Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I guess I'm arguing against the notion that the boroughs are these entities where all the crews are united and that the borough with the most crews/most powerful crews chooses the Boss/is the "real power" in the family. That idea is a forum creation. It just doesn't work that way in the real world.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:27 pm I guess I'm arguing against the notion that the boroughs are these entities where all the crews are united and that the borough with the most crews/most powerful crews chooses the Boss/is the "real power" in the family. That idea is a forum creation. It just doesn't work that way in the real world.

Pogo
I agree with what you're saying, Pogo, and I apologize if what I said indicated that I thought otherwise.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Obviously the borough with the most crews/most powerful crews picks, or has weight in choosing the boss.

Do you think Connecticut has the same weight in vote as New Jersey for the Westside?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:34 pm Obviously the borough with the most crews/most powerful crews picks, or has weight in choosing the boss.

Do you think Connecticut has the same weight in vote as New Jersey for the Westside?
Yes but a borough could have multiple crews at odds with each other. They do not always present a unified front.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Sure. But power doesn’t remain exclusively to a decina. Take the bronx decina of the Westside. It’s been the source of most of the leadership for the last six decades. Bellamo, Gigante, Lombardo etc.

So clearly some decina’s have more power and influence than others. That other closely located regimes would follow a powerful local is common sense.
It’s in their best interests.

To think that all decina’s act independently without local influence, take Jersey for another example, is naive.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 pm Sure. But power doesn’t remain exclusively to a decina. Take the bronx decina of the Westside. It’s been the source of most of the leadership for the last six decades. Bellamo, Gigante, Lombardo etc.

So clearly some decina’s have more power and influence than others. That other closely located regimes would follow a powerful local is common sense.
It’s in their best interests.

To think that all decina’s act independently without local influence, take Jersey for another example, is naive.
I agree with what you're saying Sonny, and I never said that decina's act independently without local influence.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:27 pm I guess I'm arguing against the notion that ...... the borough with the most crews/most powerful crews chooses the Boss/is the "real power" in the family. That idea is a forum creation. It just doesn't work that way in the real world.
This is the point I disagree with.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

My Theory to Asaro Tapes is that the Street Boss Tommy from Long Island is who the Capos and Soldiers on the street answer too. So that is there Boss. That is the guy in charge of guys on the street , the money etc. Street Boss dictates who kicks up what etc. Mancuso selects who the street Boss is etc. But Mancuso is not involved in daily money disputes with guys on the street under him its impossible for him to do so. So for all intense purposes the Street Boss is the only Boss that matters to guys on the street when money is involved etc.c
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i believe its been reported DiFiore stepped down.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:34 pm Do you think Connecticut has the same weight in vote as New Jersey for the Westside?

Families are not parliaments with boroughs being parties and those with the most votes get to pick who the Boss is. Voting, as Joe Bonanno explained, is just a means of establishing a consensus of support in the family. They don't tally up the votes and the candidate who gets a simple majority wins. It doesn't work that way.

Joe Massino was the Boss even though only a very small portion of the family's membership was from Queens. Ditto for Gotti. Neither of them ran the most powerful Crews in their families. Not even close. Ditto for Gigante and his crew. For almot 60 years the Boss of NE came from Providence even though 3/4 of the family's membership and crews were based in Boston. Nicky Scarfo ruled his family with an iron fist even though he was based in AC (where only a tiny portion of the family membership was based) and didn't have a real crews before becoming Boss. I can go on and on.

This whole borough/location faction thing is a simply a forum invention. I don't recall any informant describing the families operating in such a manner.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

I wasn't really thinking in terms of info gathered here. When Buddy Luongo was shot at breakfast, Casso
and Amuso wanted to shift/keep the power in Brooklyn and away from the Bronx.
When traditionally, the Luchese Family had been power based in the Bronx & LI.
Once Casso decimated, et al, the Brooklny faction, the power went back north and has stayed
there. But I agree it is not written in stone, or a blog. Al D'arco alluded to the scenario in his book.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

And I know this is a totally different time in history and different family.
Rightly or wrongly I was using the comparison as a potential factor in this
more current Bonnano situation.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 am i believe its been reported DiFiore stepped down.
Yes he has not been street boss since 2013/2014. He did everything right, tried to remain low-key, never got himself caught on tapes, tried to keep everyone happy by creating a panel, but in the end that numskull Asaro brought the whole thing down by giving his non-made, wired-up cousin an inside scoop into how the family was being run. How Asaro is still alive in 2017 after five decades of pissing off everybody astounds me. You could see that DiFiore was miserable with his arrest, and from prison his lawyer bitched and moaned the whole way about Asaro's stupidity. I would have guessed DiFiore stood down following his arrest, seems that the boss seat is doomed from the get-go.

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:05 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 am i believe its been reported DiFiore stepped down.
Yes he has not been street boss since 2013/2014. He did everything right, tried to remain low-key, never got himself caught on tapes, tried to keep everyone happy by creating a panel, but in the end that numskull Asaro brought the whole thing down by giving his non-made, wired-up cousin an inside scoop into how the family was being run. How Asaro is still alive in 2017 after five decades of pissing off everybody astounds me. You could see that DiFiore was miserable with his arrest, and from prison his lawyer bitched and moaned the whole way about Asaro's stupidity. I would have guessed DiFiore stood down following his arrest, seems that the boss seat is doomed from the get-go.
Yes he was replaced as street boss because he was off the streets in jail. I believe he was replaced as official Underboss because it was unclear on how long he would be in prison and under supervised release. I think Mancuso and Rabbito knew that they needed to satisfy the factions. I think that Mancuso determined that Cammarano would be official underboss and acting boss or street boss before Pallazolo went back to prison.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Actually was it ever confirmed that DiFiore was official underboss. Didn't somebody post that Nicky Santoro might have been official underboss.