Worst mob rat?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Re: Worst mob rat?

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Btw,,,,gas pipe full interview is back on youtube
I been taught to listen to what's not said
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

https://scholar.google.co.nz/scholar_ca ... s_sdt=2006

I don't know why the case is titled U.S. v. Curanovic, but it's clearly about Saracino. Turns out Corozzo Jr. ended up being disqualified from representing him in his appeals.

Present day Colombos are incredibly interesting to me. They've been on a progressive downward spiral since Carmine was jailed. They never really recover, they just stagnate and trudge along until the next big downfall. The Third Colombo War, then all the enormous post-war indictments, then the upper-level turmoil with Wild Bill getting whacked, then Little Allie Boy going down for life and Carmine losing his heir, then Joe Waverly going down, then a five-year stagnation that ended with Tommy Shots getting busted, then Ralph DeLeo's weird and wacky reign, then the enormous Mafia Takedown Day busts, and since 2011... quiet. The feds must be giving the Colombos time to recover and get back on their feet. The New York OC squads don't want to be out of a job.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:10 am https://scholar.google.co.nz/scholar_ca ... s_sdt=2006

I don't know why the case is titled U.S. v. Curanovic, but it's clearly about Saracino. Turns out Corozzo Jr. ended up being disqualified from representing him in his appeals.

Present day Colombos are incredibly interesting to me. They've been on a progressive downward spiral since Carmine was jailed. They never really recover, they just stagnate and trudge along until the next big downfall. The Third Colombo War, then all the enormous post-war indictments, then the upper-level turmoil with Wild Bill getting whacked, then Little Allie Boy going down for life and Carmine losing his heir, then Joe Waverly going down, then a five-year stagnation that ended with Tommy Shots getting busted, then Ralph DeLeo's weird and wacky reign, then the enormous Mafia Takedown Day busts, and since 2011... quiet. The feds must be giving the Colombos time to recover and get back on their feet. The New York OC squads don't want to be out of a job.
Im sure they’ve recovered since mafia take down day. Besides the whole reynold maragni fuckup the colombos seem to be stayin off the radar. Possibly Michael Uvino runs things?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

It wasn't a Reynold Maragni fuckup. The two drivers behind the bust were Paulie Guns Bevacqua, Tommy McLaughlin and, to a lesser extent, Peter Tagliavia. Reynold Maragni and Big Anthony Russo flipped afterward, with both of their damage being a bit less significant.

So in a two-year timeframe, the Colombos had high-ranking capo and a high-ranking associate flip and wear wires. Then you had all three admin members on the street get arrested, as well as a four capos, eight soldiers, and numerous associates, including two proposed members. Then Maragni and Big Anthony, two capos, flipped, and subsequent arrests including two high-ranking associates (Guerra and Michael Persico), another capo (Teddy Persico Jr.), another proposed member (Joseph Petillo) and the family's new acting consigliere (Tom Farese).

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:21 pm It wasn't a Reynold Maragni fuckup. The two drivers behind the bust were Paulie Guns Bevacqua, Tommy McLaughlin and, to a lesser extent, Peter Tagliavia. Reynold Maragni and Big Anthony Russo flipped afterward, with both of their damage being a bit less significant.

So in a two-year timeframe, the Colombos had high-ranking capo and a high-ranking associate flip and wear wires. Then you had all three admin members on the street get arrested, as well as a four capos, eight soldiers, and numerous associates, including two proposed members. Then Maragni and Big Anthony, two capos, flipped, and subsequent arrests including two high-ranking associates (Guerra and Michael Persico), another capo (Teddy Persico Jr.), another proposed member (Joseph Petillo) and the family's new acting consigliere (Tom Farese).
I was referring to maragni wearing a wire which caused tom farase to get busted. What im sayin is that besides that mob bust the colombos have stayed off the radar since mafia take down day in 2011.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:59 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:21 pm It wasn't a Reynold Maragni fuckup. The two drivers behind the bust were Paulie Guns Bevacqua, Tommy McLaughlin and, to a lesser extent, Peter Tagliavia. Reynold Maragni and Big Anthony Russo flipped afterward, with both of their damage being a bit less significant.

I was referring to maragni wearing a wire which caused tom farase to get busted. What im sayin is that besides that mob bust the colombos have stayed off the radar since mafia take down day in 2011.
Oh, sorry, lost in communication there.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

they are the one family that I feel will never come back to what it ever was ... which was never that stable
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:10 am https://scholar.google.co.nz/scholar_ca ... s_sdt=2006

that link isnt complete and wont work. do you mind posting again?
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Cheech wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:48 am

Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:48 am

thank you sir
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
bosslt
Associate

Post by bosslt »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:57 am Whos the rat that u thought was the biggest piece of shit? Had no loyalty, and was all for himself. Id prob say either colombo acting capo anthony russo or bonanno capo james tartaglione. Both low lives. Russo acted like he was the shit sayin he hated rats and all up until he got caught. Gave everyone up. Also heard he cried like a bitch at sentencing. Tartaglione on the other hand went to the feds before he even got arrested for a shorter sentence. Even bated wiseguys into incriminating themselves so he could take down more wiseguys. What do u guys have for the worst mob rat?
Frank Coppa.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

The rats are who you should be praising. They don't flip, we aren't here.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

Gravano or Casso for sure.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Massino.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:13 pmMassino.
I’m curious as to why Massino?
He rolled over a potential death penalty case.
Most rats roll for a lot less.

Not that he’s (to paraphrase Breslin) a ‘good rat’ but in comparison, surely flipping for much less, which many have done, make them worse?

And if define ‘good’ or ‘bad’ over their impact on LCN then Gravano trumps Massino easily.

(HIGHLY recommend the book by the way)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.