Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maninblack
On Record

Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Post by maninblack »

Just wondering does anyone know how much the American Mob is involved in the war between the Rizzuto's and The Violi's from Hamilton. It seems like ever since the 2 Violi brothers were arrested its been quiet. I heard for a while the Gambino's were doing more of their drug trafficking with The Ndrangheta since they control the drug trade over the Sicilian Mafia now. Just re reading this article from November of last year how the Bonanno's made a couple guys from Canada but its interesting to me how they still have that connection with The Buffalo and Gambino family since the Canada families seem pretty strong. Do you guys think since The Rizzuto family presumaby kinda broke off on their own from the Bonanno's and weren't kicking up to them that The Vioil's took advantage and formed a truce with Bonnano's and or Gambinos? Plus as we know Sal Montagna tried to take control of the RIzzuto Family so I was just wondering where The Five Families stand in the war and if people think its definitely The Violi's behind the war trying to take Montreal and also having Angelo Musitano killed. Heres the article from a couple months ago that we all saw just wanted to know how much New York might be involved

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/con ... -by-police
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i havent seen anything saying that gambinos were involved w Rizzutos.

there has been rumors of them working with the Siderno group in Toronto tho.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
maninblack
On Record

Re: Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Post by maninblack »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:50 pm i havent seen anything saying that gambinos were involved w Rizzutos.

there has been rumors of them working with the Siderno group in Toronto tho.
Not the Rizzutos, I mean the Gambinos and Bonannos both seem like they're backing the Hamilton Violis and I think The Gambinos run their drug trade through the Ndrangheta now since theyve emerged as the power over the Sicilian Mafia
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Is any of this based on any minute basis of fact or can be referenced, or is this all pure “I’ve got an idea!....”?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:10 pm Is any of this based on any minute basis of fact or can be referenced, or is this all pure “I’ve got an idea!....”?
That undercover agent from Canada in the article got made by the Bonnanos. I thought it was interesting with how powerful Canada is got that they still go through America. So just wanted to see if anyone knows where Bonnanos stand in the war as far as who they’re backing
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I personally do not believe that ANY family in the U.S. has anything to do with anything outside their area. In another 20 years, most of LCN will be gone and it will be confined to a few areas in the country. Canada is its own entity and I don't believe the Rizzutos paid any tribute to the Bonannos. What the fuck is the American Mob going to do to the Canadien OC groups? The N'Drangheta would destroy the Americans. And so would the Sicilian factions. More U.S. mafia families have 3rd-4th generation Italian American members...none of them know what it's like on the other side. The NY families will eventually become like Philly, nothing but a borgata running a few card games and some gambling. The heyday is long gone and it ain't never coming back.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:35 pm I personally do not believe that ANY family in the U.S. has anything to do with anything outside their area. In another 20 years, most of LCN will be gone and it will be confined to a few areas in the country. Canada is its own entity and I don't believe the Rizzutos paid any tribute to the Bonannos. What the fuck is the American Mob going to do to the Canadien OC groups? The N'Drangheta would destroy the Americans. And so would the Sicilian factions. More U.S. mafia families have 3rd-4th generation Italian American members...none of them know what it's like on the other side. The NY families will eventually become like Philly, nothing but a borgata running a few card games and some gambling. The heyday is long gone and it ain't never coming back.
I am almost in agreement with this statement.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:35 pm I personally do not believe that ANY family in the U.S. has anything to do with anything outside their area.
I think the only significant exception is the presence the NY families have in South Florida.
In another 20 years, most of LCN will be gone and it will be confined to a few areas in the country. Canada is its own entity and I don't believe the Rizzutos paid any tribute to the Bonannos. What the fuck is the American Mob going to do to the Canadien OC groups? The N'Drangheta would destroy the Americans. And so would the Sicilian factions. More U.S. mafia families have 3rd-4th generation Italian American members...none of them know what it's like on the other side. The NY families will eventually become like Philly, nothing but a borgata running a few card games and some gambling. The heyday is long gone and it ain't never coming back.
Obviously certain ties between the U.S. and Canada continue, including between the Bonannos and Rizzutos, whenever a formal split may have occurred. One thing I found interesting is how this was pretty much spelled out by the feds in a few press releases, including the one below that refers to the "Rizzuto and Bonanno crime families" (i.e. differentiating between the two), and how much of the drugs coming from Canada in this operation were distributed by the Bonannos in New York (i.e. business relationship continues even if formal affiliation doesn't).

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/al ... prisonment

As for a hypothetical confrontation between the American and Canadian mobs, outside of the rare single hit (Sciascia, Montagna), it's not like there's going to be an actual all out war. But I think people tend to overstate how powerful Canadian OC is.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i think its safe to say the rizzuto fam split from Bonanno. especially when a Brooklyn indictment says so.

Sal Vitale said there was 20 odd members back in 2000s ... since then, most if not all of those members have died!

I think that's probably the last of the Bonanno Rizzutos.
Is it possible that the Rizzutos have even lost there footing in Montreal??

Rocco Solecitto is out. Nick Rizzuto stil fighting gun charge.

but then we have articles saying that Vito Mirarchi or something similar who was under Desjardins
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@wiseguy

I think this is where there is a DEEP disconnect on the forums. I don't think there WAS any formal affiliation, I think the Rizzutos being " initiated" into the Bonnano family was PART OF THE NARCOTICS- BUSINESS ACCORD.

(The Sicilian families organize the supply end, the Gambino and Bonnano families have a " distribution contract" if you want to call it that.)

You could say it was the Bonnanos way of guaranteeing their share of the operation. As well as allowing the Rizzutos free reign to deal with American wise guys on even footing. I don't think it's that much different than Rosario Naimo being made into the Luchesses. He was STILL an agent of the Sicilian mafia, him being made is something of a political move.

This was something they went in depth in the Sixth Family. How the issue of dual membership, was getting to be, really kinda bad for business. The question of, if a guy Is already made and respected in Italy, does it carry over and vice versa.

I've said it a few times, even in one of felices threads. The Bonnanos came into play, ONCE THE DRUGS GET TO NYC. They are the privileged buyers, like they probably get first call on the sales, and if not consignment, a VERY GOOD PRICE.

But that money better come back up to the suppliers, or else you end up like Sonny Red. Or Galante.

There is a passage in the Sixth Family, where they describe how Rizzuto made Narcotics orders. They said he NEVER used his own money, and he only put in an order for a shipment when a certain amount of individual orders came in. Now in the book they made it seem like this was some kinda genius move, when in fact it's been standard operating procedure for the drug trade since forever. It's always been a consortium, functioning like a joint stock company, it was the same with tobacco trade as well. Those orders were from Sicilian mafia families investing in the drug trade, maybe other crime groups too like the Hells. This is when I realized like.." Okay, so he doesn't OWN the shipments..hmmmm". But he did start to create his OWN connects, OUTSIDE THE MAFIA, like the Big Circle boys, the hash merchants..I think the real problem was that Rizzuto was starting to RIVAL the Caruana - Cuntrera clan. The family that controlled the drug trade for the Sicilian mafia for decades, both supply and laundering. I'm convinced they went along with it.

The thing is the Bonnano crew in Canada was the Cotroni organization right? I think it's safe to say they NEVER controlled the Rizzutos. They were NEVER really the same organization', I mean is this a wrong conclusion?

The Gambinos seem to be the family with the connections, the Bonnanos with the guys in NYC ready to move the shit, the Canadians are the bridge, kept the supply coming and made sure the money came back. Interesting thing though... Excluding Pasquale Conte, it seems NO American made Gambinos were allowed to OFFICIALLY deal. They seem to prefer " subcontracting" this work out to either autonomously operated, Sicilian crews SENT over here, or guys like Raffaelle Valenti and this Francesco Palmeri who was " authorized to have his own network"...

Honestly I could go on and on about this subject, but LETS TALK ABOUT IT. Like a for real discussion instead of just arguments and " NO YOU ARE WRONG YOU FANBOY, LOL"

I'd like to hear everyone's take on it before I post again.....
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I'd disagree e the Bonannos always getting the first purchase. from THEIR source (Bono/Badalmenti) yes they got first dibbs...

but Gambinos had there own source in the Inzerillo and Spatola.

as well as Rosario Naimo, who I'm really interested in and can't find much on him. On BB it was said he gets his heroin from the Turks.

where does Buscetta fit in? Did Naimo become a Buscetta type? Naimo supposedly reported directly to the cupola I believe. Which is what Buscetta did as well. except I don't think Buscetta was that powerfull in the US
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

anyone know where Buscetta fit in on this whole op?
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:35 pm I personally do not believe that ANY family in the U.S. has anything to do with anything outside their area. In another 20 years, most of LCN will be gone and it will be confined to a few areas in the country. Canada is its own entity and I don't believe the Rizzutos paid any tribute to the Bonannos. What the fuck is the American Mob going to do to the Canadien OC groups? The N'Drangheta would destroy the Americans. And so would the Sicilian factions. More U.S. mafia families have 3rd-4th generation Italian American members...none of them know what it's like on the other side. The NY families will eventually become like Philly, nothing but a borgata running a few card games and some gambling. The heyday is long gone and it ain't never coming back.
Generally agree but specific to NY and NJ the West Side Gambinos and Luchesse have such large interests in construction , unions , trucking , recycling, garbage / landfills that I think that industry will be the last to go and will be around a long time .

Some of these crews are still doing tens of million dollar hotel construction GC from the bottom up near Wall Street, AoA and other prime areas ( like Jersey City now ) with large financial backers and themselves having significant finances .

The relationships , finances , partners , workers are all there to handle large projects and they do . Will be very hard IMO to break that up and they have easy access to counsel to meet minimum legit level .

Would love to hear how much action the Westside has in Jersey City as I believe that was Manna crew and they must have loads of construction , trucking / carting interests. There hasn’t been a bust in that crew in awhile and those guys to some degree have real influence at that port and I’m sure gave the big strike ok a couple years ago over allegedly hiring practices lol . They must be bringing in tons of $ with the explosion of that city .
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The 80s called. They want their view of the 5 families back.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Hollander keeps the Camorra posts pretty steady on BB and there is ongoing fighting weekly shootings sometimes daily. happens enough where they can almost be compared to US bloods and crips fighting for drug turf.

Is that how Ndrangheta is as well?