Some mistakes in the Alite book

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Some mistakes in the Alite book

Post by NYNighthawk »

Nothing major but he mentions Louis "Louis Domes" Pacella of the Luchesse Family girlfriend coming out of a shower with just a towel on when he was visiting the apt. of a crony on gang business. I knew Louie from the Westchester Premier Theater case in the late 70's and he was not in the Luchesse family. He was a capo in the Genovese family and the mob's contact with Sinatra. And I doubt very much his girlfriend was hanging out in the apt of a crony of Alite. Also Alite mentioned he became baptized in the preface after turning state's evidence and would go further into detail later on in the book but never does. Again nothing major but it does make me question the fact checking or editing that went on with this book. How are the sales going after a month now? A second publishing planned?
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Some mistakes in the Alite book

Post by East Bronx »

NYNighthawk wrote:Nothing major but he mentions Louis "Louis Domes" Pacella of the Luchesse Family girlfriend coming out of a shower with just a towel on when he was visiting the apt. of a crony on gang business. I knew Louie from the Westchester Premier Theater case in the late 70's and he was not in the Luchesse family. He was a capo in the Genovese family and the mob's contact with Sinatra. And I doubt very much his girlfriend was hanging out in the apt of a crony of Alite. Also Alite mentioned he became baptized in the preface after turning state's evidence and would go further into detail later on in the book but never does. Again nothing major but it does make me question the fact checking or editing that went on with this book. How are the sales going after a month now? A second publishing planned?
I mentioned the EXACT same thing on RD last week (where I'm Pizzaboy).

http://www.realdeal-forum.com/forum/vie ... la#p365630

I'm certainly not defending the guy. I've posted my thoughts on the situation. Being half a rat is like being half pregnant. But I wouldn't go so far as to say that he should run away. Because the admin has obviously known about the proffer for years, so the rumors (which as you probably know have been around for ten years) about his being "Queen for a Day" are obviously true. They chased him instead of hitting him, and this was BEFORE all this media attention. No way they hit him now.

And I got a recent call about the Alite book from a friend who wanted to make me aware of something. I'm not gonna go into specifics. But on page 122 of the Alite/Anastasia book, they misidentify Louie Pacella as a "leader in the Lucchese family." The story that Alite tells there reeks of bullshit. But that's not the point.

The point is, Louie Dome was indeed a heavyweight. But he was a Westside guy. 116th Street crew all his life, with influence out in Astoria as well. He was identified as a Genovese soldier from as far back as the fifties, and as an acting skipper of the Buckaloo crew back in the seventies (in between Buckaloo and Sammy Black).

Now Alite can be forgiven for such a mistake because, well, what the fuck does he know about East Harlem? But for Anastasia to put his name to such a mistake was really sloppy of him.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.