Ontario Mobster Angelo Musitano shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Ontario Mobster Angelo Musitano shot dead

Post by antimafia »

"Hamilton mobster Angelo Musitano was stalked by multiple people before murder, police say"

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... e-say.html
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

The Star article says this: "Police also believe Angelo Musitano was involved in two restaurant bombings in 1990, according to the documents."

So they suspect him of bombing two restaurants when he was twelve? I guess they start young in Canada.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Musitano update expected at York police news conference

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8086 ... conference
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Expert: Rival mobsters want to obliterate Musitano crime family

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/e ... me-family/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

I'm cross-posting, having already posted on Gangster BB what you see below.

An interesting exchange on Twitter tonight between organized-crime author James Dubro and ex-Hamilton Police Service officer Paul Manning--the latter was responding to the tweet from yesterday in which Dubro posted a link to the Toronto Sun article you see mentioned just a bit farther below (Dubro was quoted in the article).

https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/9 ... 9810050050
James Dubro @jamesdubro
2:41 PM - 24 Jan 2018

Expert: Rival mobsters want to obliterate Musitano crime family http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/e ... me-family/. A twofer-1 hit team for two sep mob killings. Pat Musitano days numbered, but He still has his crew & still has hand in many criminal enterprises including now online gambling partnership & d

https://twitter.com/mobinfiltrator/stat ... 4151450624
Paul Manning @mobinfiltrator
Replying to @jamesdubro
9:16 PM - 25 Jan 2018

Nope, Pat’s strong as ever. Especially now the Violis are inside. Ang was dispatched for different reason and his murder has nothing to do with York homicide. Same striker is all, motive different.

https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/9 ... 0332647424
James Dubro @jamesdubro
James Dubro retweeted Paul Manning
10:02 PM - 25 Jan 2018

Possible . Pat is still v active in Hamilton & elsewhere. & Hit man team may have been contracted for the 2 diff hits as they get the job done though killing the wrong person isn’t great hit
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

It isn't the first time Dubro has claimed a certain mobster's day are numbered..

Is it unthinkable that Musitano may have killed his own brother?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

I suspect that when shots were fired into Pat Musitano's house almost eight weeks after Angelo was killed last May, anyone who is a mobwatcher wondered whether Pat would be next. The ex-police officer seems to disagree with Dubro, and Manning makes a strong point about Pat's power growing as a result of Paolo Violi's sons being in jail at the moment.

Last year I had read reliable posts and comments on Facebook that there were a number of people stationed outside Pat's residence after Angelo was killed. If you're arguing that Pat might have had his brother murdered because Angelo ostensibly became a born-again Christian and wrote a confessional memoir, then that would seem to eliminate other theories as to why he was killed: retribution for being behind the murders of Carm Barillaro and John Papalia, the jockeying by Italian organized crime for prominence in the medical-marijuana industry in the Greater Toronto Area, the same type of jockeying for control of cocaine trafficking, or a simple settling of accounts. If what Angelo wrote were widely disseminated, the argument as to why he was killed would be stronger. But as far as I know, no one has been able to get their hands on this memoir.

Then there is the issue of whether Vito Rizzuto's death has led to murders and other violence in Ontario (the Italian underworld in particular), where the Montreal Mafia has had allies (including 'ndrangheta members in the Toronto area), has had people operating, and has set up businesses or has stakes in them. Most of the murders and violence in Ontario's Italian underworld since Carmine Verduci's death in April 2014 has involved or been directed at 'ndrangheta members or those closely tied to the 'ndrangheta (Calabrian associates like Tony Sergi and Sicilian allies like the Cuntreras).
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Yes it doesn't seem likely Pat killed Angelo if you look at the fact that shots were fired at his house after the murder and him taking a low profile. But then again, if rivals want to obliterate the Musitano family, why didn't they take out Pat first instead of a born again Christian? They've given Pat a head start by warning him he's a marked man if that's the case.

John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

No way Pat had his brother killed, I think he was killed for the sins of his past.

Kind Regards

John W
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

It's a viable although less likely theory.

For sins of the past is the most attractive theory. Usually you do not get away with killing a made member of another family let alone a capo. For that alone the Musitanos had it coming for a long time and mafiosi take all the time in the world for revenge. It certainly wouldn't be a coincidence that they are targeted now that their beneficiary from Montreal is no longer around. Could very well be coming from the Violis based on latest intel that they may have been made into the Buffalo family and the Luppinos had a good relationship with Papalia. That might explain why they killed the younger brother first in order to let the elder brother suffer before meeting his fate too.

antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:04 pm It's a viable although less likely theory.

For sins of the past is the most attractive theory. Usually you do not get away with killing a made member of another family let alone a capo. For that alone the Musitanos had it coming for a long time and mafiosi take all the time in the world for revenge. It certainly wouldn't be a coincidence that they are targeted now that their beneficiary from Montreal is no longer around. Could very well be coming from the Violis based on latest intel that they may have been made into the Buffalo family and the Luppinos had a good relationship with Papalia. That might explain why they killed the younger brother first in order to let the elder brother suffer before meeting his fate too.
On Gangster BB I posted just a bit earlier in a thread about the Angelo Musitano hit and I made a reference to Peter Edwards's July 30, 2017 article "Shootings, explosions, killings and the bloody fight to be ‘the next boss’ after mobster Vito Rizzuto’s death" (https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... death.html) in which Edwards quoted the ex-Hamilton Police Service undercover officer Paul Manning several times.

Manning doesn't seem to think that there are rivals who want to take out the Musitano group. His take on the shots fired into Pat's home is that this act was sufficient to convey the message that Pat shouldn't entertain any ideas about avenging Angelo's murder--what I get from this is that if the Musitano group's rivals wanted to kill Pat, they would have done so already and thus there was no need to kill Pat first. Manning's observation about Angelo's murder not being tied to the botched killing of Mila Barberi in Vaughan (north of Toronto) does make you wonder whether there is a team of hitmen who will work for 'ndrangheta groups that are supposedly allies. For example, let's say that Violi's sons hired the hitmen to kill Angelo. Why would the hitmen also accept the contract to kill Saverio Serrano, son of the infamous cocaine trafficker who has ties to the GTA Siderno Group?

That June 1, 1998 article by Adrian Humphreys that I e-mailed you all those years ago ("The sons also rise: A younger generation appears to be taking over the mob's business") still seems to explain the current relationship between the Musitanos and the Hamilton-area-based Violis--on the surface, the two groups get along, with Pat deferring to Domenico Violi. James Dubro said last year that Pat and the Violi sons still seem to get along. Dean Paquette, the Musitanos' longtime lawyer who the Musitanos considered to be like family, has also represented the Violi sons in court.

If you contact Dubro on social media (Facebook, Twitter) and ask him nicely what he thinks or has heard about the violence in Hamilton, he'll tell you privately. Rocco Papalia still calls him out of the blue. Dubro may also tell you which new 'ndrangheta cell from Italy seems to have established itself in Hamilton in order to possibly wrest drug territory from the Musitanos.

These are all the theories I've documented as to why Angelo Musitano was killed (in no order of which I favour):

1. Revenge for plotting the murders of John Papalia and Carm Barillaro (mobwatchers neglect to mention the latter's death).

2. Italian organized-crime groups violently fighting over profits and terriory in the medical-marijuana industry in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).

3. The same type of jockeying for control of cocaine trafficking--in particular as a result of the aforementioned 'ndrangheta cell from Italy that could be encroaching on the Musitanos' territory.

4. A pre-emptive strike by hitman Ken Murdock, hired by the Musitanos to kill both Papalia and Barillaro and successful in his attempts, who might have been worried after his release about retribution by the Musitano brothers (maybe now just worried about retribution by Pat).

5. A joint effort by the Wolf Pack and Rizzuto loyalists in Montreal to push their way into the Niagara Region, having already possibly made an incursion into the GTA.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 pm I'm cross-posting, having already posted on Gangster BB what you see below.

An interesting exchange on Twitter tonight between organized-crime author James Dubro and ex-Hamilton Police Service officer Paul Manning--the latter was responding to the tweet from yesterday in which Dubro posted a link to the Toronto Sun article you see mentioned just a bit farther below (Dubro was quoted in the article).

https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/9 ... 9810050050
James Dubro @jamesdubro
2:41 PM - 24 Jan 2018

Expert: Rival mobsters want to obliterate Musitano crime family http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/e ... me-family/. A twofer-1 hit team for two sep mob killings. Pat Musitano days numbered, but He still has his crew & still has hand in many criminal enterprises including now online gambling partnership & d

https://twitter.com/mobinfiltrator/stat ... 4151450624
Paul Manning @mobinfiltrator
Replying to @jamesdubro
9:16 PM - 25 Jan 2018

Nope, Pat’s strong as ever. Especially now the Violis are inside. Ang was dispatched for different reason and his murder has nothing to do with York homicide. Same striker is all, motive different.

https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/9 ... 0332647424
James Dubro @jamesdubro
James Dubro retweeted Paul Manning
10:02 PM - 25 Jan 2018

Possible . Pat is still v active in Hamilton & elsewhere. & Hit man team may have been contracted for the 2 diff hits as they get the job done though killing the wrong person isn’t great hit
Cross-posting again, having just posted on Gangster BB what you see below.

I missed the tweet below by James Dubro; it was part of the above Twitter thread. Please note that "NF" stands for Niagara Falls; that Welland is a city in the Niagara Region.

https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/9 ... 3763193856
James Dubro @jamesdubro
11:25 PM - 25 Jan 2018

Pat Musitano I just found out by thru a v credible mob street source has a new online gambling op working with some ppl in welland & NF as well as with native entrepreneurs & others on the other side of the border. So he’s not dead yet but still certaintly imperiled by rivals
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Ontario Mobster Angelo Musitano shot dead

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:
Lupara wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:04 pm It's a viable although less likely theory.

On Gangster BB I posted just a bit earlier in a thread about the Angelo Musitano hit and I made a reference to Peter Edwards's July 30, 2017 article "Shootings, explosions, killings and the bloody fight to be ‘the next boss’ after mobster Vito Rizzuto’s death" (https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... death.html) in which Edwards quoted the ex-Hamilton Police Service undercover officer Paul Manning several times.

Manning doesn't seem to think that there are rivals who want to take out the Musitano group. His take on the shots fired into Pat's home is that this act was sufficient to convey the message that Pat shouldn't entertain any ideas about avenging Angelo's murder--what I get from this is that if the Musitano group's rivals wanted to kill Pat, they would have done so already and thus there was no need to kill Pat first. Manning's observation about Angelo's murder not being tied to the botched killing of Mila Barberi in Vaughan (north of Toronto) does make you wonder whether there is a team of hitmen who will work for 'ndrangheta groups that are supposedly allies. For example, let's say that Violi's sons hired the hitmen to kill Angelo. Why would the hitmen also accept the contract to kill Saverio Serrano, son of the infamous cocaine trafficker who has ties to the GTA Siderno Group?

That June 1, 1998 article by Adrian Humphreys that I e-mailed you all those years ago ("The sons also rise: A younger generation appears to be taking over the mob's business") still seems to explain the current relationship between the Musitanos and the Hamilton-area-based Violis--on the surface, the two groups get along, with Pat deferring to Domenico Violi. James Dubro said last year that Pat and the Violi sons still seem to get along. Dean Paquette, the Musitanos' longtime lawyer who the Musitanos considered to be like family, has also represented the Violi sons in court.

If you contact Dubro on social media (Facebook, Twitter) and ask him nicely what he thinks or has heard about the violence in Hamilton, he'll tell you privately. Rocco Papalia still calls him out of the blue. Dubro may also tell you which new 'ndrangheta cell from Italy seems to have established itself in Hamilton in order to possibly wrest drug territory from the Musitanos.

These are all the theories I've documented as to why Angelo Musitano was killed (in no order of which I favour):

1. Revenge for plotting the murders of John Papalia and Carm Barillaro (mobwatchers neglect to mention the latter's death).

2. Italian organized-crime groups violently fighting over profits and terriory in the medical-marijuana industry in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).

3. The same type of jockeying for control of cocaine trafficking--in particular as a result of the aforementioned 'ndrangheta cell from Italy that could be encroaching on the Musitanos' territory.

4. A pre-emptive strike by hitman Ken Murdock, hired by the Musitanos to kill both Papalia and Barillaro and successful in his attempts, who might have been worried after his release about retribution by the Musitano brothers (maybe now just worried about retribution by Pat).

5. A joint effort by the Wolf Pack and Rizzuto loyalists in Montreal to push their way into the Niagara Region, having already possibly made an incursion into the GTA.
Good analysis and appreciated as always. I do still have that article you once send me. It seems to me that Angelo Musitano may have never left his criminal life and that this born-again Christian stuff is just a facade.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I think there is no doubt the born again shit was all b.s., and I think there is no way Pat had Angelo killed.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

"1 year on, few answers in Musitano gangland slaying"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ ... -1.4646895