Tommy Gambino Jr. (Dynamic Worldwide)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Tommy Gambino Jr. (Dynamic Worldwide)

Post by Wiseguy »

I had stumbled across this before and somebody recently brought it up over on the other board. It appears he followed in his father's footsteps as far as the trucking business goes.
tgambino.jpg
http://www.dynamiconline.com/team.php

Gambino1.jpg
Gambino2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Tommy Gambino Jr. (Dynamic Worldwide)

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Tommy Gambino was smart to see the writing on the wall and get out of the life when he did. His kids seem to have done really well for themselves (with help from their old man no doubt).

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Yeah. Besides the bang-banging and the dime hustling, becoming succesful in fully legit enterprises by using connections within the Mafia network is a major part of what the Mafia is all about. And reputation helps of course. This method is not something that came with Tommy Gambino though, it was utilized by mafiosi the same minute they sat a foot on American soil.
There you have it, never printed before.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

The kids (and grandkids) were gonna be worth millions anyway. What were they gonna do, run numbers? Fuck that bullshit.

This isn't Sicily where it's part of the cultural fabric and you're doomed to the life if you're a male and you're born into certain families. In America, the smarter guys saw it as a single generation (two at the most) means to an end. The end being exactly what these guys represent today. Good for them. I'm glad they got out when they did. But you know there are some posters on these boards that just won't accept it. THEY GOTTA BE GETTING ENVELOPES! :lol:

As an aside, the Profacis also come to mind. Joe's son John is still very big in the olive oil business. It started out as a cover for Joe, and today they're completely legit. It kinda mirrors what the Gambinos did with the trucking. And Colavita (John's company) is one of the best olive oils in its price range available in America today. In my opinion, anyway.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

How do we know Tommy doesn't have to kick up still since the trucking business wouldn't exist if Tommy Sr wasn't a Capo at one time? We don't...lol
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Rocco wrote:How do we know Tommy doesn't have to kick up still since the trucking business wouldn't exist if Tommy Sr wasn't a Capo at one time? We don't...lol
Fair enough, but at least they've distanced themselves from the street. And it shows that they wanted better for their children than a bullshit life with a numbers sheet in your pocket and a pistol under your bed.

re Tommy: When Gotti gave him Connecticut it was in name only. Braciole was the real power there the entire time that Tommy was skipper---late '80s through the trucking case (very early '90s?). The only time Tommy ever set foot in Connecticut was probably at a country club :lol:.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

It makes you wonder does the Gambino family go after guys like Tommy and Big Paul's kids who are very wealthy with legit businesses and demand they kick up since it all wouldn't have existed without LCN etc. I know an informant disclosed that Big Paul's son who owns a concrete co had to kick up. I wonder if they went after the other sons down in FL for a monthly or annual tribute?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Rocco wrote:It makes you wonder does the Gambino family go after guys like Tommy and Big Paul's kids who are very wealthy with legit businesses and demand they kick up since it all wouldn't have existed without LCN etc. I know an informant disclosed that Big Paul's son who owns a concrete co had to kick up. I wonder if they went after the other sons down in FL for a monthly or annual tribute?
I don´t know about that specific incident but generally, members or associates do not have to kick up from legit businesses, unless they have a partner higher up.
There you have it, never printed before.
canarsiefwp
Prospect

Post by canarsiefwp »

Speaking of Dynamic Trucking, I used to work on 7th ave. and 35th st. I would walk from the Staten island express bus on 6th Ave. down 35th st. at about 8:45 am every morning in the late 80s to mid 90s, which was when Joe Gambino would take his cigerette break. I knew who he was as I passed every morning. Well, one morning as I was walking I had to dodge some speeding racks of garments and as I looked up I was staring eye to eye with Mr. Gambino. The 4 second eye contact left me alittle shaken so I just said "Good Morning" and hustled off about my business. So the next day as I am passing by his cigerette break spot (right across fr. macys) I glance up and Joe says "hey, good mornin". And then the next day, and from then we'd say "good morning" if i passed as he was outside having a smoke. Funny flashback that made me smile so I thought to make someone else smile.