Kingpin - John Gotti

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Kingpin - John Gotti

Post by Mikeymike12 »

New show on the History Channel called Kingpin
Watched it and One part stood out cause I always thought Paul told Nino to take care of Roy.
(would make sense Nino get the order for being Roy’s captain and how close Paul and Nino were

-But In the show the story was Paul gave the contract to Frank Decicco to get rid of Roy D.
Which was it?
Phillymobbin
Associate

Re: Kingpin - John Gotti

Post by Phillymobbin »

These “documentaries” are filled with inaccuracies
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Phillymobbin wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:52 pm These “documentaries” are filled with inaccuracies
So are most of the books, even ones written by an F.B.I. agent like Bill Roemer who "invented" dialogue of what a Mob Boss said to someone else. lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

The most believable and rationale theory is that gaggi, senter, and testa killed roy. Paul told gaggi to do it.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Phillymobbin wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:52 pm These “documentaries” are filled with inaccuracies
Yeah I agree most of them you take with a gain of salt. This wasn’t some random people telling this it was Jerry C and George A
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:32 am
So are most of the books, even ones written by an F.B.I. agent like Bill Roemer who "invented" dialogue of what a Mob Boss said to someone else. lol
Is that the same guy who was interviewed in the old early 80s crime Inc. docs talking about how tough he was dealing with giancana? I think he invented dialogue in that as well acting like a big tough guy.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:15 pm
Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:32 am
Is that the same guy who was interviewed in the old early 80s crime Inc. docs talking about how tough he was dealing with giancana? I think he invented dialogue in that as well acting like a big tough guy.
That could have been him. I'm not sure. Bill Roemer was not a journalist because he was very biased in his books. he invented dialogue that never existed AND he did not accurately describe Outfit guys that he disliked. Instead, they were constantly downgraded and a guy like Accardo whom he personally liked could walk on water and do no wrong. LOL
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Guys what do you guys think about crime inc.? Is it a good documentary? I watched it for some time and wanted to hear your opinion.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Just watched it and Holy Shit. They don't have an editing department I don't think. I think it was expert John Miller who said fucking Castellano was Carlo Gambino's "Son-in-Law". Then they have a Gambino chart and a little down they have a picture of Capos. You know whose picture they show as Capos on the Gambino Chart? A picture of Chris Fucking Rosenberg. A degenerate car thief/drug dealing jew associate of Roy DeMeo they have pictured as a Capo of the Gambino Family. LOL. Ridiculous!!!!
Petespin
Associate

Post by Petespin »

Which documentaries would anyone recommend as the most accurate.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

aleksandrored wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:55 pm Guys what do you guys think about crime inc.? Is it a good documentary? I watched it for some time and wanted to hear your opinion.
Crime Inc was a very good doc
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

yatescj7781 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:58 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:55 pm Guys what do you guys think about crime inc.? Is it a good documentary? I watched it for some time and wanted to hear your opinion.
For me it's the best ever on the American Mob.. The creator made 7 episodes all covering different aspects of Mob Life. The doc series was made in the early 80's, so before the The Commission Case and Gravano so LCN was still in their heyday when it came out. That's why it would've been great if the creator, Martin Short, had made a follow-up series in the early 2000's to show how much damage the government has done. Inside the American Mob does cover those years and is also one of the best out there imo. If you watch these two docu series, then you basically have covered the all the, for lack of a better word, ''highlights'' in the history of the Mob..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

BillyBrizzi wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:07 am
yatescj7781 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:58 pm
For me it's the best ever on the American Mob.. The creator made 7 episodes all covering different aspects of Mob Life. The doc series was made in the early 80's, so before the The Commission Case and Gravano so LCN was still in their heyday when it came out. That's why it would've been great if the creator, Martin Short, had made a follow-up series in the early 2000's to show how much damage the government has done. Inside the American Mob does cover those years and is also one of the best out there imo. If you watch these two docu series, then you basically have covered the all the, for lack of a better word, ''highlights'' in the history of the Mob..
Thanks for the insight, I've never seen or even heard of these. The 7 parts are all on youtube (link below), I'll start watching these tonight.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn ... sAamgrptor
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:57 am Thanks for the insight, I've never seen or even heard of these. The 7 parts are all on youtube (link below), I'll start watching these tonight.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn ... sAamgrptor
Yeah, both docu series are on Youtube.. I kinda envy you for it, I wish I could see it all for the first time again. Enjoy!!!
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

If you are referring to the older doc with the english dude narrating, then
yes it was well made IMO. 4 part doc. It has Libonati interviewed. He
was a lawyer around Al Capone.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'