former LCN boss who "talked"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

The Greek
Straightened out

Re: former LCN boss who "talked"

Post by The Greek »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm Fell in love with the early stuff about 3 years back primarily because of my own genealogy project, it’s the most interesting history because we are examining the roots of OC in this country. Fascinating stuff, keep it coming. Looking forward to that Black Hand Book about the Lima brothers in Marion, OH regarding that multi state case. That was a pretty fascinating story.
Same for me. The earlier the info is the more fascinating it is to me. Great stuff Ed!
Carlo
Associate

Post by Carlo »

A new book about the Society of the Banana has just been released called 'Ohio's Black Hand Syndicate: The Birth of Organized Crime in America' by David Meyers and Elise Meyers Walker.

Carlo
Associate

Post by Carlo »

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Carlo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 pm A new book about the Society of the Banana has just been released called 'Ohio's Black Hand Syndicate: The Birth of Organized Crime in America' by David Meyers and Elise Meyers Walker.

Can’t wait to read it. I’ve read about that case.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 pm
Carlo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 pm A new book about the Society of the Banana has just been released called 'Ohio's Black Hand Syndicate: The Birth of Organized Crime in America' by David Meyers and Elise Meyers Walker.

I will be ordering that as well, anything on mazzola I wonder ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 pm

I will be ordering that as well, anything on mazzola I wonder ?
No, this will strictly cover the Lima Brothers case and Society of the Banana.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Carlo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:17 pm Image
the true Mustache Petes
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Angelo Santino wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:33 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 am What was their first racket, packing fudge?

Pogo
You and those fuckin Soprano quotes, lol. You almost caught another one of my long-winded diatribes about the mob being a working class organization before I remembered the reference and we're discussing Frisco. ;)

Extorsion, robbery, counterfeiting, murder, insurance fraud, kidnapping for ransom are the standard for 1900-1910 for what members dabbled in. I'll say dabbled because they worked legitimate jobs. Not as fronts but as a way of making ends meet. This was before bootlegging and gambling appeared onto the scene so everyone was scraping. Most of them came from agricultural backgrounds so the elite of this "criminal fraternity" were semi-legitimate business owners with influence in their respective industries be it ice, wines or produce stores. I don't think any one of them envisioned a middle-class lifestyle derived solely from criminal activity anymore than people in the 1980's imagining working from home via the internet. We have the fortune of hindsight.
Very well said, reading this as I'm working from home lol
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Frank Salemme who had passed away cooperated with the government against John Connolly and Bulger. Although he ended up in a lot of trouble for not mentioning the Disarro hit probably to protect his son and his former friend Bobby Deluca.