Re: Who killed Joey Naples by Bertram de Souza

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Re: Who killed Joey Naples by Bertram de Souza

Post by JCB1977 »

Here's a great document from the 1960's regarding Pat's finances:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/19761225 ... MMISSIONER
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

This particular document goes into better detail about Feruccio associating with Strollo and Zottola after his release from prison as well as the FBI:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/app ... 65/526920/

This sentence is the one that sticks out to me:

"the FBI informed the district court of its intention to work with Ferruccio, and the court entered an order dispensing of Ferruccio's obligation to contact his probation officer before engaging in any further contact with Strollo."

And this sentence also sticks out and is more on par with Pat's reputation as a stand up guy:

"Ferruccio maintains that the sentence was improperly imposed because of his lack of cooperation with the government."

**The timing of his release in January of 1995, it is definitely possible that Pat could have given the Feds info on the Super Bowl party at the Maronite Center that was raided by the FBI. My uncle was taken into custody and held at the federal building for 24 hours being questioned.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:
FriendofFamily wrote:One of Pat's Attorneys - My Wife and I knew well - unfortunately he died. A couple of people I know probably won't give up the information - even now. They are just that way. I can only ask them in person and I probably won't see them for months with my schedule.

Pat was working all the angles about the two year thing. Throwing it all on the Wall to see what stuck. Right now I am not going with CI for Pat.
Totally agree. They didn't up anyone to Consigliere unless they were one of the sharpest knives in the box. Pat certainly fit that description :)
Who said Pat was a Consigliere? That certainly isn't true.
I only know what I know from what I hear from our mutual friend. This isn't the best source, but it's what most follow:
Consigliere

1956–1985 – Michael James Genovese – promoted to boss[17]
1985–1989 – Pasquale "Pat" Ferruccio – controlled gambling in the Canton, Ohio area,[18] imprisoned in 1991
1989–2002 – Charles "Murgie" Imburgia – his nephew Anthony Murgie was connected to the Genovese family.[18]
2002–2006 – Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti – became underboss
2006–2008 – Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli – became underboss
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Henry a felon ;) When he was picked-up and asked about his trunk full of wrapped postage stamps he said he was going to mail an elephant :)
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:
FriendofFamily wrote:One of Pat's Attorneys - My Wife and I knew well - unfortunately he died. A couple of people I know probably won't give up the information - even now. They are just that way. I can only ask them in person and I probably won't see them for months with my schedule.

Pat was working all the angles about the two year thing. Throwing it all on the Wall to see what stuck. Right now I am not going with CI for Pat.
Totally agree. They didn't up anyone to Consigliere unless they were one of the sharpest knives in the box. Pat certainly fit that description :)
Who said Pat was a Consigliere? That certainly isn't true.
I only know what I know from what I hear from our mutual friend. This isn't the best source, but it's what most follow:
Consigliere

1956–1985 – Michael James Genovese – promoted to boss[17]
1985–1989 – Pasquale "Pat" Ferruccio – controlled gambling in the Canton, Ohio area,[18] imprisoned in 1991
1989–2002 – Charles "Murgie" Imburgia – his nephew Anthony Murgie was connected to the Genovese family.[18]
2002–2006 – Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti – became underboss
2006–2008 – Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli – became underboss
Who's our mutual friend? Anyhow, this is wrong. Bobby I has never been made. Michael was NEVER a Consigliere. When LaRocca took over in 1956, his Underboss was Kelly and his longtime consigliere until 1973 was Frank Amato Sr. After Frank Amato died, Joe Sica became Consigliere. Pat was a liason between Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. His specialty was getting other local crime families to work together.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote:Henry a felon ;) When he was picked-up and asked about his trunk full of wrapped postage stamps he said he was going to mail an elephant :)

LMAO that is classic
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote:This particular document goes into better detail about Feruccio associating with Strollo and Zottola after his release from prison as well as the FBI:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/app ... 65/526920/

This sentence is the one that sticks out to me:

"the FBI informed the district court of its intention to work with Ferruccio, and the court entered an order dispensing of Ferruccio's obligation to contact his probation officer before engaging in any further contact with Strollo."

And this sentence also sticks out and is more on par with Pat's reputation as a stand up guy:

"Ferruccio maintains that the sentence was improperly imposed because of his lack of cooperation with the government."

**The timing of his release in January of 1995, it is definitely possible that Pat could have given the Feds info on the Super Bowl party at the Maronite Center that was raided by the FBI. My uncle was taken into custody and held at the federal building for 24 hours being questioned.
also interesting is the feds refused to produce the unredacted statements he made to the fbi.
exeprt from the transcipt "With regard to Ferruccio's attempt to obtain his unredacted statements made to the FBI after his association was discovered, we agree with the district court that the government was obligated to disclose further details of his statements, but "only if actually used against" Ferruccio. See United States v. Guardino, 972 F.2d 682, 689 (6th Cir. 1992). We find no error in the denial of further production or discovery, because the content of the statements beyond the admission about the six meetings was essentially immaterial; the part regarding the meetings was the relevant part which was divulged. This was, in conformity with Fed. R. Crim. P. 32(1) (a) (2), "disclosure of the evidence against" Ferruccio which was actually used at the hearing"
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:Henry a felon ;) When he was picked-up and asked about his trunk full of wrapped postage stamps he said he was going to mail an elephant :)

LMAO that is classic
Best of all: It's a true story. Henry really was a Classic :D
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

According to this local 1058 memorandum, SA Roger Greenbank classified Pat Feruccio as a Consigliere...although he was known as a liason between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Charlie Murgie and Joe Sica were certainly more of an advisor to Mike Genovese in the traditional sense, but I found this document very interesting. There are a few inaccuracies on it but for the most part, the info checks out. Nice job FOH, this info could be valuable when looking at the structure of Pittsburgh. It appears Patsy had the position temporarily and then Charlie Murgie assumed it and I can assure all of you that Michael Genovese relied most on Charlie, their relationship went back to the 1940's.

http://www.ipsn.org/pittsburgh/t2000-08t-03-9-2001.htm

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Here is another document for Pittsburgh and their union corruption. It has great details and paints a clearer picture of tight union control over local 211.

http://irbcases.wrlc.org/bitstream/hand ... sequence=1

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote:According to this local 1058 memorandum, SA Roger Greenbank classified Pat Feruccio as a Consigliere...although he was known as a liason between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Charlie Murgie and Joe Sica were certainly more of an advisor to Mike Genovese in the traditional sense, but I found this document very interesting. There are a few inaccuracies on it but for the most part, the info checks out. Nice job FOH, this info could be valuable when looking at the structure of Pittsburgh. It appears Patsy had the position temporarily and then Charlie Murgie assumed it and I can assure all of you that Michael Genovese relied most on Charlie, their relationship went back to the 1940's.

Thanx JCB, I appreciate you verifying what I knew to be true. Keep in mind that when I first met Michael in 1960, his "claim to fame" was his trip to Apalachin with John. Obviously he was in great favor with John. However it appeared that Jo Jo swung a bigger bat at that time. Keep in mind that's what I was told by my Father. In my opinion, it certainly appeared to be the case back then.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:According to this local 1058 memorandum, SA Roger Greenbank classified Pat Feruccio as a Consigliere...although he was known as a liason between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Charlie Murgie and Joe Sica were certainly more of an advisor to Mike Genovese in the traditional sense, but I found this document very interesting. There are a few inaccuracies on it but for the most part, the info checks out. Nice job FOH, this info could be valuable when looking at the structure of Pittsburgh. It appears Patsy had the position temporarily and then Charlie Murgie assumed it and I can assure all of you that Michael Genovese relied most on Charlie, their relationship went back to the 1940's.

Thanx JCB, I appreciate you verifying what I knew to be true. Keep in mind that when I first met Michael in 1960, his "claim to fame" was his trip to Apalachin with John. Obviously he was in great favor with John. However it appeared that Jo Jo swung a bigger bat at that time. Keep in mind that's what I was told by my Father. In my opinion, it certainly appeared to be the case back then.
The murky part of this information is who was actually the advisor to Michael and my money has to be on Uncle Charlie due to the nature of their relationship. My best educated guess in regards to Patsy Feruccio would be that he advised Michael on matters involving Cleveland and Buffalo, NOT the day to day affairs of Pittsburgh, capisce?

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:

The murky part of this information is who was actually the advisor to Michael and my money has to be on Uncle Charlie due to the nature of their relationship. My best educated guess in regards to Patsy Feruccio would be that he advised Michael on matters involving Cleveland and Buffalo, NOT the day to day affairs of Pittsburgh, capisce?
I totally agree. Charlie and Michael were very close. In fact they always shared a bedroom at camp.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

did Murgie have to answer to zebo as well ?
It appears patsy did ?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Zebo and Patsy answered to Charlie Imburgia aka Murgie

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP