Connolly’s conviction and relationship with Bulger revisited

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

willychichi
Full Patched

Connolly’s conviction and relationship with Bulger revisited

Post by willychichi »

Florida appeals court reconsiders ex-FBI agent's murder case

A former FBI agent convicted in a decades-old South Florida slaying linked to Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger should be freed from prison because he was improperly found guilty and wrongly sentenced, his attorney told a Florida appeals court Thursday. A three-judge panel of the 3rd District Court of Appeal agreed last year, tossing out John Connolly's second-degree murder conviction and 40-year prison sentence. State prosecutors persuaded the full 10-judge court to reconsider and oral arguments were held Thursday. A decision is likely weeks or months away and further appeals are possible. The key issues are two guns and the fact that Connolly was 1,500 miles away in Massachusetts when a Bulger hit man, John Martorano, fatally shot World Jai-Alai President John Callahan in Fort Lauderdale in 1982. Prosecutors say Connolly provided Bulger and his cohorts with tips that Callahan was likely to implicate the gangsters in another slaying. The jury that convicted Connolly in 2008 found that, as an FBI agent, he would have been carrying a firearm during these discussions. Although that gun was not used in the Callahan slaying, the jury's finding to "reclassify" the charge was enough to overcome a statute of limitations in place in 1982 that would have required Connolly's acquittal.

Read more at: http://am860theanswer.com/news/articles ... urder-case

See more at: http://am860theanswer.com/news/articles ... 2PdaS.dpuf
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Re: Connolly’s conviction and relationship with Bulger revis

Post by dixiemafia »

While I think he should rot in prison, the extra charge because he was carrying his FBI issued gun is beyond ludicrous. This will get interesting though.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Delete
Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Connelly commited the ultimate betrayal upon society. There is no way in hell this guy is getting released. He is coming out in a box. Anything else is a pipedream.
Teflon john
Straightened out

Post by Teflon john »

Anybody seen a trailer for Black Mass? The film about Bulger and Connolly starring Johnny Depp as Whitey. Does anybody think it will be accurate and worth watching. I don't and have never followed the Irish Mob but i will probably check it out when it's released simply for entertainment and considering how good Donnie Brasco was.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Connolly should rot in prison, as an FBI agent to assist in helping Bulger kill witnesses makes him just as responsible, if not more.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Teflon john wrote:Anybody seen a trailer for Black Mass? The film about Bulger and Connolly starring Johnny Depp as Whitey. Does anybody think it will be accurate and worth watching. I don't and have never followed the Irish Mob but i will probably check it out when it's released simply for entertainment and considering how good Donnie Brasco was.
Boston had other Irishmen who were more dangerous than Whitey, I know he had some clout, but I always thought the media sensationalized him. Any locals want to chime in to paint a picture of Boston's Irish scene?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Delete
Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Delete
Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

IRA wrote:
Teflon john wrote:Anybody seen a trailer for Black Mass? The film about Bulger and Connolly starring Johnny Depp as Whitey. Does anybody think it will be accurate and worth watching. I don't and have never followed the Irish Mob but i will probably check it out when it's released simply for entertainment and considering how good Donnie Brasco was.
It will be accurate, but this production company should have never got the rights to make it. Mark Wahlberg and his people should have made it or Affleck and Damon. If the 3 of those guys got along they could have made it the best movie in a long time. The actors on this Black Mass movie are good, with Depp being the main attraction, but the guys I just mentioned would have acted in it themselves and got a much better cast. They are local boys and they know the story better than this crew that made the movie. Now this will be the only movie made on it and it's not the whole story of the Winter Hill Gang. It will still be a blockbuster, but could have been way better, comes out in the fall of 2015. If Scorcese actually makes the movie about Jonny Martorano then it will wipe this film out and be the most accurate, but that has pretty much died on the vine as well like the old Winter Hill script

Last I heard, I thought Affleck & Damon had a deal in place with Warner Brothers? http://screenrant.com/ben-affleck-matt- ... 2013-2014/

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Delete
Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Connected to the Boston Mob? This Could Be Your Big Break

Read more: http://www.boston.com/entertainment/tv/ ... story.html
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.