he was one of the two high level Informants described by the Feds within the Chicago Outfit. IF NOT, then he was the luckiest Boss in the history of the American Mafia besides Tony Accardo who died 26 years ago during a different time. That is also possible because if he really did quit back in 2003 or whenever Marcello got out of jail, Then it is possible that all he had to worry about was not getting indicted for something he did in the past which is what happened to Joey Lombardo.
[/quot
That would be interesting if he was one of the informants. Seeing he ended up being boss. If he is dead, do they let that information out to the public?? Also Calabrese said Lou Marino was a part of the Spilotro Bros. killing.He was never indicted for that either. He was doing about 25 years in prison. So I don't think he was an Informant. Marcello was the only one they had another witness to testify against him.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

DiFronzo was on the original list of potential defendants for Family Secrets.

I also think that Family Secrets II was more of a media creation than anything.

DiFronzo was always very well insulated through his family members and that whole crew. They were basically unknown until the early nineties. Intelligence always described them as tight knit. Hell, DiFronzo was indicted in the Rincon case on just a head knod and they later overturned it. He was a very cagey guy who took care of his people. They were well entrenched in legitimate enterprises as well, so their need for violence as a means to an end was probably not as important to them as other crews.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

And thanks for the link, Antilliar.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

My thanks Frank.

If DiFronzo has died, is there any way, or will it naturally come out/be released that he was (if he was) a CI?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Thanks buddy. Also have you run into any info about Outfit Leadership since it was reported that DiFronzo was on day to day retirement and grooming Solly DiLaurentis as the new boss. They only thing I have read is that DiLaurentis took over as the top boss.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 pm My thanks Frank.

If DiFronzo has died, is there any way, or will it naturally come out/be released that he was (if he was) a CI?
They never intentionally release that information. Most of the time, they are revealed through research/sleuthing.