Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Bruno187
Straightened out

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Bruno187 »

I can't help but wonder why Patsy's brother Neil hasn't been named in this indictment.
Very odd indeed.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Chucky wrote:He hasn't rolled, if was he talking they wouldn't have stuck up in SCI Forest, that's a tough prison.
Has his wife not been liquidating all there assets ?? That's what I've heard , that could be a sign of going into a life in witsec , maybe
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Hailbritain wrote:
Chucky wrote:He hasn't rolled, if was he talking they wouldn't have stuck up in SCI Forest, that's a tough prison.
Has his wife not been liquidating all there assets ?? That's what I've heard , that could be a sign of going into a life in witsec , maybe
Sorry liquifying , i meant
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I haven't heard that, as far as I know he left his uncle and brother to take care of things, she was pretty involved in real estate when he was on the street, I doubt she stepped away from that.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Allie Boy
Straightened out

Post by Allie Boy »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
B. wrote:Just to clarify, the John Spirito in this indictment is the imprisoned one, not his son who is an alleged acting capo, right?
No, it´s the son. I´m a little bit amazed that he´s only 34. Wasn´t he said to have been an acting skipper, what...three, four years ago?
He was young when he got that job. Maybe 29 or 30. It's rare, but not unheard of. Ernie Aiello is about the same age and was also acting capo at a young age.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Frank 'Harpo' Trapani has gotta be a made Lucchese by now. He goes back with the Canarsie crew to Vario.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Looks like 3 other Genovese Associates were busted in Massachusetts. They were part of the Springfield Crew and for some reason were not named in the main indictment.

Looks like Ralph "Ralphie Sant" Santiello/49 is also a Genovese made member and part of the Springfield Crew.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

We might start to see more of these bundled indictments against multiple Cosa Nostra groups since the more specific targeted cases in recent years have failed and LE's resources aren't pooled toward specific families the way they were in the past. Since all of these guys are part of Cosa Nostra and there are loose threads running through their groups, targeting them as an "East Coast La Cosa Nostra Enterprise" may be a new approach from LE.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

B. wrote:We might start to see more of these bundled indictments against multiple Cosa Nostra groups since the more specific targeted cases in recent years have failed and LE's resources aren't pooled toward specific families the way they were in the past. Since all of these guys are part of Cosa Nostra and there are loose threads running through their groups, targeting them as an "East Coast La Cosa Nostra Enterprise" may be a new approach from LE.

I think youre right B. Its a good observation.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cheech wrote:
B. wrote:We might start to see more of these bundled indictments against multiple Cosa Nostra groups since the more specific targeted cases in recent years have failed and LE's resources aren't pooled toward specific families the way they were in the past. Since all of these guys are part of Cosa Nostra and there are loose threads running through their groups, targeting them as an "East Coast La Cosa Nostra Enterprise" may be a new approach from LE.

I think youre right B. Its a good observation.
And at the very least it disrupts a number of different operations and guarantees a few plea deals/convictions.

Very curious to see if we will see this tactic more often in the coming years.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

"East Coast La Cosa Nostra Enterprise" HA HA Preet Bharara has Joey Merlino as one of leaders of the "East Coast La Cosa Nostra Enterprise" Joey was running the East coast :lol:, I guess Ligambi and Mazzone aint the Bosses but now are acting till this blows over ,LMAO....Just saying, :mrgreen:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/ma ... ized-crime

Enterprise members PASQUALE PARRELLO, a/k/a “Patsy,” a/k/a “Pat,” JOSEPH MERLINO, a/k/a “Joey,”defendants, supervised and controlled other members of the Enterprise engaged in illegal schemes,
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:Does anybody know what Joey the Punk got indicted for?

Bookmaking and healthcare fraud. Here is the indictment.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/fbi-arrest ... round-nyc/

The indictments doesn't identify the made members but a quick glance reveals that the following made members were busted (in addition to Merlino). I'm sure there are others.

Genovese
Capo Conrad Ianniello
Capo Pasquale "Patsy" Parello
Soldiers Ralph “The Undertaker” Balsamo and Anthony Conigliaro

Gambino
Capo Danny Marino

Bonanno
Soldiers John “Johnny Joe” Spirito and Pasquale “Patty Boy” Maiorino

Lucchese
Soldier Marco Minuto
Spirito is in jail doing 20yrs , marino just got out after serving a 5yr sentence. Also Balsamo is either locked up or just got out from his previous bust for dealing coke. Looks like they Got Merlino on sports gambling and healthcare fraud. ? So they hit him with RICO. Also not sure of some of these names but it appears that Merlino is the only Philly member charged? Looks like Joey made some friends in prison with ties to Patsy's crew. I have to assume he did time with Balsamo(the undertaker) and this was how they became associated.?? Not allot of detail in the indictment. So who knows how tight the indictment is against Merlino. He is based in FL the rest of the guys were in NY. So I have to assume they got him on wiretaps to tie him into the RICO indictment.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Hailbritain wrote:What's the betting Anthony nicedemo is talking ??

If that guys was talking you would see murder indictments . Plus you would see more Philly guys listed here. He aint talking.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

JCB1977 wrote:
willychichi wrote:Obviously LE has been watching merlino for a while, there were some reports a while back by Scott that Merlino was meeting with the Gambino and Genovese guys in Florida and Jersey. I'll bet they got these guys on a bug. Is there a press release yet?
Anybody could have guessed he was meeting with NY guys as he was locked up with them for 12 years and sees that they are taking over everything. Philly has been reduced to a gang of gamblers and thieves, there was more to be gained linking up with NY then with the current landscape of Philly OC. Looks like Joey was padding his portfolio and after 2 Federal convictions...if they have him on tape (and I believe the evidence is clear and convincing), he won't return a free man until he's in his 70's "at least."

The million dollar question is: Will Joey turn state's evidence? History says absolutely not and for that, I give him a lot of credit...but fresh out of the can after 14 years and just beginning to live the high life (albeit on other people's dimes) again, this could be the bust where he disappears into WITSEC for good...or the bust where the Feds put the final nail in his coffin. VERY INTERESTING! Now I see why all these Philly mob fanatics gush over this midget, he's without question more entertaining than the Eagles, Phillies and 76ers!
I don't see him talking because if he did there are many many murders that he would have to fess up to you and the Feds would not just give him 5yrs. He would have to do at least 10yrs and this indictment is just gambling and healthcare fraud. Also the indictment is kinda bland so the evidence against him could be weak. We have no idea yet what the feds have. He could pay his attorney $200k to work out a sweet plea deal depending on what they got on him.