Thomas "tommy" Agro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TONY
Associate

Thomas "tommy" Agro

Post by TONY »

anybody know any history on this guy? he was gambino family. My grandmothers name was June Agro
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Thomas "tommy" Agro

Post by Wiseguy »

Gambino soldier in Joe Armone's crew. Active in New York and Florida. Used Joe Dogs Iannuzzi for batting practice. Died back in the late 1980's.

A real sweetheart...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59QnccIjy64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9jqBnpWdAY
All roads lead to New York.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

You can find some Agro stuff in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=221
There you have it, never printed before.
TONY
Associate

Post by TONY »

thank you guys
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Get the joe dogs book , there is A decent in there . I enjoyed it
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Agro had saved Iannuzzi once previously ,the beating was for Joe Dogs screwing up worse a second time, and almost getting himself killed, and possibly getting Agro killed. He robbed the wiseguys he was with, then ratted them out after the beating.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

bert wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am Agro had saved Iannuzzi once previously ,the beating was for Joe Dogs screwing up worse a second time, and almost getting himself killed, and possibly getting Agro killed. He robbed the wiseguys he was with, then ratted them out after the beating.
they were stupid for trusting joe dogs after they almost killed him
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 am
bert wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am Agro had saved Iannuzzi once previously ,the beating was for Joe Dogs screwing up worse a second time, and almost getting himself killed, and possibly getting Agro killed. He robbed the wiseguys he was with, then ratted them out after the beating.
Yes they were, on the tapes that joe dogs made of Argo, he can be heard screaming at joe dogs about having saved him previously.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

bert wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 am
Stroccos wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 am
Yes they were, on the tapes that joe dogs made of Argo, he can be heard screaming at joe dogs about having saved him previously.
i read the book awile back I forgot if argo was saying he saved him or it was the
waitress who saved him when she walked in with Argo about to stabbed him after the beating ?
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Tommy Agro is a guy I’ve brought up a lot in other boards because he isn’t talked about much. But the guy was pretty crazy. Joe Dogs Ianuzzi has talked a lot about him. Tommy was made in April 1977 and I think he was sponsored by Joe N Gallo and in Joe Piney’s crew. I know Joe Dogs had long said that Agro was the guy who whacked Tommy Desimone(Goodfellas fame) but who knows. There is a great documentary called Mob Stories which featured wiretaps between Joe Dogs and Agro. The guy was nuts but some of the things he says are hilarious
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

Agro was about to chop his hand off when the restaurant owner's wife walked into the kitched and started screaming. He was in good enough standing with the Boss that when his troubles with law began Castellano rejected a hit on him (after Armone mentioned this possibility), knowing he wouldn't flip.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:42 am Tommy Agro is a guy I’ve brought up a lot in other boards because he isn’t talked about much. But the guy was pretty crazy. Joe Dogs Ianuzzi has talked a lot about him. Tommy was made in April 1977 and I think he was sponsored by Joe N Gallo and in Joe Piney’s crew. I know Joe Dogs had long said that Agro was the guy who whacked Tommy Desimone(Goodfellas fame) but who knows. There is a great documentary called Mob Stories which featured wiretaps between Joe Dogs and Agro. The guy was nuts but some of the things he says are hilarious
Total wildman
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

joe dogs book was a good read and had a lot of Tommy A in it
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

mpl0215 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:52 am joe dogs book was a good read and had a lot of Tommy A in it
Are you just trying to increase your post count or something? You seem to be offering very little to old threads. I mean you had a one word response to a thread 6 years old.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

Joe dogs book was very interesting , talked about loads of low key guys who you can’t find about elsewhere.