Hit in Northeast PA?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Evilalf
Prospect

Hit in Northeast PA?

Post by Evilalf »

Hello all, old RD lurker here making my first post. This is the big story in northeastern PA right now..

http://wnep.com/2017/03/28/finding-robe ... formation/

Owner of a well known pizza place in Old Forge, which is a big Italian American neighborhood close to Scranton and old Bufalino stronghold (its a location in I Heard You Paint Houses) went missing 2 months ago. Blood and a tooth were found inside... no sign of the guy since. Lots of rumors he was tied up in gambling... this all happened right after the Super Bowl and end of the football season

Interesting part is apparently someone kept calling the pizza place, and eventually the owner told an employee not to answer the phone anymore. Later that night he vanished.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Hit in Northeast PA?

Post by JCB1977 »

Very interesting however there is no mention of any illegal gambling or mob ties. Innuendo is all there is now, more conspiracy theories. You think Billy D'Elia is involved in anything? Is he still back in the area?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Evilalf
Prospect

Post by Evilalf »

Yes, I believe he is back in the area now.

Also another interesting story... 91 year old federal judge from Scranton who oversaw tons of cases over several decades includig the infamous Kids for Cash judge scandal... he retired last month and today on the news is reported missing. That Kids for Cash thing was tied to D'elia and those guys... he would meet regularly with the one judge at a local Perkinds and i would assume the judge was kicking up to him. More mob ties to that whole story than people realize.

http://wnep.com/2017/03/29/former-feder ... na-county/
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

Gambling guy going missining after the SB, missing a tooth, and they found blood.... It might all be circumstantial but it sounds like it's something
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Kash wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 am Gambling guy going missining after the SB, missing a tooth, and they found blood.... It might all be circumstantial but it sounds like it's something
Any idea who it was?
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

It's hard to figure out anything in Scranton-Wilkes Barre. Frequently people think Louis DeNaples is somewhere behind things, but then it slips through the fingers.
I got a kick out of the scene there when the UB, Osticco, was convicted of bribing jurors to get a deadlocked jury in the Denaples fraud case, around 1990. The going price for jurors there was $1.000, a set of tires, and a pocket watch.
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

Didnt Billy D'Elia turn witness himself?
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

against Denaples and Kulick
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Very very very few remnants left in that area. D'Elia isn't doing shit. DeNaples is a businessman who had mob ties because he had to have them. Guys like Michael Insalaco weren't street guys. The mob has been dead there for 25+ years. Did Philly or NY send any reps over there to assume control? I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Evilalf
Prospect

Post by Evilalf »

I mean, it would be a lot of missed opportunity for no one to be runnin things around here. Northeast PA is corrupt as shit and gambling is huge.
Evilalf
Prospect

Post by Evilalf »

Not to mention 2 hours from both NYC and Philly. I can def see guys from either city having interests in NEPA.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Evilalf wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:17 pm I mean, it would be a lot of missed opportunity for no one to be runnin things around here. Northeast PA is corrupt as shit and gambling is huge.
Nobody is running anything around there. I'm sure gambling still goes on but it's every man for himself, just like in every other defunct mafia city. By the 1990's, there was almost nothing to run anymore in Scranton-Wilkes-Barre. It was a dying town, like St Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo etc. And Scranton was nowhere near as big as those cities nor had the amount of family members. They didn't make new guys and the old ones died off. You're on a fishing expedition Evilalf
Last edited by JCB1977 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Evilalf wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:19 pm Not to mention 2 hours from both NYC and Philly. I can def see guys from either city having interests in NEPA.
Well... they don't. This has been theorized by forum members in the past and NEVER, NOT ONE TIME has any LE Agency came out and said that. There's nothing to run, the factories are shut down, people are out of work and paychecks aren't coming in. It's a fairy tale at best

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Evilalf wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:00 pm Hello all, old RD lurker here making my first post. This is the big story in northeastern PA right now..

http://wnep.com/2017/03/28/finding-robe ... formation/

Owner of a well known pizza place in Old Forge, which is a big Italian American neighborhood close to Scranton and old Bufalino stronghold (its a location in I Heard You Paint Houses) went missing 2 months ago. Blood and a tooth were found inside... no sign of the guy since. Lots of rumors he was tied up in gambling... this all happened right after the Super Bowl and end of the football season

Interesting part is apparently someone kept calling the pizza place, and eventually the owner told an employee not to answer the phone anymore. Later that night he vanished.
I figured there were allot of people who would get hurt in the sports betting world after this yrs Superbowl. Fuck BRADY ! :mrgreen:
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

I used to go to this area as a kid to see family. Great Pizza in Old Forge. Defaintly a different Sicilian pie but very good. Most guys from NY or NJ wouldn't know what to make of the pie but they are good. That whole Scranton area had a massive influx of Sicilian and Italian immigrants in the late 1800s and early 19002. Coal mining and the railroads that supported the industry.