Artie Nigro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Artie Nigro

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The last thing we need is for this place to turn into GBB with the PC madness and everybody walking on eggs not to offend someone.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Pogo The Clown wrote:The last thing we need is for this place to turn into GBB with the PC madness and everybody walking on eggs not to offend someone.

Pogo
I´m not asking you to walk on egg shelves, Pogo, but use common sense and awareness when posting outside of the graveyard. That´s all I´m asking.
There you have it, never printed before.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

HairyKnuckles wrote:Absolutely is all about context. But it takes a fool not to understand the hidden message in some posts here where the term is used. I understand the N-word being an old southern mispronunciation of the term "****###". So why rock the boat?
I hear you. It sounded like you were placing a boycott on those terms and I was politely objecting to that. But I (think I) misunderstood. I agree there needs to be a middle ground. Those who overemphasize the race issue, there's a leveling effect where these individuals get called on it when they overdo it. But there's a difference between trashing blacks for that sake alone (it's annoying EXCEPT in the case of Pogo the Race Warrior who needs his own Blog) and someone else describing the effects of gentrification in their area and the negative impact that new elements brought in. It's not racist to talk about race if it has a point and relates to the topic we're all here for. And in places like New Orleans, NY, Philadelphia and NJ where Italian and black demographics have intersected and it was not always pretty. If you read any book on early New Orleans Italians, it will read how that element shared neighborhoods with blacks and got along amicably as cousins in the racist south. That's partly true but but remember, Sicilians came from a lynch mentality and some fit in very well in the south. In the 1870's there was an Italian lynching group that for several years outshone the KKK. Italian historians don't like to talk about that but it happened.. 100 years later, NJ and NY circa 1970's was a very turbulent time for race relations, I'm sure East Bronx and any NYer older than 50 can explain that. It also affected OC, one member in the Gambinos I think it was was assaulted by an NOI member, the family decided not to do shit because they didn't want any problems with them. You can read this on Mary Farrell. But jump back to 1900 Brooklyn, black and Italian neighborhoods were in close proximity and blacks were learning Italian words, curse words at first and then basic greetings. Some liked each other and some didn't.

Older posters from those areas might be "from a different time and place" and since this a forum about the mafia, not race relations, it shouldn't be a hanging offense. I like to tell racist jokes in the Shout-Out, I think most understand that it's only in jest. But in the Main Forum I agree that black bashing for its own sake is in poor taste.

EXCEPT in the case of Pogo who deserves a free pass.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

HairyKnuckles wrote:I´m not asking you to walk on egg shelves, Pogo, but use common sense and awareness when posting outside of the graveyard. That´s all I´m asking.

Fair enough on the slurs part since that is already a rule here but when you made the comment "degrading people (or expressing a hint of favoring racism)" will not be tolerated it sounded like views that are not PC liberal will not be tolerated. No worries though. 8-)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Chris, I hear you too. And I understand what you are saying, although my knowledge on American historical racial and social studies is extremely limited (I don´t even know what to call it.). But I do recognise a race degrading post and message when I see one. All I can say is the same thing I said to Pogo above, use common sense and awareness when posting outside of the graveyard. Black bashing for its own sake will not be tolerated as long as I am a moderator around here. And the same goes for any black dude that comes along bashing white people for the sake of it. If any of you have a problem with this, take it up with Solai and he will decide if I´ll still be on the job. Remember, this is an open forum and most of us would like to see as many as possible joining here. The interest in American organized crime is not limited only to white Americans.
There you have it, never printed before.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

how the hell did a Artie Nigro post turn into this? lol
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

HairyKnuckles wrote:Chris, I hear you too. And I understand what you are saying, although my knowledge on American historical racial and social studies is extremely limited (I don´t even know what to call it.). But I do recognise a race degrading post and message when I see one. All I can say is the same thing I said to Pogo above, use common sense and awareness when posting outside of the graveyard. Black bashing for its own sake will not be tolerated as long as I am a moderator around here. And the same goes for any black dude that comes along bashing white people for the sake of it. If any of you have a problem with this, take it up with Solai and he will decide if I´ll still be on the job. Remember, this is an open forum and most of us would like to see as many as possible joining here. The interest in American organized crime is not limited only to white Americans.
You're the skip, skip.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

As much as people need to show some basic respect for others, they also need to not be thin-skinned. We're a bunch of freaks over here and what makes these boards what they are isn't just the interesting info, but also what a bunch of handsome nutcases we all are.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Dwalin2014 wrote:I remember there have been discussions on RealDeal, including the one having as subject whether Artie Nigro had been the acting boss of the Genovese family or not. What do people here think about it? If he wasn't boss, but just a capo or whatever, who authorized the Adolfo Bruno hit then, did Nigro ask permission to somebody or was it his initiative all the same?
He was the acting boss at one point and was indicted as such. One of several guys in that crew to assume that position at one time or another over the last 20 years or so.
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

so...what did you think of "Lynch" last night?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

I was wondering how a thread on Artie Nigro could have so many posts. Now I know and I'll never get that time back.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Mike, thought the same thing. funny.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

My guess with the Genovese family is that their leadership is like a venn diagram rather than a pyramid. Certain captains / areas / operations report to a certain guy, and he more or less has full authority over them, but his authority as a whole overlaps with the authority of a couple other guys in similar positions. I still believe at the center of that venn diagram there is one person, though.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Dwalin2014 wrote:I remember there have been discussions on RealDeal, including the one having as subject whether Artie Nigro had been the acting boss of the Genovese family or not. What do people here think about it? If he wasn't boss, but just a capo or whatever, who authorized the Adolfo Bruno hit then, did Nigro ask permission to somebody or was it his initiative all the same?

By the way, how could Nigro live in politically correct America without changing the surname? You can't use that word :) Same applies to Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Nigro seemed to give the order to kill Bruno through the manipulation of John Bologna which was going for a last ditch money grab while ratting the whole time , I think JB was trying to get a button that evaded him his whole life because he was a well know con artist to everybody ,Bologna even tried to Con the feds , this guy was a real lier, cheater that could not last long in any circle of friends,

Artie Nigro had associates in low level positions that where on very shaky ground in his inner circle , John Bologna was one ,Bologna was a disaster for years which caused him to go from Gambino failed scam deals into Nigros hands , I dont see what Artie saw in this guy , Bologna was not trusted by anyone for anything , always a problem with the card games and anything money or responsibility related , Bologna never made real money his entire life because of this . The only money Bolonga had was when his father died and left him a chunk ,
This created a vacuum that was filled by his brother Charles Bologna a Lucchese associate , Charles did very well with his book and people trusted him ,Charles was kept out of the upper loop in the Lucchese family , Charles knew Johns deals that always caused problems for Charles that kept him from rising and always on the treadmill spinning the wheels, Why Nigro kept Bologna AKA JB a shelved failed Gambino associate so close is mind boggling for a acting boss of the Genovese family,