Number of murdered members per family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Number of murdered members per family

Post by Adam »

Detroit Family:

Carlo Bommarito(2007)
Pete Cavataio(1985)
Carlo Licata(1981)
NIck Ditta, Joe Siragusa, Frank Randazzo(1976)(Not sanctioned)
Joseph Moceri(1968)(Not sanctioned)
Pete Lombardo(1965)
Onofrio Minaudo(1965)
Paul Cimino(1964ish)
Salvatore Vitale(1956)
Joe Tocco(1938)
Joe Amico(1938)

Before that you get into the Crosstown Mob War of 1930-1931 and then its a lot of people and anyone's guess as to who was a member or not.
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

I believe that Carlo Bommarito's death was ruled an overdose. I realize that there have been reports that Vito Giacalone wanted him dead and got permission from Carlo's father to have the suicide done to him, but this has not been verified. Not saying that it is not true, just that unlike the other names on your list there is no absolute proof that Bommarito was killed.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

tmarotta wrote:I believe that Carlo Bommarito's death was ruled an overdose. I realize that there have been reports that Vito Giacalone wanted him dead and got permission from Carlo's father to have the suicide done to him, but this has not been verified. Not saying that it is not true, just that unlike the other names on your list there is no absolute proof that Bommarito was killed.
Perfectly valid point. Along those same lines Carlo Licata's death is also officially a suicide.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

What happened with Martin 'Jinks' DeSaverio? Does anyone know how or why he was killed? There isn't much on the web about this guy. He was the brother in law of Ralph Mosca of the Gambinos.