Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by dack2001 »

With Joey I don't know how you can even make a guess. Even the administration probably doesn't know in Philly. This trial sure didn't shine a light on anything, other than the fact the Feds can indict a ham sandwich if they want.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

dack2001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:29 am With Joey I don't know how you can even make a guess. Even the administration probably doesn't know in Philly. This trial sure didn't shine a light on anything, other than the fact the Feds can indict a ham sandwich if they want.

Nice tip of the hat to "The Clown!"
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Rocco wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 am
chubby wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm Even If Joey gets off its jsut going to piss the Feds off even more and they're just going to keep trying til they nail him... when you're a mob guy you have to be perfect with everything you do not to get indicted. The Feds only need 1 slip up or mistake and your ass is theirs. I know everyone thinks if he gets off he should for real retire and shit. But honestly Joey doesn't have the nest egg boss money that he should to put himself in a position to retire. He's one of those guys even if he's getting 100k in envelopes a month just means he's got 100k a month life style...
I doubt very much he is bringing 100k a month. Rest of the family has to eat too. And Philly doesnt have a large sports book like the NY families do. And any book Merlino touches personally loses some profitability since he ducks when he looses...lol
No fucking way he is getting that kind of tribute. None of them are in Philly unless they have exclusively entered the narcotics rackets
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

dack2001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:29 am This trial sure didn't shine a light on anything, other than the fact the Feds can indict a ham sandwich if they want.
+1
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I was in no way saying he's getting 100k in tribute a mo th I was just stating that even if he was he would spend it all no matter what he was getting. I really do wonder what some of the philly skippers are taking home a month though
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

From @RealMobTalk7:
Jury cannot make a decision and sent note to the judge saying they cannot come to a unamoious decision. Judge sent word back keep trying
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

dack2001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:29 am This trial sure didn't shine a light on anything, other than the fact the Feds can indict a ham sandwich if they want.
Agreed
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

monarch wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:22 pm From @RealMobTalk7:
Jury cannot make a decision and sent note to the judge saying they cannot come to a unamoious decision. Judge sent word back keep trying
Would be funny if that lady was the hold out for a aquittel
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

If true, Merlino walks.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Stroccos wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm
Would be funny if that lady was the hold out for a aquittel
I’d even suggest likely
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Confederate wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:28 pm
If true, Merlino walks.
Only a mistrial not acquittal
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm
If true, Merlino walks.
A mistrial could give the government a chance to tighten up there case and have another a crack at Joey and possibly get him to consider a deal.

Kind Regards

John W
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

John, you're right it could give the government a chance to take another crack at Merlino or it could give them a reason to dismiss the charges against him. If I'm the government though I would think long and hard about dismissing. Essentially, they had to pay Merlino thousands of dollars through Rubeo just to try to add him to the case to put him in jail. That's not how the system is supposed to work.
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

From Dave Schratwieser:
Judge orders Merlino jury to continue deliberations Friday morning. Deadlocked on all 4 counts.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm
If true, Merlino walks.
Correctamundo.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".