Genovese leadership and their control of Philly

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Genovese leadership and their control of Philly

Post by Chucky »

Scarfo had what, four made guys clipped during his time as boss? I don't see why he's labeled as some homicidal maniac, the other bosses were no different.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Chucky wrote:Scarfo had what, four made guys clipped during his time as boss? I don't see why he's labeled as some homicidal maniac, the other bosses were no different.
Thanks Chucky, how much influence did Saul Kane have with Scarfo during this time frame? Did Kane only advise Scarfo on financial matters or was he advising Scarfo on other aspects of the family as well?
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chucky wrote:Scarfo had what, four made guys clipped during his time as boss? I don't see why he's labeled as some homicidal maniac, the other bosses were no different.

This motherfucker just be killing niggas just to do it. Nigga killing motherfuckers just 'cause he can, Not 'cause they snitching, not 'cause it's business, But 'cause this shit just comes natural to him. This nigga don't feel nothing. And all them motherfuckers in them row houses, nobody mean a fucking thing to him. Fuck Scarfo, man. Fuck him! And anybody that think it's all right to do people this way.
You hear me? Fuck all y'all motherfuckers.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote:

This motherfucker just be killing niggas just to do it. Nigga killing motherfuckers just 'cause he can, Not 'cause they snitching, not 'cause it's business, But 'cause this shit just comes natural to him. This nigga don't feel nothing. And all them motherfuckers in them row houses, nobody mean a fucking thing to him. Fuck Scarfo, man. Fuck him! And anybody that think it's all right to do people this way.
You hear me? Fuck all y'all motherfuckers.

Pogo
The game's the game.
All roads lead to New York.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

marlo Stanfield wad a cold mama jama.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Yeah people dont realize cause they want to believe everything George Anastasia says but Scarfo did not violate any rules so to speak. And really nobody can say shit about Savlie because the boss ordered it. He was within his right to demand tribute from Riccobene so when he balked thats what happens. And whether the reason is good or not if the boss orders a hit than thats it. Scarfos paranoia may of led to Del or Crow flipping, them both knowing Scardo didnt fuck around so when they both fucked up they knew they would get it hence them running to Law Enforcement. But believe me nobody flipped becquse Salvie was killed, in fact everyone in Testas murder benefited monetarily and some got made down to Tore Scaffifi who was given 500 a week to run a numbers office as a reward for his role. So dont let that bullshit fool anyone
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Testa overplayed his hand anyway, he thought he could get over on Merlino and it blew up in his face.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

brianwellbrock wrote:Yeah people dont realize cause they want to believe everything George Anastasia says but Scarfo did not violate any rules so to speak. And really nobody can say shit about Savlie because the boss ordered it. He was within his right to demand tribute from Riccobene so when he balked thats what happens. And whether the reason is good or not if the boss orders a hit than thats it. Scarfos paranoia may of led to Del or Crow flipping, them both knowing Scardo didnt fuck around so when they both fucked up they knew they would get it hence them running to Law Enforcement. But believe me nobody flipped becquse Salvie was killed, in fact everyone in Testas murder benefited monetarily and some got made down to Tore Scaffifi who was given 500 a week to run a numbers office as a reward for his role. So dont let that bullshit fool anyone
Thanks for the insights BW
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

brianwellbrock wrote:Yeah people dont realize cause they want to believe everything George Anastasia says but Scarfo did not violate any rules so to speak. And really nobody can say shit about Savlie because the boss ordered it. He was within his right to demand tribute from Riccobene so when he balked thats what happens. And whether the reason is good or not if the boss orders a hit than thats it. Scarfos paranoia may of led to Del or Crow flipping, them both knowing Scardo didnt fuck around so when they both fucked up they knew they would get it hence them running to Law Enforcement. But believe me nobody flipped becquse Salvie was killed, in fact everyone in Testas murder benefited monetarily and some got made down to Tore Scaffifi who was given 500 a week to run a numbers office as a reward for his role. So dont let that bullshit fool anyone
More great insight and opinion!

1) While GA is a great author and without his work, 75% of all Philadelphia crime family "common knowledge" would be greatly decreased, still doesn't take away that he's not always 100% accurate. GA appears to falls short when it comes to the family's Jersey operations both north and south.

2) Great point on Salvie. Crow recollected seeing Testa at a party and Leonetti stating something to the effect of "I'm tired of seeing this guy alive." Jump to years later, Leonetti in a documentary lamented Testa's death and strongly implied they were childhood friends (voiceover during a scene of two children playing with a fire hydrant in the street). I think in the end, they are all opportunists.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

New article from Scott. Not much here but according to him, Borgesi is now a captain.

http://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-bo ... same-page/
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Chucky wrote:Testa overplayed his hand anyway, he thought he could get over on Merlino and it blew up in his face.

What do you mean? Maybe I missed somethong you said previously.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

brianwellbrock wrote:
Chucky wrote:Testa overplayed his hand anyway, he thought he could get over on Merlino and it blew up in his face.

What do you mean? Maybe I missed somethong you said previously.
I believe Chucky's talking about Salvie dumping Merlinos daughter that he was in gaged to.......Soliai
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Chucky is south philly the only area in philly proper that they operate in? I remember reading that northeast philly has a decent italian population as well.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Brian, Merlino tolerated Testa sleeping with other women and smacking around his daughter as long as he did the right thing. Instead Testa embarrasses the Merlino's by dumping the girl a few weeks before the wedding and badmouthing the daughter around town.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Nicky,

Yeah they got a few things going on in the Northeast, but mainly South Philly as far where they live and where their "base of operations" are. They move around the city though, especially with the gentrification shit going on.