Michael Franzese

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Michael Franzese

Post by nash143 »

Looking forward to the responses Brian. Thanks for setting this up!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Thanks Bri. I miss the like button
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

willychichi wrote:I know he wouldn't discuss it, but I'd like to know what happened to all that gas tax money and if he paid his way out of a harsher sentence.
The Gas Tax Money thing was one of the coolest Mob Operations for a Short Term High Volume Money Maker.

He covered a lot about it in a documentary but not the Money.
Know which Game to Play
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

FriendofFamily wrote:
willychichi wrote:I know he wouldn't discuss it, but I'd like to know what happened to all that gas tax money and if he paid his way out of a harsher sentence.
The Gas Tax Money thing was one of the coolest Mob Operations for a Short Term High Volume Money Maker.

He covered a lot about it in a documentary but not the Money.
Thanks FriendofFamily
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Allie Boy
Straightened out

Post by Allie Boy »

Antiliar wrote:
Allie Boy wrote:Can you ask him about his testimony in the Norby Walters case and why he doesn't consider himself a rat for doing it, especially since he admitted to Norby's attorney he had become a federal informer in February of 1986?

Here is an article about Franzese and his informant status
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/sport ... agent.html
For him to come on line and answer questions that would be kind of insulting, don't you think?
He obviously doesn't see himself as a rat. Maybe he can convince us he never gave them anything of substance. Maybe a proper question would help him rather than hurt him. His old mob friends don't seem to see him as a rat.
Teflon john
Straightened out

Post by Teflon john »

I always read that he only gave info on LCN itself as an organization and not about specific guys,so if he never turned evidence against any certain guys i guess he is an informer and not a rat. There is a difference just ask Whitey Bulger,ha ha.
Allie Boy
Straightened out

Post by Allie Boy »

Teflon john wrote:I always read that he only gave info on LCN itself as an organization and not about specific guys,so if he never turned evidence against any certain guys i guess he is an informer and not a rat. There is a difference just ask Whitey Bulger,ha ha.
Yeah I've never seen any evidence of "evidence" from him being used against anyone in that life. The only cloud hanging over him seems to have been his testimony at the Norby Walters trial, which frankly did not amount to much.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

when he says he gave millions to persico and the colombo family ,names its member and the bosses does not qualify him as a rat? giving info on jews or non italians do not make him a rat? please help me on this
Allie Boy
Straightened out

Post by Allie Boy »

bronx wrote:when he says he gave millions to persico and the colombo family ,names its member and the bosses does not qualify him as a rat? giving info on jews or non italians do not make him a rat? please help me on this
Didn't Persico admit during his own trial that there was a mafia and he was a member of it? Maybe it's hard for them to stay mad at Michael when Junior is no better lol.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

I'm relaying a message that Brian sent.
Mike got back to him via email but due to Brian traveling he will not have time to put the answers up until next week or so.

So stay tuned...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

That's great.

I don't care what Michael Franzese considers himself. I look forward to whatever he has to say outside of the usual "mob 101" crap.

A lot of these guys might be surprised what nerds we are...
"What day/month/year were these guys made? Why did this guy get made before that guy?"
"Here is an essay speculating about a guy we know nothing about who is mentioned once as a footnote from 100 years ago."
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Thanks AG. Tell BW we are looking fwd to his posting of Mike response.......Soliai
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Allie boy you are correct, that is why gotti called him a rat and instigated the war..that should not mean everyone should make that mistake
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

bronx wrote:when he says he gave millions to persico and the colombo family ,names its member and the bosses does not qualify him as a rat? giving info on jews or non italians do not make him a rat? please help me on this
He testified wrote a couple of books and talked for 30 years to anyone that would listen, He is a rat ,

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/sport ... agent.html

Mr. Franzese admitted that he became a Federal informer in February 1986 and that his sentencing in connection with the charges for which he pleaded guilty was contingent upon his cooperation with the Government in several investigations.

He stated that he had informed the Government of meetings at which Carmine Persico and top leaders of New York's five organized-crime families discussed taking retaliatory measures against Federal agents.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Michael Franzese

Post by Lupara »

B. wrote:A lot of these guys might be surprised what nerds we are...
"What day/month/year were these guys made? Why did this guy get made before that guy?"
"Here is an essay speculating about a guy we know nothing about who is mentioned once as a footnote from 100 years ago."
So true. [emoji23]