New York Mafia 2018: Who’s up, Who’s down, Who’s the strongest

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

willychichi
Full Patched

New York Mafia 2018: Who’s up, Who’s down, Who’s the strongest

Post by willychichi »

As we begin to make our way into the new year we take a look at the status of the New York Mafia families

Genovese Crime Family: It was reported back in 2016 that Liborio Bellomo was the new boss and he continues to lead the way although the rest of the hierarchy remains a topic of debate. The Genovese family is probably still the largest of the NY Mob families in terms of numbers although its unclear as to whether or not that still makes them the strongest. While they continue to find a way to avoid the turncoat problems some of the other families are dealing with they did have some bumps in the road over the last year.

Read more: http://aboutthemafia.com/new-york-mafia ... -strongest
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Chucky
Full Patched

Re: New York Mafia 2018: Who’s up, Who’s down, Who’s the strongest

Post by Chucky »

Is the rest of the hierarchy really up for debate? Bellomo is boss, and DiChiara was identified by Capeci as the consiglieri & street boss. The only thing unknown is who the underboss is.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

That site has Mannino as Gambino Consig. Is that just pure speculation or was that said somewhere and i missed it?

Also the Colombo part was pretty hilarious to me. "The family has been stuck in the past for far too long and its ability to remain as a viable organization may depend on its ability to finally break free from the Persico regime." as if the non Persico's are battered wives or something.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Camo wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:47 pm That site has Mannino as Gambino Consig. Is that just pure speculation or was that said somewhere and i missed it?

Take a wild guess. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

If mannino is the consigliere then what about jojo ?
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Any educated guesses on who the Genovese underboss is?
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

There's not much point in guessing, i mean i doubt anyone would have guessed Dichiara's role before it was revealed. Anyway, Muscarella and Leo are the two who were identified as Acting Bosses or on Ruling Panels in recent memory who aren't 100 years old so possibly one of those.
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

Sorry for the double post it was a mistake
i am new here so i am not familier
I tried to edit because i don't know why there is a link to amazon when i wrote jojo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

On the site it says many now think the Gambinos are the strongest family. Not sure who those people are.
All roads lead to New York.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

the chin 123 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:06 pm
the chin 123 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm If mannino is the consigliere then what about jojo ?
Corozzo was replaced as consigliere by bobby vernace and it wasn’t on an acting basis . I presume if they were keeping the spot open for corozzo then vernace would have been named acting consigliere . The fact he wasn’t maybe tells us corozzo isn’t getting that spot back .
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Hailbritain wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 pm
the chin 123 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:06 pm
the chin 123 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm If mannino is the consigliere then what about jojo ?
Corozzo was replaced as consigliere by bobby vernace and it wasn’t on an acting basis . I presume if they were keeping the spot open for corozzo then vernace would have been named acting consigliere . The fact he wasn’t maybe tells us corozzo isn’t getting that spot back .
What was that thing I read about Jojo having bipolar disorder? I assume bullshit but i don't know.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

This article's idea of the Persico regime is pretty strange. They seemed to look at a mob chart and glance at who has the Persico surname, and assume that was it.
They are forgetting (of the top of my head):
Andy Russo, who is a first cousin to Carmine, and is the family's most recently identified street boss. His son Billy is also a capo.
Tom Farese who runs the family's Florida faction. He is married to Carmine's niece.
Donnie Montemarano was recalled as acting underboss in 2011. Him and Carmine were best friends when they were younger and when Carmine got a life sentence and moved to Lompoc, Donnie moved down to California to stay close to him.
John Franzese and his nephew Mike. Their family is very close to the Persicos and John goes back 50+ years with Carmine.
Tom Petrizzo is a Persico inlaw and is apparently back in the Persico's good graces after the civil war.
Speaking of which, the Orena kids seem to be on good terms with the Persicos nowadays? At least that's what I can gather from Facebook, there are all corresponding and interacting with each other.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I always questioned the validity of Vernace being consigliere, wasn't he off the streets since 2010 or 2011.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Frank wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am I always questioned the validity of Vernace being consigliere, wasn't he off the streets since 2010 or 2011.
Corrozzo went away in 08, that's probably when Vernace got upped to consigliere, then he was arrested in 2011, he wasn't sentenced to life until 2014 so that's probably when they named a new consigliere.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 pm On the site it says many now think the Gambinos are the strongest family. Not sure who those people are.
after you do the vote you can see the results. and it came really close. 50% said Genovese. 48% said Gambino. and 2 said Lukes lol.

WG, i wouldnt say the Gambinos were #1 but I would think a close 2. I think it has to do w the romanticism ppl have with not only the Gambino Family but also the Zips. Part of the fun w Gambinos was the arguments over whos boss which started Back when ppl would say Nicky Corozzo was boss.

I find the current Gambino Family most interesting rn tho w the zips and then a lot of ppl coming out. Nicky gets out 2020 i believe..
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.