General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:03 pm If you want a good laugh:

https://nypost.com/2018/04/12/comey-say ... -mob-boss/
Comey's soul will burn in hell when he dies, which hopefully is soon. :mrgreen: LOL
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

how does write a book ?, / kurins and obrien lost their pensions for their book..violation of fbi rules..can anyone look into on what i remember on this issue/
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

bronx wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm how does write a book ?, / kurins and obrien lost their pensions for their book..violation of fbi rules..can anyone look into on what i remember on this issue/
Comey was fired so he doesn’t get a pension, so he has nothing to lose and everything ($$$) to gain with writing this book.......Soliai
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Soliai wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:21 pm
bronx wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm how does write a book ?, / kurins and obrien lost their pensions for their book..violation of fbi rules..can anyone look into on what i remember on this issue/
Comey was fired so he doesn’t get a pension, so he has nothing to lose and everything ($$$) to gain with writing this book.......Soliai
Don't know about his pension, but his SEVERENCE pay was ZERO. In 2013, his net worth that he reported was at least $11 million. He mainly became rich from being the general Counsel at Bridgewater Associates Hedge Funds and from his previous positions before becoming head of the F.B.I
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Yeah, I don't think he has anything to lose by doing a book. I am not a Trump fan, but Comey is making himself look dumb. Just fade away and enjoy your money dude.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Raven wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:35 pm Yeah, I don't think he has anything to lose by doing a book. I am not a Trump fan, but Comey is making himself look dumb. Just fade away and enjoy your money dude.
He's sounds like an asshole scorned woman writing his stupid gossip Book. You're right, he should just fade away and enjoy his wealth.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

thanks Soliai. so after the southern district he went to hedge fund company and made 11 million? he should be investigated,!
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

bronx wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 am thanks Soliai. so after the southern district he went to hedge fund company and made 11 million? he should be investigated,!
A good lawyer with a briefcase can steal more money than 100 men with guns. Where have I heard that before? :lol:
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

what did he do to deserve 11 mil? need to look into company when he was us attorney!
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I was wondering: how does the Mafia cope in a recession?
Of course there is the famous scene in The Sopranos where Tony and Sil talk about how the Mafia is historically recession-proof. But how do certain rackets compare?
Gamblers would naturally have less money to gamble. But would gambling as a whole decrease, or would these gamblers instead look towards loansharking? Certain gamblers with an addiction would naturally look to borrow some money, even if the recession means they are out of a job or their business is hurting. For the mob, the best case scenario would consist of everybody taking out loans to gamble as opposed to going into their own pocket. And loansharking isn't just limited to gambling. People with bad credit or whatever look to the mafia all the time for loans. In a recession, I can imagine this would only increase.
Drugs. When it comes to paying rent or paying for crack, addicts usually go for the crack. I don't think drugs would take an enormously measurable hit.
When it comes to hijacking, burglaries, etc., I doubt this would take a big hit. There will always be stuff to steal and fence.
I'm not sure how the unions would be affected. Negatively, I assume.

What spurred this thought was a wiretapped discussion on October 9, 2001, between loanshark James Ferretti and his superior, Colombo soldier Charles Tavernise. Ferretti complained that 9/11 made it difficult to get money from debtors, for some reason.
"You gotta get the interest every week; no excuses," replied Tavernise.
"He (Lombardo) doesn't want to hear it," Tavernise explained to Ferretti. "Things are tough for everybody. You gotta at least get the interest every week."
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:11 am I was wondering: how does the Mafia cope in a recession?
Of course there is the famous scene in The Sopranos where Tony and Sil talk about how the Mafia is historically recession-proof. But how do certain rackets compare?
Gamblers would naturally have less money to gamble. But would gambling as a whole decrease, or would these gamblers instead look towards loansharking? Certain gamblers with an addiction would naturally look to borrow some money, even if the recession means they are out of a job or their business is hurting. For the mob, the best case scenario would consist of everybody taking out loans to gamble as opposed to going into their own pocket. And loansharking isn't just limited to gambling. People with bad credit or whatever look to the mafia all the time for loans. In a recession, I can imagine this would only increase.
Drugs. When it comes to paying rent or paying for crack, addicts usually go for the crack. I don't think drugs would take an enormously measurable hit.
When it comes to hijacking, burglaries, etc., I doubt this would take a big hit. There will always be stuff to steal and fence.
I'm not sure how the unions would be affected. Negatively, I assume.

What spurred this thought was a wiretapped discussion on October 9, 2001, between loanshark James Ferretti and his superior, Colombo soldier Charles Tavernise. Ferretti complained that 9/11 made it difficult to get money from debtors, for some reason.
"You gotta get the interest every week; no excuses," replied Tavernise.
"He (Lombardo) doesn't want to hear it," Tavernise explained to Ferretti. "Things are tough for everybody. You gotta at least get the interest every week."
Depends on the family. Certain families rely more on gambling and loansharking, thus they’d take a bigger hit in business. Families like the gambinos and bonnanos, who ive heard are heavily in the drug business would do just fine in a recession.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

When do you say illegal Gambling, which games do you refer to specifically?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

aleksandrored wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:40 am When do you say illegal Gambling, which games do you refer to specifically?
Cards, sports, etc.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:35 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:40 am When do you say illegal Gambling, which games do you refer to specifically?
Cards, sports, etc.
Like Poker and blackjack right? Thanks!!!