Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yes but that was disproven. His indictment made no mention of him being the UnderBoss. Capeci never reported it either.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 pm Yes but that was disproven. His indictment made no mention of him being the UnderBoss. Capeci never reported it either.

Pogo
Yes, I am not saying he was the underboss, I am saying that even if he was it wouldn't have made a difference, his duties wouldn't have changed.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The only way it matters is you want a accurate leadership history. But yes the street boss job is basically what most of the underboss's did back in the day. I thought I read were DiFiore was official underboss and acting boss or street boss but then he got busted. Then it came out about the ruling panel. Both him being acting boss and the ruling panel didn't last long. Well it won't be to much longer Mancuso is released.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

So it's not official about Difiore being underboss. It was pure speculation on my part about Santora being underboss since he had so many acting Capos and previously held the position
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Frank wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:42 pm So it's not official about Difiore being underboss. It was pure speculation on my part about Santora being underboss since he had so many acting Capos and previously held the position
Yes, speculation on both guys.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:05 pm - A ruling panel with Mancuso, Cammarano, and a guy like Rabito (maybe DiFiore, Santora, Graziano, etc.)
What is this, the fuckin UN now?
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:05 pm - Mancuso steps down to consigliere or something similar. Cammarano's duties won't change, but now he will be the official boss as opposed to acting.
- A shooting war. That would be the most devastating option for the Bonannos, hard to see them recovering from something like that. It seems Palazzolo and Mancuso were already preparing for the possibility of something like that by cultivating all those young, violent guys like Patty Maiorino, Enzo Stagno, Frankie Salerno, Ernie Aiello. Then it will probably be a Colombo-type situation where the whole family erupts with informants and arrests and fails to recover for years.
Agree with your analysis. You’d have to think a panel would be the most likely outcome though whether that’s a viable long term option is arguable.
Can’t see Mancuso stepping down after doing all this time.
A war would turn into the Columbo fiasco, with as you say, rats and arrests decimating the family which if not killing it, leaving it floundering for possibly decades.
You’d assume cooler heads would prevail and the other families would intervene to avoid the ensuring attention.

Be an interesting watch.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

No I wasn't speculating about DiFiore I didn't know that it had changed that he never was underboss. So is it official that Mancuso was official boss since 2010??
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Frank wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 pm No I wasn't speculating about DiFiore I didn't know that it had changed that he never was underboss. So is it official that Mancuso was official boss since 2010??
Confirmed that he was official boss 2012-Onwards but suspected that he was boss 2010-Onwards due to the Badalamenti thing I mentioned.

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 pm No I wasn't speculating about DiFiore I didn't know that it had changed that he never was underboss. So is it official that Mancuso was official boss since 2010??
Confirmed that he was official boss 2012-Onwards but suspected that he was boss 2010-Onwards due to the Badalamenti thing I mentioned.
Thanks
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:03 pm Actually was it ever confirmed that DiFiore was official underboss. Didn't somebody post that Nicky Santoro might have been official underboss.

DiFiore was never the UnderBoss. Nothing has come out about Santora regaining the Acting UndeBoss slot after his release from prison. It doesn't appear that the fmily had an Offcial UnderBoss from the time Vitale flipped in February 2003 until sometime in 2015 when it came out that Cammarano Jr. got it.

Pogo
Yeah capeci only ever reported difiore being the acting boss of the bonnano family , he also stated he was street boss on occasions
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Capeci also stated difiore was a captain in 2000 when he won a sit down against the gambino family regarding the extortion of an adult entertainment store owner
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Hailbritain wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:50 am Capeci also stated difiore was a captain in 2000 when he won a sit down against the gambino family regarding the extortion of an adult entertainment store owner
Yes it seems DiFiore was a capo long before his promotion to street boss. Originally Queens-based but moved out to the Island.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i dont get the whole switching of terminology. such as a UB also wanting to be a street boss when boss is in prison. thst usually id think basically make UB for all intensive purposes boss.

if crews were ready to go to war in 2015 (palazollo bust) it could be quite possible they'd be willing to in 2019 when he gets out.

i wonder if any if this has anything to do w the fight for Canada. i doubt it...

has the Grimaldi crews ever pushed for leadership?
so would nicky santora or fish rabito run crews? seems Rabito could be consiglere position... but what about santora?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Rocco wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 am My Theory to Asaro Tapes is that the Street Boss Tommy from Long Island is who the Capos and Soldiers on the street answer too. So that is there Boss. That is the guy in charge of guys on the street , the money etc. Street Boss dictates who kicks up what etc. Mancuso selects who the street Boss is etc. But Mancuso is not involved in daily money disputes with guys on the street under him its impossible for him to do so. So for all intense purposes the Street Boss is the only Boss that matters to guys on the street when money is involved etc.c
is there anywhere we can see the transcripts?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:38 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:15 pm Which leads me to conclude that either:
A) Mancuso is no longer boss
B) Cammarano is not the UB/Acting
C) Mancuso supported Cammarano not Palazzolo
D) there never was any discontent let alone war in the family.

One of the above HAS to be true as the official line is a nonsense.
In my opinion
The official line looks deceiving, but I don't think it is nonsense. Mancuso has the official boss title, but Cammarano holds the power in the family. Mancuso promoted Camamrano to AB/UB and let him control the day-to-day in the family, and Cammarano let Mancuso hold on to his seat. It's not a case of Mancuso giving away the AB/UB seat to Cammarano, it's a case of the two coming to a compromise. Nobody wants war in this day and age, shootings would be disastrous to both Mancuso's side and Cammarano's side. We can probably credit Tony Rabito for helping the two come to a compromise.
Spot on. Everyone ends up going to jail when a war occurs.
The Colombo Family proved that.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'