General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by DPG »

And how bout O'Hare?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

DPG wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 pm And how bout O'Hare?
Oh you mean Eddie O'Hare? Well yeah he allegedly gave Capone to the government but I dont know if he fled from his usual places such as Miami and Chicago or even changed his name. Anyways in the end they got him too
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

How about Mafia members that have been imprisoned at the ADX Florence in Colorado? Current and in the past.

I'm not sure how accurate the list is but online it was saying the follow are or were at some point imprisoned in the ADX Florence:

-James Marcello Former Chicago Front Boss (currently at ADX Florence,why is it necessary to keep him there? Is he that dangerous)

-Sammy the Bull Gravano

-Nicodemo Scarfo

-Gaspipe Casso

-Vinny Basciano (recently transferred, alleged former Bonanno boss after Massino)

-Vito Rizzuto (Montreal Family)

Any others? I'm sure I've missed a few. Are there any other currently prisoners at ADX?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Joe Lombardo is in ADMAX now, too.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

We all know that the mob has seriously cut down on the number of hits. But what about beatings? Do they still often give beatdowns to those who cross them?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:09 am We all know that the mob has seriously cut down on the number of hits. But what about beatings? Do they still often give beatdowns to those who cross them?
Joseph D'Amico
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

There was also that beating in the recent Giallanzo indictment (Bonanno). A guy who owed money was beaten until he shit himself.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I know there were at least two assaults linked to Pasquale Parrello in his indictment, one of which was over a $400,000 debt. I'm sure there are more with some of the other codefendants.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

So, they administer beatings fairly often then?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:16 am So, they administer beatings fairly often then?
Violence is still a necessary component of the underworld, on occasion. The mob, or any criminal syndicate has rules which need to be enforced, and the traditional structures of enforcement, the law, and justice system are not open to them. People still have to pay debts, respect mob rules of operation etc etc and the only enforcement technique they have is violence or the threat of violence.

Murder was under a moratorium for a period and is only now used in extreme cases because of the legal consequences. Assaults have obviously far less legal ramafications and are a 'necessary' component of that world.

You can't really say the mob administer beatings 'often' as it's not really a time issue more a situational requirement.
If they need to, as the above examples illustrate, they do.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:03 am
Ivan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:16 am So, they administer beatings fairly often then?
Violence is still a necessary component of the underworld, on occasion. The mob, or any criminal syndicate has rules which need to be enforced, and the traditional structures of enforcement, the law, and justice system are not open to them. People still have to pay debts, respect mob rules of operation etc etc and the only enforcement technique they have is violence or the threat of violence.

Murder was under a moratorium for a period and is only now used in extreme cases because of the legal consequences. Assaults have obviously far less legal ramafications and are a 'necessary' component of that world.

You can't really say the mob administer beatings 'often' as it's not really a time issue more a situational requirement.
Exactly. What else are you gonna do when a debtor doesn't wanna pay?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Great answer.

And they don't really need to kill very often to maintain the terror. As pizzaboy once put it, "even if they only kill one guy every five years, nobody wants to be that guy". :mrgreen:
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Exactly. What else are you gonna do when a debtor doesn't wanna pay?
A lot of times they pass his name around and the debtor gets cut off from betting. To many bettors, that is worse than a mild beating. LOL
Also, the mob guys have to be very careful with their threats because some guys who do get harassed run to the FBI and get "wired". The average guy is not as afraid of the mob as guys were 35 years ago. Some of the cases posted on this Forum about this very subject took place in Chicago and there were several instances where guys who owed money were "wired".
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes I heard that the Chicago Outfit in the 1990s stopped beating and killing for non-payment,they just cut them off. I think John DiFronzo really wanted to keep the family out of the news, not nearly as many hits as in the past.I can only think of three hits in the last 18 years. Nick Calebrese would have been hit if there plan had worked out. Those hits were members not over gambling debts.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Lol that's funny because because Accardo and the other bosses loved DiFronzo because he was such a good killer or hit planner. He was possibly involved in the Giancana hit.