Gambino Associate charged with decade old murder

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dellacroce
Straightened out

Gambino Associate charged with decade old murder

Post by Dellacroce »

Gambino Crime Family Associate Gennaro Bruno Charged with the 2002 Murder of Martin Bosshart
Bruno Indicted and Arrested for His Role in a Racketeering Conspiracy, Including Predicate Acts of Murder, Narcotics Trafficking, Extortion, and Obstruction of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
October 28, 2014

Eastern District of New York

Earlier today, an indictment was unsealed charging Gennaro “Jerry” Bruno of the Gambino organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra (the “Gambino crime family”) with racketeering and racketeering conspiracy, including predicate acts of murder, narcotics trafficking, extortion and obstruction of justice. Bruno was arrested today in Las Vegas, Nevada, where his initial appearance for removal proceedings to the Eastern District of New York is scheduled for later today at the Lloyd D. George United States Courthouse, 333 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada.

The charges and Bruno’s arrest were announced by Loretta E. Lynch, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York and George Venizelos, Assistant Director-in-Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Field Office.

“As alleged, Gennaro Bruno started his criminal career at a young age as a member of a street gang where he earned his criminal credentials. He then graduated to become an associate in the Gambino crime family, where he proved himself to be both an earner for the family and capable of murder. The arrests and charges announced today are a testament to the tireless pursuit of justice by law enforcement,” stated United States Attorney Lynch. “We will not rest until violent criminals who use their mafia ties to obstruct justice and evade the law are brought to justice.” Ms. Lynch extended her grateful appreciation to the FBI for its extraordinary work in bringing this defendant to account for the charged crimes.

FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge George Venizelos stated, “As alleged, Gennaro “Jerry” Bruno was originally trained as a member of the “Young Guns.” After being released from prison, Bruno was promoted to associate of the Gambino crime family. In January of 2002, Bruno executed Martin Bosshart by shooting him in the back of the head. Bruno was as ruthless as he was calculating, and after a long run of evading justice, Bruno’s gig is up.”

According to the indictment and other court filings, when Bruno was released following a term of imprisonment from approximately 1997 to 2000, he emerged as an associate of the Gambino crime family, having graduated from the local gang of young men referred to as the “Liberty Posse” or the “Young Guns.” Over the next 14 years, before his arrest today, Bruno engaged in a myriad of crimes with and on behalf of a faction of the Gambino crime family aligned with Joseph “JoJo” Corozzo, a powerful Gambino member who had risen to become the consigliere of the family. Bruno and other Gambino crime family members and associates moved large quantities of high-potency marijuana from Canada into the New York City area. In 2001, Bruno’s criminal associate Martin Bosshart began efforts to exclude one of Bruno’s coconspirators from the marijuana importation operation. In an effort to prevent Bosshart from doing so, Bruno plotted with other Gambino crime family members and associates, including Todd LaBarca, to murder Bosshart. On the night of January 2, 2002, Bruno and others lured Bosshart to an isolated location in Queens, New York. There, Bruno allegedly shot Bosshart in the back of the head at point-blank range, killing him immediately. The body of Martin Bosshart, who was 30 years old at the time, was recovered at the scene.

Thereafter, Bruno evaded justice for years and conspired with other Gambino associates to obstruct an official grand jury proceeding into the Bosshart murder, while continuing to participate in the core money-making activities of the Gambino crime family, including drug trafficking and extortion. As part of the alleged pattern of racketeering, Bruno, among other things, used his position in the Gambino crime family to extract extortionate payments from the owner of a waste carting company in Queens, New York.

The government’s case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney M. Kristin Mace.

The Defendant:

GENNARO BRUNO, a/k/a “Jerry” Age: 41 Las Vegas, Nevada

http://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-releas ... n-bosshart
Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Gambino Associate charged with decade old murder

Post by Rocco »

Who gave this guy up recently ..?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

There really hasn't been a "good" Gambino informant as of recently. Not saying this guy knows a lot but it says he was close to Jo Jo Corozzo. Could be interesting if he flips.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

So this guy did three years in prison, he was aligned with the Corozzos, he's a shooter, and he's still not made at 41 years old?

Sounds a little strange to me. I mean, they've made guys in the recent past who don't have half his alleged criminal pedigree. He's either retarded, or the Feds are full of shit.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Dellacroce
Straightened out

Post by Dellacroce »

East Bronx wrote:So this guy did three years in prison, he was aligned with the Corozzos, he's a shooter, and he's still not made at 41 years old?

Sounds a little strange to me. I mean, they've made guys in the recent past who don't have half his alleged criminal pedigree. He's either retarded, or the Feds are full of shit.
They say hes been living in las vegas, maybe he walked away?
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Dellacroce wrote:
East Bronx wrote:So this guy did three years in prison, he was aligned with the Corozzos, he's a shooter, and he's still not made at 41 years old?

That's possible. Maybe he didn't want it. That'd be a real kick in the ass if the guy moved out west, went straight, and got indicted for a twelve year old murder. But then again, that's why there's no statute of limitations on murder. You play you pay.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

East Bronx wrote: he was aligned with the Corozzos,
You can't lump JoJo and Nicky together. They were very distinct from one another when they were both on the street, Nicky in Brooklyn almost an enemy of the Gotti's and JoJo in Queens one of Gottis top guys. Not that I know for sure about this particular guy but JoJo was known to keep his guys down and hold them back getting them to kick up ever more dollars in hopes of getting straightened out.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

East Bronx wrote:
Dellacroce wrote:

That's possible. Maybe he didn't want it. That'd be a real kick in the ass if the guy moved out west, went straight, and got indicted for a twelve year old murder. But then again, that's why there's no statute of limitations on murder. You play you pay.
Once you cross that demarcation line and commit or participated in murder, it's hanging over your head every time a guy gets indicted, very attractive bargaining chip for somebody who knows or witnessed the crime.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

johnny_scootch wrote:
East Bronx wrote: he was aligned with the Corozzos,
You can't lump JoJo and Nicky together.
I wasn't. Just because I said "aligned with the Corozzos" doesn't necessarily mean that I meant the brothers ;).

This kid was on record with JoJo, and very friendly with JoJo Junior. So don't be surprised if Little JoJo ends up lending a hand in his defense.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Anyone know what happened with this
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

21 year plea I think
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

karma for this guy. seems like he moved out west and got away from NY only to have someone rat in him decade later. the FBI got a rat to tape the other guy involved in the shooting to tell him what happened
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

He was ratted out by Howie Santos and Anthino russo . I don't know when he was under Jojo ? He came up under Ronnie one Arm and was with Alphonse around the time of the Bosshart murder , I think when he came outta prison they put him with Jojo, Before that he was exclusive with One arm
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Your exactly right BKLYN21 Bosshart used to move alot of bud but Jerry was with Ronnies One Arms crew before any other he came up witb Alphonse,Roc,Howie Santos they used to all be close at one point