Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by chubby »

Even If Joey gets off its jsut going to piss the Feds off even more and they're just going to keep trying til they nail him... when you're a mob guy you have to be perfect with everything you do not to get indicted. The Feds only need 1 slip up or mistake and your ass is theirs. I know everyone thinks if he gets off he should for real retire and shit. But honestly Joey doesn't have the nest egg boss money that he should to put himself in a position to retire. He's one of those guys even if he's getting 100k in envelopes a month just means he's got 100k a month life style...
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

And not to mention the cost of this trial probsbly fucked off all the money he did have or was getting... these lawyers aren't cheap
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Yeah chubby but you’re forgetting Joey’s Eagles came in. And he would’ve had the house on his Eagles.
So Edwin should be taken care of.

What Joey SHOULD learn from all this?
That as boss, ..... DELEGATE!
He should never have said two words to Rubeo, or Lovaglio, or Rooster, concerning anything other than the time of day. The only people Joey should ever be saying more than two words too, is Mazzone or Ciang. Or whoever his number 2 and 3 are. The only reason Joeys on trial is that he broke this rule. He’d never be anywhere near this courtroom if it wasn’t for Rubeo having him directly on tape. Which for a boss, to be caught, by an ASSOCIATE OF ANOTHER FAMILY, on tape, is inexcusable.
Joey gets a pass on this, only talks to one or two guys in Philly, and who knows, maybe he does a DiFronzo and rides off into the sunset. Unlikely, but who knows.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Teflon john
Straightened out

Post by Teflon john »

They got him on tape,so what? They dont have him talking about any crime. No gambling,no extortion,no fraud,they dont have him saying one word about that pain cream. All they have is the word of a junkie fuck saying that the Feds wanted him to get Merlino and that he was paid to do it. Maybe Joey shouldnt even have said hello to this fuck but they got no evidence except the word of a paid piece of shit,if Joey's lawyer is any good at all then he should walk. As far as all the Merlino-haters on here,all i can say is at least he's not a fuckin rat,he has kept his mouth shut every time he has been in trouble,he could have took the Feds money,flipped,moved to Montana or wherever and had Anastasia write a book for him a long time ago but he didnt,thats probably why old George dont like him.
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

chubby wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm Even If Joey gets off its jsut going to piss the Feds off even more and they're just going to keep trying til they nail him... when you're a mob guy you have to be perfect with everything you do not to get indicted. The Feds only need 1 slip up or mistake and your ass is theirs. I know everyone thinks if he gets off he should for real retire and shit. But honestly Joey doesn't have the nest egg boss money that he should to put himself in a position to retire. He's one of those guys even if he's getting 100k in envelopes a month just means he's got 100k a month life style...
Joey is a typical street guy degenerate. Flushed with cash off a score and broke by the end of the month. He might have some legitimate holdings from investments but I think he loves the street life and will probably be doing more time behind bars at some point.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

So you guys don't think Merlino saw any of that $157 million coin pound cream money?
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 pm Yeah chubby but you’re forgetting Joey’s Eagles came in. And he would’ve had the house on his Eagles.
So Edwin should be taken care of.

What Joey SHOULD learn from all this?
That as boss, ..... DELEGATE!
He should never have said two words to Rubeo, or Lovaglio, or Rooster, concerning anything other than the time of day. The only people Joey should ever be saying more than two words too, is Mazzone or Ciang. Or whoever his number 2 and 3 are. The only reason Joeys on trial is that he broke this rule. He’d never be anywhere near this courtroom if it wasn’t for Rubeo having him directly on tape. Which for a boss, to be caught, by an ASSOCIATE OF ANOTHER FAMILY, on tape, is inexcusable.
Joey gets a pass on this, only talks to one or two guys in Philly, and who knows, maybe he does a DiFronzo and rides off into the sunset. Unlikely, but who knows.
That all makes sense in Philly, but he doesn't have any of his guys in Florida or NYC where the crimes took place.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Teddy Persico wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:52 pm So you guys don't think Merlino saw any of that $157 million coin pound cream money?
Yeah he did ,
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Then he's far from broke.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Teddy Persico wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:52 pm So you guys don't think Merlino saw any of that $157 million coin pound cream money?
From the amounts of money that I heard Kriseberg testifying about when I sat in on the trial last week, no way the total came anywhere close to $157 million.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

sdeitche wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 am
From the amounts of money that I heard Kriseberg testifying about when I sat in on the trial last week, no way the total came anywhere close to $157 million.
Can you give any details on his testimony?
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

sdeitche wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 am
Krisberg was only a small part , I believe the 157 million would be also including the New York guys ,
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:39 am
Yeah he did ,
he gambled it all away but made some of it back when the eagle won....lol
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

chubby wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm Even If Joey gets off its jsut going to piss the Feds off even more and they're just going to keep trying til they nail him... when you're a mob guy you have to be perfect with everything you do not to get indicted. The Feds only need 1 slip up or mistake and your ass is theirs. I know everyone thinks if he gets off he should for real retire and shit. But honestly Joey doesn't have the nest egg boss money that he should to put himself in a position to retire. He's one of those guys even if he's getting 100k in envelopes a month just means he's got 100k a month life style...
I doubt very much he is bringing 100k a month. Rest of the family has to eat too. And Philly doesnt have a large sports book like the NY families do. And any book Merlino touches personally loses some profitability since he ducks when he looses...lol