tv show about new mafia boss of bosses, some of them being interviewed lol

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Re: tv show about new mafia boss of bosses, some of them being interviewed lol

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

If anyo e find that footage...please share
I been taught to listen to what's not said
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:50 pm Reminds me of when Geraldo tried to interview John Stanfa.
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:23 pm Did not ever hear about Geraldo ambushing Stanfa. I can imagine Stanfa's surly, mumbling half Ital/English reposne. Prob was a short conversation. :lol:
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:48 pm It was very short. Geraldo showed up at Stanfa's wholesale food distribution company. Needless to say, while I don't speak Sicilian, it was pretty apparent Stanfa had no interest in giving an interview. Lots of yelling. Wish I could find tge video. Tommy Scafidi later testified that Stanfa wanted to have Geraldo killed after that.
jimmy_beans8 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 pm If anyo e find that footage...please share
I'm looking but haven't found anything as of yet. Was this in 1993?

I found an old Philadelphia Weekly article about Scafidi, Straight From the Horsehead's Mouth (I had to archive the link, it wouldn't work otherwise)
It was during the mob wars of the '90s when Horsehead says he was ordered to kill TV reporter Geraldo Rivera by former mob boss John Stanfa, who's now serving a life sentence.

Stanfa had just made the papers as the acting mob boss. Rivera had decided to ambush Stanfa at his warehouse to ask if it was really true.

Rivera and a camera crew stormed the warehouse and got into an obscenity-laced confrontation with Stanfa.

"Get out of here," Stanfa yelled at the TV reporter on tape. Horsehead says a furious Stanfa later ordered him to kill Rivera, who couldn't be reached for comment for this story.

"Geraldo Rivera, I saved your life, and I almost got killed for it," Horsehead says. He says that if Rivera had returned to Philadelphia, "You and your cameraman would've never left that city alive. I'm not gonna go into detail about that, but he was going to kill you and two other reporters from Philadelphia."

The other reporters Stanfa wanted to whack, Horsehead says, were George Anastasia of the Inquirer and Kitty Caparella of the Daily News. Horsehead says the angry mob boss told him in broken English, "If that s%$c ever comes back, we're gonna make sure he never leaves this town alive."

Stanfa then explained to Horsehead that he wanted the job done like mob hits are carried out in Italy: by gunmen on motorcycles.

Horsehead said he had to tell the mob boss, "This isn't Italy. With all due respect, we can't kill reporters."

Stanfa's response, says Horsehead, was, "I don't give a fuck."

The plot to kill Anastasia by throwing a grenade through the window of his house was previously disclosed by other mob informants. Any plot to kill Caparella is news to her.

"I wasn't informed," she says.
And here's an old PW article about Geraldo Rivera that used to have a video, but I had to use an archive link to view the page so the media isn't visible: Geraldo Discusses Plan to Whack Him, Asks If He's Allowed To Be Angry
Last night, Geraldo's post-10 O'Clock News program, Geraldo at Large, came to Philadelphia to investigate the plan to kill him that was unveiled in a PW cover story last month and by Dave Schratweiser on Fox 29.

He talked with the man who said he knew of that plot and helped put a stop on it, mobster-turned-informant Gaetano "Tommy Horsehead" Scafidi. Here's a part near the end:
Rivera's two part interview with Scafidi aired on July 10th & 11th, 2006, I imagine they would have showed the Stanfa ambush interview when they talked to Scafidi so maybe someone can find that.
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

Between Capone’s vault fiasco and this Stanfa business, ole Geraldo keeps getting egg on his face with LCN