New George A Article on Merlino

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

New George A Article on Merlino

Post by moneyman »

http://www.phillyvoice.com/skinny-joey- ... ng-charge/

Something new I don't remember reading before,

"Among other things, sources have said that Merlino interceded and may have saved Rubeo’s life when Florida-based members of the Bonanno crime family wanted to kill him. The Bonannos believed Rubeo had stolen more than $50,000 from a mob-run bookmaking operation based in Costa Rico."
Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: New George A Article on Merlino

Post by Stroccos »

Merlino always crying broke haha
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Lefty: 'Hey Donnie, lend me $500 and next week I'll give ya $100 on that other $250 I owe ya."
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

“He made you feel like a king while he took your money.”

This asshole is in love with Joey.

Good artikle, thanks.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Wonder which Florida Bonanno guys this guy was in debt with?
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Chucky wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:19 pm Wonder which Florida Bonanno guys this guy was in debt with?
Chilli was the B's guy in Florida IIRC.

Do we know who replaced him? Do we know who was in his crew?

Cheers.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 pm Do we know who replaced him? Do we know who was in his crew?

No word yet on who, if anyone, replaced him. Big John Contello (former Acting Capo of the crew), Vincent “Vinny Bionics” DiSario and Salvatore Puccio have all been IDed in the past as members of this Crew. I'm assuming they still are. Another possible member is Joseph Giddio. Richard "Junkyard Richie" Musumeci was a Florida based member (of a different crew) in the 80s. He might be with this crew now as well.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheers Ptown.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 pm Do we know who replaced him? Do we know who was in his crew?

No word yet on who, if anyone, replaced him. Big John Contello (former Acting Capo of the crew), Vincent “Vinny Bionics” DiSario and Salvatore Puccio have all been IDed in the past as members of this Crew. I'm assuming they still are. Another possible member is Joseph Giddio. Richard "Junkyard Richie" Musumeci was a Florida based member (of a different crew) in the 80s. He might be with this crew now as well.

Let me add that Frank “The Fireman” Porco is also in this crew. He was also a former Acting Capo of the crew.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Let me add that Frank “The Fireman” Porco is also in this crew. He was also a former Acting Capo of the crew.
Is he still alive P?
I googled images a photo of him attending court in 2002 and he looked to be in his 80's or late seventies at a min back then.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I haven't heard anything of him dying. He would be 88 now.

Pogo
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Is he still alive P?
I googled images a photo of him attending court in 2002 and he looked to be in his 80's or late seventies at a min back then.
Elliot Porco is also a longtime Bonanno associate. Been busted in many bookmaking cases with the Lucheses and others
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Porco also had a cousin who was axe murdered by his own son in a famous case. Porco was briefly a suspect in that case and was entioned in the Forensic Files episode about the case.

Pogo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Interesting.

Cheers gents 🙂
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

To clarify the mob was suspected in the murder. Porco himself was in prison at the time his cousin was killed. The theory at the time was that it was payback because they suspected Porco had flipped. The theory came to nothing of course.

Pogo