Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Cheech »

violence. attempted murder.
and like that...he was gone
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Cheech wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:53 pm violence. attempted murder.
Cheech what's good cuZ? Been trying to email you I don't know why your email won't come up. Shoot me an email so we can catch up. That quote though lmaooooo. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Reputed mobster from Staten Island pleads guilty to federal gambling charge

A reputed member of the Genovese organized crime family from Staten Island, who was among 46 alleged wise guys arrested and charged with racketeering and other crimes, has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of conducting an illegal gambling business.

Manhattan federal prosecutors announced the arrests and charges against Alex Conigliaro, 56, and his co-defendants in August of last year.

The defendants, federal officials said then, were alleged leaders, members and associates of the Genovese, Gambino, Luchese, Bonanno and Philadelphia Organized Crime Families of La Cosa Nostra ("LCN"). They allegedly operated in various East Coast locations, from Massachusetts to Florida.

http://www.silive.com/news/2017/06/repu ... _is_1.html
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

he's going to make this a skeptical. classic.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cheech wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 am he's going to make this a skeptical. classic.
I think Cheech just did a little Carmine.
:mrgreen:
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
The Greek
Straightened out

Mob informant erases evidence on phone against ex-Philly crime boss

Post by The Greek »

A ham-fisted mob informant erased one year’s worth of recordings when he reset his phone — undermining the case against former Philly crime boss Joseph Merlino, court papers claim.

The unidentified informant turned over extensive audio and video recordings to the feds as part of their long-running investigation into gambling, arson and extortion activities.

The Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office hit Merlino, 55, and 45 alleged New York wiseguys with racketeering charges last August.

Prosecutors planned to use the recordings against Merlino, Manhattan Federal Court documents filed Monday indicate.

But Merlino’s lawyers say audio and video recordings and all texts from the informant’s phone are unavailable, making it impossible to determine how much material existed and to authenticate it.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Looking more and more like he'll walk
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Man they are shitting out tiffany cufflinks for Merlino.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Chucky wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:41 am Looking more and more like he'll walk
They could just say fuck it and go trial and put the informant on the stand. He said She said throw it against the wall to see if it sticks. Wont be the first time the feds went to trial with nothing but an informant on the stand. I don't think they had allot of wire taps on Merlinos last trial with Natale on the stand. He walked on murder but got a nice sentence for RICO. And really that all these prosecutors really want..a guilty plea or verdict in the end it still goes on the resume as a convictions. We shall see .. FBI High ups and Prosecutors could give the order to drop charges. Apparantly the evidence against the NY guys was much stronger then against Joey.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

No way the informant deleted the shit by accident. There must have been some dirty shit implicating the feds, why would the informant even have the ability to erase everything recorded? Why wouldn't it be recording to a remote backup? Not buying any of this.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

hearing on the 30th per Mayo Face on twitter
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

There is normally a whole custodial chain and protocol that must be adhered to in order to maintain authenticity and pedigree of evidence.
This is just so far out of the realm of possibility, that the FBI would allow an informant to run around with a whole years worth of evidence, without taking proper custody of it, and to have it on a phone nonetheless, that it just seems almost impossible to imagine.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

TwoPiece wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:25 pm No way the informant deleted the shit by accident. There must have been some dirty shit implicating the feds, why would the informant even have the ability to erase everything recorded? Why wouldn't it be recording to a remote backup? Not buying any of this.
The texts and audio logs were on his cell phone and for some very strange reason he decided to reset his phone. Depending on the type of phone you have, everything on the phone is deleted or reset to the original, manufactured settings. So thats certainly plausible that the stuff was deleted due to that. What I don't understand is, if you know you have these crucial things on your phone, like texts and audio logs of mob guys that you're trying to implicate in criminal acts, why would you take that chance and reset your phone? That's a bone head move, this guy had to be a moron or changed his mind hoping to remain in the sphere of these mobsters.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

now one thing that gets overlooked is that he allegedly robbed half a mill from a wire room or something to that effect. thats a big deal if it comes up.